Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS/CXX Paint and Quality Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 10:49 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts
Default PTS/CXX Paint and Quality Issues?

Watching the last few Obsessed Garage videos first with the PTS Green Touring next with 991.1 RS PTS Golf Blue, I thought I’d ask the owners who took delivery (or saw up close) PTS cars potentially with CXX bits, how does the quality compare to regular colors without CXX?

Particularly I am curious how things like factory painted wheels, front bumper, aero blades, winglets as well as the car itself painted in PTS turn out.

I’m going through a CXX build right now and have had couple of meetings and already have a date. Its a lot of coin, upwards of $100k on top and based on how this was explained to me as to how these customizations take place after the fact by the separate workshop, I am just curious if there are some downsides and accepted pitfalls of the entire approach. I believe everything is removed from a complete car after the fact, either hand painted in the case of body panels and wheels or completely re upholstered if interior by a different team of individuals.

So if lets say you are doing a painted front fascia or wheels, they are removed once the car is complete, painted by hand, and reassembled. I thought the body parts are painted by the suppliers that paint the original parts too but thats apparently not the case. So if front fascia is to be painted body color, its actually masked and painted once the car is assembled and its removed. This poses challenges of matching the color but also you have people that paint these all the time in the supplier vs Porsche people who may not do as many of them.

I understand if you dont want to publicly post here, feel free to PM me in that case.

thanks
The following users liked this post:
Npillai (08-27-2024)