Received 137 Likes on 60 Posts

my RS PTS was also cancelled
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Blonde_magnet
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smellycat
my RS PTS was also cancelled
that’s so disappointing. What happens if you just say I want to stick with the pts? Would you get it eventually after a long wait or would your allocation just cancel automatically?
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
autozero
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

If the color pallet actually had some colors in it, it wouldn't be so bad. But I think they gave us a crappy selection so that people would order PTS and they could make more money. Then they couldn't produce.
I agree with you but what also doesn't make sense is why the Macan EVs and Taycans etc have such extensive color palettes and the 911 has such a paltry one. I would gladly pay $15k for the color I want just don't make me jump thru so many hoops to get it. It's no wonder Porsche stock price is down this year.
The following 4 users liked this post by autozero:
Blonde_magnet (Yesterday), Butzi (Yesterday), subshooter (Yesterday), ToasterThief (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
I agree with you but what also doesn't make sense is why the Macan EVs and Taycans etc have such extensive color palettes and the 911 has such a paltry one. I would gladly pay $15k for the color I want just don't make me jump thru so many hoops to get it. It's no wonder Porsche stock price is down this year.
My guess is that the folks who are buying the Macan EVs and Taycans are much less likely to spring for PTS so PAG has to provide them with more color options. In contrast, the 911 buyers are filled with more enthusiast who are willing to fork out for PTS. As a result, the cost of PTS for the 911s have skyrocketed and PAG reduced the standard color pallet to crap to encourage buyers to spring for the PTS.

....and then surprisingly, PAG gets a ton of PTS orders for the RSs and then can't meet the demand that THEY created.
The following 2 users liked this post by subshooter:
air-cooledjbj (Today), ToasterThief (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
smellycat
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 60 Posts

They switch your build to one of their choosing. if you don't do anything you will get a crappy build. you have to go in and change it. My understanding is that PTS is on approval only regardless.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Blonde_magnet
that’s so disappointing. What happens if you just say I want to stick with the pts? Would you get it eventually after a long wait or would your allocation just cancel automatically?
You would just keep getting rejected until the freeze date. When you get rejected, your build automatically changes to white, then you can change it to another standard color if it hasn't frozen yet.
The following users liked this post:
Blonde_magnet (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
My guess is that the folks who are buying the Macan EVs and Taycans are much less likely to spring for PTS so PAG has to provide them with more color options. In contrast, the 911 buyers are filled with more enthusiast who are willing to fork out for PTS. As a result, the cost of PTS for the 911s have skyrocketed and PAG reduced the standard color pallet to crap to encourage buyers to spring for the PTS.

....and then surprisingly, PAG gets a ton of PTS orders for the RSs and then can't meet the demand that THEY created.
I'm sure this is the truth.

Quick Reply: New PTS Colors