Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Delivery - Experience & Pics - 992 GT3 Touring Signal Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022 | 07:24 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Laz99
Main takeaway for me reading about your experience is tons of respect to your mom for being ok with the LWBs

Glad you had a good time. The unrestricted Autobahn stretches of the A81 near the Swiss border, pretty decent, right? An alternative (longer) way of coming down to Switzerland from Stuttgart is via the Black forest, via the B500 and ideally some detours from the 500 to explore some incredible roads, and entering Switzerland through the Bad Zurzach area. Speed limits outside the Black Forest villages are more tolerant compared to the Swiss passes. I've recently started exploring this area, and I consider it drivers heaven, its definitely a nice way to experience the incredible steering of the GT3

Your driving day in Switzerland definitely included some great choices. As you said, these choices pretty much depend on the amount of time one has at his/her disposal, there as so many scenic routes around here, its impossible to get bored... Davos to St Moritz is another favorite of mine, yesterday I drove around the Säntis area with some friends for the first, stunning... Even Zurich has a few small passes nearby if one gets the occasional itch I don't know, maybe all roads seem great because the GT3T is so bloody awesome, who knows haha

Seeing you guys travelling half-way around the world to pick up your cars is really inspiring, if anyone needs any info on routes, hotels restos etc, happy to share any knowledge I might have
Haha...yeah she was honestly fine sitting in them. Even able to catch a nap a few times. Getting in/out was a slower process because they/the car is low...but I raised the seat and that helped a fair bit.

Yeah was a great way to cap the last hours with the car. So cool to drive like that.

The passes I chose just seemed like the foundational choices for a first time visit. The essentials. In future, I'd like to go down to Como or Lugano.

Didn't have a chance to explore the B500 south of Freudenstadt, my delivery consultant was telling me to take the side roads from the B500 as he used to do when he was younger on bikes. Sounds like there's all kinds of nice roads around there. So awesome to have such roads at your disposal, if even for a day trip!

Thanks for the Burgenstock recommendation, initially wasn't going to drop that coin on a hotel. But said, what the hell. I'd definitely go back. I can see it being even better if you stay longer and use their facilities and maybe do some activities on the grounds. Solid place to unwind.

Switzerland is a beautiful country you have. The bread was really good too!

I hope to go back again, maybe next year!
The following users liked this post:
user 9973849 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-27-2022 | 07:25 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by touringGT3
Fantastic write up, indeed! Learned a few that should help me with my own ED in a week and a half from today, so, thanks!
Thanks!

Have a blast! I'm smiling thinking about it for you.
Old 06-27-2022 | 08:12 PM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Thanks so much for all the valuable information - Really appreciate the long note - My car may not be done in time and porsche is trying to make it right - Great company- Will keep you all posted
SToronto (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022 | 11:37 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Hey ST, we must have just missed each other as I saw your GT3T getting ready for delivery at Zuffenhausen in the parking lot of Werk 1 on June 10, and also saw her again when I dropped my Cayenne Turbo off at Sal's in Sindelfingen on Sunday June 26 just a couple days back

You have an incredible spec, loved the signal yellow on cohiba leather with the buckets. Probably the best specced Porsche I saw the whole trip, and that's including the gulf blue TurboS I saw both times next to yours!

The following 2 users liked this post by sampelligrino:
heshalosny (07-02-2022), SToronto (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022 | 02:00 PM
TukeeGatorGT3
Rennlist Member

Congratulations, we DM'd over a year ago regarding your build. To see it finally come together is awesome, so very proud you and the car looks wonderful. This post got me all jazzed up for my ED scheduled for November 3rd. It's been a long time coming. I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior pictures as well, since I have EM Cohiba as well.

Overall this post and all of the details will definitely influence my ED, shame it's so late in the year as a significant amount of the passes will be closed. However, it won't keep me from still enjoying the experience and traveling.
Old 06-28-2022 | 11:14 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hey ST, we must have just missed each other as I saw your GT3T getting ready for delivery at Zuffenhausen in the parking lot of Werk 1 on June 10, and also saw her again when I dropped my Cayenne Turbo off at Sal's in Sindelfingen on Sunday June 26 just a couple days back

You have an incredible spec, loved the signal yellow on cohiba leather with the buckets. Probably the best specced Porsche I saw the whole trip, and that's including the gulf blue TurboS I saw both times next to yours!
Wow! Awesome, thanks for posting those pics, especially the waiting for prep one, I'll be saving that!

My car was CP8 on April 26, sat waiting a long time until they brought it to Werk 1. Fun to know you saw it there. I was there for a 8am delivery on June 20. I dropped off on June 24 morning. Close timing. We'll likely catch the same transport to port.

