Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California registration

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 04:43 PM
johnarpy
Advanced

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

In LA we vote yes on everything. It’s just who we are.
The following users liked this post:
M5150 (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 06:42 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Which voters have voted for. That was their choice.
The State sales tax is 7.25%
Originally Posted by f4bones
. . . and 10% sales tax in some places within the PRK (Peoples Republic of Kaliforstan)
Originally Posted by johnarpy
You get what you pay for, so I'm not complaining.
Except california wasn't this way a generation ago. A generation ago, SoCal still had the same great weather, beautiful nature, but back then traffic was far better, housing costs and taxes were far less, crime was less, there was actual political choice, people didn't brazenly shoplift in public, and homeless were not allowed to disrupt business, peace, and public safety.

Now, most of the people who don't automatically vote democrat have left the state including me, and so yes you do get what you vote for, because there is no longer much real voter choice in CA.

I lived in CA for years, but now reside and work in a state with less half the total tax burden of CA.
I will retire 7 years sooner because I no longer live in California. I'd rather move and live at real mediterranean at a younger age, than deal with all the many headaches that now accompany "mediterranean like climate" of Kalifornia.

Last edited by Drifting; 05-27-2024 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Except california wasn't this way generation ago. A generation ago, SoCal still had the same great weather, beautiful nature, but back then traffic was far better, housing costs and taxes were far less, crime was less, there was actual political choice, people didn't brazenly shoplift in public, and homeless were not allowed to disrupt business, peace, and public safety.

Now, most of the people who don't automatically vote democrat have left the state including me, and so yes you do get what you vote for, because there is no longer much real voter choice.

I lived in CA for years, but now reside and work in a state with less half the total tax burden of CA.
I will retire 7 years sooner because I no longer live in California. I'd rather move and live at real mediterranean at a younger age, than deal with all the many headaches that now accompany "mediterranean like climate" of Kalifornia.
You tend to cherry-pick your complaints about CA. Granted there are issues I prefer had gone another way but when you investigate other states you'll find they have similar cultural and tax issues. FWIW, a conservative Republican governor (Arnold) raised taxes on vehicles.

I like to enjoy the present moment and not live in the future. I'll take the Mediterranean weather.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:58 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

Enjoy those sub-45 degree temps for nearly half the year in Idaho.
You can have them.

Some people can afford to live and work in California.
Others can't. That's why there are other places to live.

Meanwhile, Idaho still has a fairly high effective tax rate at 10.7%
It's state and local tax burden is ranked 29th in the nation. That's still fairly high.
Alaska is the lowest (4.6%), followed by Wyoming (7.5%), Tennessee (7.6%), South Dakota (8.4%), and Michigan (8.6%)

I've lived in NY which is the highest (15.9%)
And CT which is second to last in tax burden (15.4%)
But the weather sucks big time.

CA faces challenges just like all sorts of other states.
I'm fine being retired here and driving on some of the greatest roads on the planet.
YMMV

Tax Burden by State: 2022 State and Local Taxes | Tax Foundation

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 05-26-2024 at 08:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (05-27-2024), Nick (05-27-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 08:19 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 901 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Enjoy those sub-45 degree temps for nearly half the year in Idaho.
You can have them.

Some people can afford to live and work in California.
Others can't. That's why there are other places to live.

Meanwhile, Idaho still has a fairly high effective tax rate at 10.7%
It's state and local tax burden is ranked 29th in the nation. That's still fairly high.
Alaska is the lowest (4.6%), followed by Wyoming (7.5%), Tennessee (7.6%), South Dakota (8.4%), and Michigan (8.6%)

I've lived in NY which is the highest (15.9%)
And CT which is second to last in tax burden (15.4%)
But the weather sucks big time.

CA faces challenges just like all sorts of other states.
I'm fine being retired here and driving on some of the greatest roads on the planet.
YMMV

Tax Burden by State: 2022 State and Local Taxes | Tax Foundation

many people can afford to live in Cali, it’s literally the most populated state, but choose not to… you are coming off as an elitist if you think it’s just a money thing.

For one, all that sunshine won’t cover up the homeless pissing on the side of the CVS in front of your kids… no thanks… for some it’s a no brainer to live somewhere else, but Newscum thanks you for your license fee to keep the ‘crisis’ happening.
Old 05-26-2024, 08:31 PM
Indyxc
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 93 Posts

You get what you pay for, so I'm not complaining.
Interesting.. Half the people moving to TN ( Where I live), are from California.

PS Registering a GT3 RS yearly is like $60 bucks here.
Old 05-27-2024, 01:05 AM
johnarpy
Advanced

You only live once and I will live in Southern California. It doesn't mean other states are inferior, but it means you shouldn't judge my choice. I actually like paying taxes that are used to build roads and fund public education. I like libraries and parks. I love knowing that my state cares about people including immigrants. I like paying my fair share in taxes. I understand that an intelligent society needs to support the less fortunate. We are driving the best cars in the world and should enjoy that. If you want less, then I pity you. This is why I don't discuss politics. God bless the ignorant and unfortunate.
The following users liked this post:
Nick (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 01:11 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

You only live once and I will live in Southern California. It doesn't mean other states are inferior, but it means you shouldn't judge my choice. I actually like paying taxes that are used to build roads and fund public education. I like libraries and parks. I love knowing that my state cares about people including immigrants. I like paying my fair share in taxes. I understand that an intelligent society needs to support the less fortunate. We are driving the best cars in the world and should enjoy that. If you want less, then I pity you. This is why I don't discuss politics. God bless the ignorant and unfortunate.
You deserve the filth and crime around you. You voted for it after all
Old 05-27-2024, 01:15 AM
johnarpy
Advanced

Again I pity the ignorant and the unfortunate. It's up to you to determine which category you fall into. I see no filth around me nor any crime. I am loving my life but also helping others around me. God bless.
Old 05-27-2024, 01:27 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,311 Likes on 4,979 Posts

OP's question has been answered.

This thread has run its course.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: California registration