Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 10:22 PM
porsche-monkey
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Even if it's an incoming car, you should still get access to the status of the car via TYD. I took over someone else's Taycan build right before the build froze and it came onto my TYD within a few days of me putting my deposit down.
Ok that's a good information now. Monday will ask the dealer about the TYD activation.
So is TYD is the only source of truth of whereabouts of the vehicle? Or is there a way to see the planned ship loading info?
The following users liked this post:
JMSGT (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 10:30 PM
porsche-monkey
Track Day

Sorry - a basic question. Where do I get the TYD access? Is it an app or online portal? The only app I see on the Apple App store (iPhone) is the "My Porsche". Is it where we have to get the SA to add the vehicle info? The more informed I am I can guide the SA (in case if he doesn't know).
Old 11-27-2022, 01:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche-monkey
Ok that's a good information now. Monday will ask the dealer about the TYD activation.
So is TYD is the only source of truth of whereabouts of the vehicle? Or is there a way to see the planned ship loading info?
The dates and timelines that I was seeing on my TYD were the same as the dates that the dealer was seeing on their end so it's about as good as it'll get. You don't know what ship the car gets onto until it's actually on a ship and TYD is updated with the name of the ship.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:22 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Sorry - a basic question. Where do I get the TYD access? Is it an app or online portal? The only app I see on the Apple App store (iPhone) is the "My Porsche". Is it where we have to get the SA to add the vehicle info? The more informed I am I can guide the SA (in case if he doesn't know).
Here's the website that I go to (but yes the app works too)....

https://trackyourdream.porsche.com/
Old 11-27-2022, 08:24 AM
porsche-monkey
Track Day

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Here's the website that I go to (but yes the app works too)....

https://trackyourdream.porsche.com/
Thanks for the link. It appears like this website is down. I get this error: Service Unavailable - Please try again later..

May be I should wait till monday and talk to my SA about it.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:16 PM
HKB
Track Day

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the link. It appears like this website is down. I get this error: Service Unavailable - Please try again later..

May be I should wait till monday and talk to my SA about it.
try this link.. it seems to work. login.porsche.com
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (11-27-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:24 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by CTB
Here is what I had from PWL, as of 1 week ago.
How did you get this schedule to show up? When I go on PWL group e-portal, and put in the information, the latest week I can get is week 35?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2022, 11:44 AM
CTB
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
How did you get this schedule to show up? When I go on PWL group e-portal, and put in the information, the latest week I can get is week 35?

Thanks!
I emailed Ingrid Schalk directly and asked for the updated schedule. Her email is at bottom of the schedule; she is very responsive. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2022, 02:53 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by CTB
I emailed Ingrid Schalk directly and asked for the updated schedule. Her email is at bottom of the schedule; she is very responsive. Good luck!
Got it. Thank you very much!
Old 11-28-2022, 07:28 PM
porsche-monkey
Track Day

So that I am clear - is porsche tracking strictly based on this above PWL group's website? I was looking on this:
https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001 .

But none of the PWL vessel names showing up here.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

So that I am clear - is porsche tracking strictly based on this above PWL group's website? I was looking on this:
https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001 .

But none of the PWL vessel names showing up here.
Nope, they throw up some random Friday date for all the dates, including the on vessel date. My on vessel date for my Taycan was 12/9 and low and behold the car gets onto a ship on 11/24. It says that i'll arrive at the Houston port on 12/16 but based upon the vessel info I think it'll arrive 2-4 days earlier.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:25 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

I think what Porsche Monkey is saying is the expected ships coming into Emden don’t line up with what that tracker says.

Vessels that look like they might depart and end up in Houston from Emden in the next week are Lake Wanaka and Sunshine Ace. The 2 Dec date lines up with Lake Wanaka, not the SFL Conductor like that tracker says. Conductor is off the New England coast so safe to say it’s not leaving Emden in a few days.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:54 AM
porsche-monkey
Track Day

Originally Posted by rooster17
I think what Porsche Monkey is saying is the expected ships coming into Emden don’t line up with what that tracker says.

Vessels that look like they might depart and end up in Houston from Emden in the next week are Lake Wanaka and Sunshine Ace. The 2 Dec date lines up with Lake Wanaka, not the SFL Conductor like that tracker says. Conductor is off the New England coast so safe to say it’s not leaving Emden in a few days.
No - my question is different. If I go to the vesselfinder website I don't see the expected / arrived / departed / In port vessels with the names listed in the PWL sheet. So my question is: do we follow the PWL sheet or the vesselfinder? If its PWL, why don't the vesselfinder list the ships?

Basically I am trying to get timetables of ships leaving Emden to Jacksonville USA between now and end of the year.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:23 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,258 Posts

No - my question is different. If I go to the vesselfinder website I don't see the expected / arrived / departed / In port vessels with the names listed in the PWL sheet. So my question is: do we follow the PWL sheet or the vesselfinder? If its PWL, why don't the vesselfinder list the ships?

Basically I am trying to get timetables of ships leaving Emden to Jacksonville USA between now and end of the year.
It's been my experience that its not a good idea to use the "Port of Emden" part of Vesseltracker.
You should go off of the PWL Shipping Schedule that "needsdecaf" posted yesterday.

My TYD timeline was "off" when it came to the shipping timeline and wound up eventually changing to the Shipping Schedule for Glovis (I'm on the West Coast)
So I would definitely go with the PWL chart posted above.

Per the PWL chart, there are 3 ships coming into Jacksonville before year end.
The Supreme Ace, the Siem Confucius, and the Violet Ace.
Nov. 30, Dec. 5th, Dec. 21.

If you want "real-time" tracking VesselFinder charges $83 per month.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 11-29-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:58 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

Yep, that’s what I was trying to articulate because I am having the same problem. Clearly I didn’t say it well. Good luck with shipping.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA