Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manthey GT3 touring ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 01:59 AM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 134 Posts

if you’re asking about the carbon fiber cage, it’s available through some European RL vendors, but the current asking price is around $30K USD

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
Semi related, does anyone know if there is a way to buy the euro spec roll cage that comes in the S/T ? I'd love to put one in my touring.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:04 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
MR wheels are built for them by BBS. They don't manufacture them.
They just announced that they were making their own a couple of weeks ago... so we are both right ... its the internet after all...

I'll try and find the email ... ah here is the press release....

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/man...e-black-forest

I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) you thought I didn't know what I was talking about...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 04-05-2024 at 02:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TDT (04-05-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:20 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 167 Posts

If I was getting a touring, I would get this. I had MR components (Coils, brake lines, pads I had to source through a third party in Europe) for my 991.2 Touring and it transformed that car on road and on track. I can imagine someone doing this plus a S/T clutch/flywheel to get a pretty amazing Touring setup that is a sleeper on the road and on track (I am aware it's not a true track car... but I still take all my cars to the track even my M5... to let them run free).
The following 2 users liked this post by neoprufrok:
Diablo Dude (04-06-2024), Larry Cable (04-06-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:57 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
I’m doing the stainless steel lines and pads soon. Haven’t decided on wheels yet. Either Manthey or the S/T’s.

It’s a sickness…
can get you set up 👊🏽

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Jbravo23 (04-05-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:59 AM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Nice.

I'd vote for Manthey or the BBS FI-R EVO.
Any idea on the weight/price difference between these two?
Old 04-05-2024, 10:10 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,752 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
If I was getting a touring, I would get this. I had MR components (Coils, brake lines, pads I had to source through a third party in Europe) for my 991.2 Touring and it transformed that car on road and on track. I can imagine someone doing this plus a S/T clutch/flywheel to get a pretty amazing Touring setup that is a sleeper on the road and on track (I am aware it's not a true track car... but I still take all my cars to the track even my M5... to let them run free).
How much of a difference did the brake lines and pads make? Pedal feel and bite? Did you have PCCB’s

Last edited by Jbravo23; 04-05-2024 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:22 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,481 Likes on 794 Posts

Any stability issues with the touring on track with the limited downforce?
Old 04-05-2024, 10:35 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,954 Likes on 2,806 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I’ve driven Touring at Spa and ridden at Nürburgring and it’s lots of fun. But it does have noticeably less high speed stability than Winged car on those fast tracks. Probably hard to notice on slower US tracks…
Old 04-05-2024, 10:39 AM
jonbek
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 261 Posts

So is it a kit only, or can individual components be purchased? I understood them to be kits, but then I see suncoast has the coilovers listed now.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:17 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,954 Likes on 2,806 Posts

Originally Posted by jonbek
So is it a kit only, or can individual components be purchased? I understood them to be kits, but then I see suncoast has the coilovers listed now.
I think it’s probably possible to buy pieces of the kit ala carte…
jonbek (04-05-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 07:32 PM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
They just announced that they were making their own a couple of weeks ago... so we are both right ... its the internet after all...

I'll try and find the email ... ah here is the press release....

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/man...e-black-forest

I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) you thought I didn't know what I was talking about...
Correct. They’ve just started their own facility and capability.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:59 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
How much of a difference did the brake lines and pads make? Pedal feel and bite? Did you have PCCB’s
Yes to ceramics. Pedal feel and bite were much better. But a little much for daily driving... which I did anyways (my Touring had 30k miles when I sold it). On track it was sublime. I also set the suspension settings initially to what MR suggested (again through a third party who knows them) and it was cement slab stiff. Any bump in the highway would launch the car into orbit. I softened it up a little but still felt better on track. On track - it's just fun.. mechanical grip and no aero help - which means a little more active rear end... not the fastest way around... but way more fun.
Jbravo23 (04-06-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 02:01 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Yes... but not something I couldn't control and take account for. I used to track with the goal of dropping track times (had a spec Miata I later supercharged and tracked my McLaren and GT4)... but I realized me chasing lap times was making it less fun. Now I just have fun letting the car go 10/10ths as is.. and without the downforce it's pretty damn fun as long as you're not doing something completely stupid.
Old 04-06-2024, 02:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by TDT
Correct. They’ve just started their own facility and capability.
July '23...
Old 04-06-2024, 05:21 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 924 Posts

Yes to ceramics. Pedal feel and bite were much better. But a little much for daily driving... which I did anyways (my Touring had 30k miles when I sold it). On track it was sublime. I also set the suspension settings initially to what MR suggested (again through a third party who knows them) and it was cement slab stiff. Any bump in the highway would launch the car into orbit. I softened it up a little but still felt better on track. On track - it's just fun.. mechanical grip and no aero help - which means a little more active rear end... not the fastest way around... but way more fun.

That's very interesting to hear. MR is known for their "Ring" suspension tuning and "The Ring" is NOT smooth and is one of the worst roads for pavement quality, which is one reason all the MFG. use it for their testing. You would think they wouldn't have it set up super stiff like you would on a smooth high speed track.

I'm no expert by any means, but I have read before that most high-end aftermarket coil-over MFG tune their dampers to work at their best in their half way point setting. I have the MCS 2-ways on my GT4 and that holds true with those. I am at 9 out of 18 clicks for both compression and rebound and find that to be the sweet spot. You can tune from there to suit your needs and balance, but the middle settings is just so good.

Last edited by TRZ06; 04-06-2024 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Manthey GT3 touring ...