Thanks! I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Though I was worried about the combination the whole time, hard to picture properly with the dealership samples, I also had renders done. I'll take interior pics when I get and car and post up. There were a couple more CXX items I looked into doing to tie the interior in better with the exterior silver bits but the cost was getting out of hand for what seemed like a simple request because parts already exist for non GT3 992. Also tried to get CXX leather seat centres, but they were not approved yet.
sampelligrino (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022 | 11:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TukeeGatorGT3
Congratulations, we DM'd over a year ago regarding your build. To see it finally come together is awesome, so very proud you and the car looks wonderful. This post got me all jazzed up for my ED scheduled for November 3rd. It's been a long time coming. I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior pictures as well, since I have EM Cohiba as well.

Overall this post and all of the details will definitely influence my ED, shame it's so late in the year as a significant amount of the passes will be closed. However, it won't keep me from still enjoying the experience and traveling.
Ah yes, that was some time ago. Thanks!

I'll definitely post up the interior, figure sometime in late August by the time the car arrives and such. What's your exterior colour?

While the main Swiss passes are certainly a draw, I would've done the trip without them as well. If this is your first ED like it was for me, that experience alone is worth it - Museum, Factory Tour, Delivery, Lunch, driving off. I don't know where you plan to go, but you can find plenty of nice driving roads in Southern Germany, do review the B500/Black Forest area....it was great along with the mostly side roads we took back to Stuttgart from Freudenstadt. Then there's the autobahns. You'll have a blast without the Swiss passes. I'll guarantee it.

Your car may be fitted with winters that time of year. Check on that. If so, you can return the car to Zuffenhausen factory (unless they change the policy by your ED).
Old 06-30-2022 | 02:41 PM
TukeeGatorGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
Ah yes, that was some time ago. Thanks!

I'll definitely post up the interior, figure sometime in late August by the time the car arrives and such. What's your exterior colour?

While the main Swiss passes are certainly a draw, I would've done the trip without them as well. If this is your first ED like it was for me, that experience alone is worth it - Museum, Factory Tour, Delivery, Lunch, driving off. I don't know where you plan to go, but you can find plenty of nice driving roads in Southern Germany, do review the B500/Black Forest area....it was great along with the mostly side roads we took back to Stuttgart from Freudenstadt. Then there's the autobahns. You'll have a blast without the Swiss passes. I'll guarantee it.

Your car may be fitted with winters that time of year. Check on that. If so, you can return the car to Zuffenhausen factory (unless they change the policy by your ED).
I ended up keeping Arrow Blue, I would do Oslo Blue, if I get a 992.2 touring allocation from my dealership and will push even harder for the 18-ways having factory blue/green tartan inserts like a few European CXX customers ended up being allowed to purchase. They didn't allow them due to the SC launch.

I was informed the car will come with winter tires due to the delivery date of 11/3 (my 41st birthday...). I will have to DM you and get a few ideas going, especially hotels that you really liked. One of my good buddies lives in Zurich, so I will drive down and see him, get in at least one pass (Julier Pass, he confirmed they keep it open all year).
Old 06-30-2022 | 06:53 PM
user 9973849
Banned

Originally Posted by TukeeGatorGT3
I ended up keeping Arrow Blue, I would do Oslo Blue, if I get a 992.2 touring allocation from my dealership and will push even harder for the 18-ways having factory blue/green tartan inserts like a few European CXX customers ended up being allowed to purchase. They didn't allow them due to the SC launch.

I was informed the car will come with winter tires due to the delivery date of 11/3 (my 41st birthday...). I will have to DM you and get a few ideas going, especially hotels that you really liked. One of my good buddies lives in Zurich, so I will drive down and see him, get in at least one pass (Julier Pass, he confirmed they keep it open all year).
You can also do the Bernina pass, which is near the Juliet, if I’m not mistaken it’s open all year long. For nearby hotels check out the Nira Alpina, it’s more than decent if you don’t want to push the boat out. Alternatively, St Moritz has tons of options.

If you decide to venture into the Black Forest and are a foodie, check out the Schwarzwaldstube, it’s relatively close to Stuttgart and is also part of a quite nice hotel. I had one of the best lunches of my life there recently

if you find yourself in ZH and fancy a drive in the nearby passes or elsewhere DM me, I’m one of the Europeans who got the fabric inserts for the sofas, happy to serve as inspiration although my inserts aren’t blue/green

Last edited by user 9973849; 06-30-2022 at 07:10 PM.
TukeeGatorGT3 (06-30-2022)
Old 07-10-2022 | 08:20 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Great info- Leaving soon to pick up GT3 - Plan as follows - Any input would be helpful as this is my first ED

1) Day #1 - Pick up car - Drive to Zurich ( Stay at Dolder Grand) ( Dinner in Zurich - Suggestions? )
2) Day#2- - Zurich to Lake Lucerne ( Stay at Villa Honegg 2 nights )- Tourist stuff around lake ( Suggestions ?)
3) Day# 4-5 Drive Furka Pass through Andermatt ( W to E )- to end up in Stresa Italy ( Villa E Plazzo Aminta) - 2 nights - Thoughts about visiting Lauterbraun on way
4) Day # 6-7-( Stresa Italy )
5 Day 7-9 ? Tyrol or Flims
6) Friday - Return Car
Old 07-10-2022 | 08:55 AM
user 9973849
Banned

