Sponsored by:

GT3RS Insanity

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 04:18 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
The greed thread is one of many nanny bs things on the forum lately....

Apparently the word "homie" was deemed racist by a mod and they clearly don't know definitions of words. Forum staff flexing their white privilege I suppose....
You're right! And thankful for it everyday! Gave me the ability to climb mountains others saw as impassable. Greatful to not have been raised like a pretentious little b!txh. 🙌
Yet, here you are whining about “white privilege” like a pretentious little bitch (as you say)
The following users liked this post:
BlazinPond (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 04:32 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 76 Posts

back to topic...

nice gathering! i think it would be cool to see all those rs' on roads esp if my kids are with me. love teaching them about the cars when they're interested. people are just out having fun with their toys. it's no different than when me and my friends used to go out on our bmx bikes and ride around the neighborhoods, malls, etc. they didn't have bike parks back then so we'd have to find creative ways and places to do our thing.

forum discussions in technical sections should always be about the cars imo but these days we've lost our way in many forums and groups, not just rennlist. i just scroll passed or block various people. i only have one forum/social group (lexus) where it's always on topic and people are respectful...only because of hardcore, no bs moderators for rule breakers. they get tons of respect for keeping things clean and it's a challenging, mostly thankless job.

Last edited by sensei_tts; 04-10-2024 at 04:33 PM.
RyanSD (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 04:34 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
back to topic...

nice gathering! i think it would be cool to see all those rs' on roads esp if my kids are with me. love teaching them about the cars when they're interested. people are just out having fun with their toys. it's no different than when me and my friends used to go out on our bmx bikes and ride around the neighborhoods, malls, etc. they didn't have bike parks back then so we'd have to find creative ways and places to do our thing.

forum discussions in technical sections should always be about the cars imo but these days we've lost our way in many forums and groups, not just rennlist. i just scroll passed or block various people. i only have one forum/social group (lexus) where it's always on topic and people are respectful...only because of hardcore, no bs moderators for rule breakers. they get tons of respect for keeping things clean and it's a challenging, mostly thankless job.
You had me at Lexus.
sensei_tts (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 04:34 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 106 Posts

You're right! And thankful for it everyday! Gave me the ability to climb mountains others saw as impassable. Greatful to not have been raised like a pretentious little b!txh. 🙌
When ever a participant in a discussion involving a difference of opinion devolves into name calling and insults, it is a sign that a participant has no intelligent argument to pursue. Never thought a video like this of Porsche's could create a rift among Porsche enthusiasts. Albert Einstein was right in the 1950's when he said "when technology replaces human interaction we will have a generation of idiots." Anonymous social media will be the death of civilization.
The following 2 users liked this post by Atheist:
lockie (04-11-2024), RyanSD (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 04:49 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Originally Posted by Atheist
When ever a participant in a discussion involving a difference of opinion devolves into name calling and insults, it is a sign that a participant has no intelligent argument to pursue. Never thought a video like this of Porsche's could create a rift among Porsche enthusiasts. Albert Einstein was right in the 1950's when he said "when technology replaces human interaction we will have a generation of idiots." Anonymous social media will be the death of civilization.
That participant thinks he has class.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:33 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dr
Your confusing material success with class, character, and true evolved intelligence.

Again, you do a stupid burnout in a public parking lot, defacing the surface and you'd laugh in the property owner's face.

This is expected from a 16 year old.

I couldn't care less what happens next, but the only b...h and b.....d here are the ones that raised you, that is if you had parents.
This guy's great! Keyword..... public. Thanks for letting rubber in a commercial lot of a friend of mine who was watching and encouraging shenanigans stir you up so deeply. You do realize trash Truck, ups trucks, and other large heavy vehicles mark up private access lots everyday right? 🤣

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Yet, here you are whining about “white privilege” like a pretentious little bitch (as you say)
LoL, don't take that post seriously nor was it intended as such. Successfully triggering I see, but don't fret.

Originally Posted by Atheist
Classification on a specific sector of socio-economic stereotypes oddly isn't name callin, It's merely situational awareness.
RyanSD (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:34 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,219 Posts

Originally Posted by RG88
Lots of judgment for sure. Makes you wonder why? "Can't we all just get along?" IYKYK
It's RL.
Thousands upon thousands of posts where people tell "others" that are total strangers WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR MONEY.
It's hilarious!

The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
RyanSD (04-10-2024), Wild1 (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:41 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
back to topic...

Agreed 100%

But it's clear that there is a double-standard when it comes to the moderation at RL.
There's tons of name-calling that goes on here by the same posters over and over and never any "corrective" action taken.
It's terribly unfortunate, because it hurts what has the potential to be a terrific forum. As a result, I no longer think of this platform as one that
facilitates technical discussions of Porsche GT cars.

Would a video of a dozen GT cars on the road from Rennsport in Monterey create such backlash?
I don't think so.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-10-2024 at 05:43 PM.
RyanSD
Pro

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
It's RL.
Thousands upon thousands of posts where people tell "others" that are total strangers WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR MONEY.
It's hilarious!
Im stuck between a new rental or a Pardo 43. Someone tell me what to do!!
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

LoL, don't take that post seriously nor was it intended as such. Successfully triggering I see.
Says the guy constantly triggered by everything on RL… even a car he has no interest in. Aggression is in your nature I see
usctrojanGT3 (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Says the guy constantly triggered by everything on RL… even a car he has no interest in. Aggression is in your nature I see
Far from triggered Amigo. I'm a lover not a fighter. People here are just oddly sensitive when others opinions are voiced.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:51 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Far from triggered Amigo. I'm a lover not a fighter. People here are just oddly sensitive when others opinions are voiced.
pot meet kettle… self awareness goes a long way

by the way, the video is awesome, though… I skimmed through it and didn’t see anything a local PCA club wouldn’t do… R1 definitely getting some free publicity here on RL
Old 04-10-2024, 05:55 PM
RyanSD
Pro

by the way, the video is awesome, though… I skimmed through it and didn’t see anything a local PCA club wouldn’t do… R1 definitely getting some free publicity here on RL
Its a cool video but I dont think any of the owners have "class"
Old 04-10-2024, 05:57 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

OK LOL. You do realize I've never spoke ill of the ST right? Just said is a parts bin marketing and accounting masterpiece with very little truly bespoke physical design elements and its steering rack assembled with slinkys. Other than that it's a bargain for the msrp guys. I just prefer my slinky on stairs and not a steering assembly.

I haven't ever mentioned the shifter in all MT Porsches feels cheap and plastic like, want to go down that worm hole?

Quick Reply: GT3RS Insanity