Sponsored by:

Removing the Air Bag Warning Sticker from Sun Visor

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 12:03 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Default Removing the Air Bag Warning Sticker from Sun Visor

Many of us remove these ugly stickers. I just removed them from my GT3 the other day and decided to finally take it off my 5 year old Carrera while I was at it. I normally take these stickers off right after delivery but for some reason I didn't on my C4. On the GT3, the sticker came off very easily using the method described in the video at the end of this post. However, my Carrera sticker did not. Here is a pic after my first attempt:

I guess waiting 5 years to remove it is a bad idea with the heat and sun acting over time. It was a pain. I ended up using a brillo pad with multiple attempts. Mine are all vinyl visors. There always seem to be a ghost residue after I was done even after using Goo gone. However, This time,I used the brillo pad with goo gone followed up by 409 to remove chemical residue. Now I can't even see any ghost image of the original sticker.

Lesson learned is that if you are going to remove the sticker, do it early in your car's life. Here is an after picture of my Carrera's visor and it looks great. My other cars look the same now. Some guys spend a ton of money and just replace the visors from suncoast.

Here is the video on how to do it for those that don't know what I am talking about:

Last edited by subshooter; 06-03-2022 at 12:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wormman (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 12:53 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Nice work, Sub! And no ghosting. I removed mine on day #2.
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (06-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Removing the Air Bag Warning Sticker from Sun Visor