Originally Posted by DrAsto992GT3
Great info- Leaving soon to pick up GT3 - Plan as follows - Any input would be helpful as this is my first ED

1) Day #1 - Pick up car - Drive to Zurich ( Stay at Dolder Grand) ( Dinner in Zurich - Suggestions? )
2) Day#2- - Zurich to Lake Lucerne ( Stay at Villa Honegg 2 nights )- Tourist stuff around lake ( Suggestions ?)
3) Day# 4-5 Drive Furka Pass through Andermatt ( W to E )- to end up in Stresa Italy ( Villa E Plazzo Aminta) - 2 nights - Thoughts about visiting Lauterbraun on way
4) Day # 6-7-( Stresa Italy )
5 Day 7-9 ? Tyrol or Flims
6) Friday - Return Car
Dinner in ZH, favorite stuff in the city for me would be the Widder restaurant and Ornellaia. The latter has a bit more of a lunch vibe but should also be nice in the evening. Dinner at Alex hotel in Thalwil is also very nice, it’s by the lake and the vibe is very nice. It’s about a 30’ drive from the Dolder and parking is not an issue. For more low key stuff, check out the Degenried, it’s 5’ on foot from the Dolder in the middle of the forest. Sonnenberg is also close to the Dolder and has amazing views of Zurich, but you also get this at the Dolder. Personally I wouldn’t dine at the Dolder, but that’s just me.

I’m no expert in the Lucerne area, one thing I like doing over there is getting a spa voucher for a few hours at the Burgenstock hotel their infinity pool facing lake Lucerne is pretty stunning. Maybe check out Vierwaldstätter see as well, lunch at the park hotel Vitznau or something could be an idea, but as I said I must plead ignorant when it comes to
more activities around Lucerne.

Coming back via Austria sounds like a great idea, doing some of the famous runs there etc Enjoy!!
Old 11-25-2022 | 10:45 AM
ron4sc
Instructor

Thanks for the write-up and great color choice. As an avid photographer, I hope you enlarged and framed this photo and have it hanging prominently inside your house or garage. This is pitch-perfect composition!
The following 2 users liked this post by ron4sc:
Diablo Dude (11-25-2022), FullThrottle64 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-25-2022 | 12:05 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ron4sc
Thanks for the write-up and great color choice. As an avid photographer, I hope you enlarged and framed this photo and have it hanging prominently inside your house or garage. This is pitch-perfect composition!
Thanks for the compliments!

I would call myself an amateur photographer. Had been away from it for 7 years, had 2 kids in that time. Even less free time. The iPhone took front seat with it's convenience and it's in the pocket anyway. This trip was the return of my Canon 5D MKIII, took this with the 24-70 f2.8. I thoroughly enjoyed using it and have continued to do so the rest of this summer. It's just so much better than a phone in many ways, likely more so for those who enjoy the work of photography.

I haven't yet done anything with my photos, should put this up in my home office. My garage is chock a block with a lift and 3 cars, it's not a place I spend much time in other than moving cars, cleaning them or getting tools out. Older house, garages are not as wide or deep as nowadays. It's a dream to have a pleasant space some day.

What do you shoot with?

Old 11-25-2022 | 12:50 PM
ron4sc
Instructor

Thanks for the compliments!

What do you shoot with?
I started as a youngster with a Canon AE-1 and A-1. I then switched to Nikon for the D700.

now I’m back to Canon for good. I love my R5. I use the video more than I imagined. I currently shoot with the 24-105 f/4. By the time I take ED, I’ll pickup the 24-70 f/2.8. Between the R5, iPhone 13 Pro, and a GoPro, I’ll have years of photo and video editing in front of me.
Old 11-25-2022 | 01:17 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ron4sc
I started as a youngster with a Canon AE-1 and A-1. I then switched to Nikon for the D700.

now I’m back to Canon for good. I love my R5. I use the video more than I imagined. I currently shoot with the 24-105 f/4. By the time I take ED, I’ll pickup the 24-70 f/2.8. Between the R5, iPhone 13 Pro, and a GoPro, I’ll have years of photo and video editing in front of me.
That's awesome! My first was a Canon 60D. I have been eyeing the R series. Haven't fully dug into it to properly understand the series and lens compatibility. I have a few L lenses now that I would hope to retain. I had a 17-40 F/4 that I moved to the 24-70 2.8.

I took my GoPro...ended up saying F-it...can't be bothered to fuss with mounting and playing with angles. I just wanted to enjoy the moment with photos and phone video given the 6 days we had. Perhaps on a second ED, now that everything there isn't a first time. GoPro would provide some good video in the alps for sure.

You'll be busy. It's great for the memories.

What are you getting and when are you doing ED?

Quick Reply: European Delivery - Experience & Pics - 992 GT3 Touring Signal Yellow