Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who else has their passenger side carpet cut?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 06:58 PM
marklondon
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I cut this out over the weekend and installed the extinguisher. One question, the foot mat now doesn't seem to fit as you can't move it far enough toward the center tunnel as the floor section of the extinguisher and straps are in the way. What's the solution? t looks to me in the photos of the install above that the mat is just pulled to the right? Does porsche do a mat with a purpose cut out?
Old 10-30-2022, 11:51 PM
Doublej
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 73 Posts

There are a lot of pre-cut carpet sections. Take your seats out and you’ll see at least 4 more on each side. I used one to mount my outer lap harness to the tub. Two other cut outs under the seat I think are for sub-belt mounts but I couldn’t find any threaded holes. Same for the last on on the tunnel which I thought was for the inner lap harness but again, there was no threaded hole there (apparently there was for 991s per a video I watched )
Old 10-31-2022, 04:44 AM
marklondon
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublej
There are a lot of pre-cut carpet sections. Take your seats out and you’ll see at least 4 more on each side. I used one to mount my outer lap harness to the tub. Two other cut outs under the seat I think are for sub-belt mounts but I couldn’t find any threaded holes. Same for the last on on the tunnel which I thought was for the inner lap harness but again, there was no threaded hole there (apparently there was for 991s per a video I watched )
There are yeah, any idea on my question? Is there a special Mat from Porsche with a cut out for the shape of the fire extinguisher?
Old 10-31-2022, 11:21 AM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by marklondon
I cut this out over the weekend and installed the extinguisher. One question, the foot mat now doesn't seem to fit as you can't move it far enough toward the center tunnel as the floor section of the extinguisher and straps are in the way. What's the solution? t looks to me in the photos of the install above that the mat is just pulled to the right? Does porsche do a mat with a purpose cut out?

Nope. Just cut it out in the same shape. Will work perfectly fine!
The following users liked this post:
marklondon (11-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Who else has their passenger side carpet cut?