Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Dannebrog53
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Our GT3 is finally home. It arrived at the dealer last week and we had them hold it there while I finished some major work on our early Bronco and made a proper parking space for it in the garage. It’s bee exactly a year since we ordered it and in that year strange things have happened. Last June our 6speed manual was changed to a PDK by Porsche because of the California noise fiasco. When that was resolved we had to reorder the car to get the 6 speed back on the build. The car completed assembly December 13, 2021 and was then shipped to Emden arriving on December 15th. Where it supposedly sat until being loaded onto the Glovis Sigma 11 weeks later. It then arrived in Benicia March 30th. Here’s where this “saga” gets weird. Today I received an email from Porsche saying our car was enroute from Benicia to the dealer and TYD shows the car left the factory December 13th and arrived at Emden March 1st. The other part to all this strangeness is when we picked it up yesterday I got in it and was taking in the interior. I looked at the shifter and realized it was a PDK! What happened to our manual? No one had any answers.
The following users liked this post:
rcsting (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 06:05 PM
FLAT6DAVE
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryzaiden
My car is at the Port waiting to get onto the ship. How can I see when it leaves the port going to San Diego?
Jerry, best bet is to check with your dealer on the estimated schedule, but once it is on a ship “track your dream” should update the day after it leaves with your car. Then you will see the vessel name. Here is what my TRD app looks like.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Dannebrog53
Advanced

Does anyone know what option ZDK Prepare for transmission means?
Old 04-08-2022, 06:10 PM
FLAT6DAVE
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dannebrog53
Our GT3 is finally home. It arrived at the dealer last week and we had them hold it there while I finished some major work on our early Bronco and made a proper parking space for it in the garage. It’s bee exactly a year since we ordered it and in that year strange things have happened. Last June our 6speed manual was changed to a PDK by Porsche because of the California noise fiasco. When that was resolved we had to reorder the car to get the 6 speed back on the build. The car completed assembly December 13, 2021 and was then shipped to Emden arriving on December 15th. Where it supposedly sat until being loaded onto the Glovis Sigma 11 weeks later. It then arrived in Benicia March 30th. Here’s where this “saga” gets weird. Today I received an email from Porsche saying our car was enroute from Benicia to the dealer and TYD shows the car left the factory December 13th and arrived at Emden March 1st. The other part to all this strangeness is when we picked it up yesterday I got in it and was taking in the interior. I looked at the shifter and realized it was a PDK! What happened to our manual? No one had any answers.
How did that conversation go? Did you end up keeping it? That is crazy, sorry that happened, although the PDK is awesome, but not what you wanted. Keep us informed on the story.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:49 PM
jerryzaiden
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by FLAT6DAVE
Jerry, best bet is to check with your dealer on the estimated schedule, but once it is on a ship “track your dream” should update the day after it leaves with your car. Then you will see the vessel name. Here is what my TRD app looks like.
Yes I have the app. I check it every day ha ha

Im just curious at the schedule just to see what day the ship leaves. As of now it says my car is at the port but not on the ship. Should be here mid may
Old 04-08-2022, 07:31 PM
Dannebrog53
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLAT6DAVE
How did that conversation go? Did you end up keeping it? That is crazy, sorry that happened, although the PDK is awesome, but not what you wanted. Keep us informed on the story.
Yes we kept it and our SA/dealer soften the "shock" with throwing a few things we originally planned to purchase for the car. The logic in keeping it is; the car looks even better than we'd hoped with the orange interior stitching and full carbon fiber trim, who knows when or if we'd be able to get another one with what's going on right now and even though the manual is more engaging to drive the PDK is faster on the track and easier to live with and in northern CA traffic is almost always an issue. No the SA didn't give us that spiel that's my observation based on our 2014 GT3 with PDK. Disappointed? Yes. Would I like to know what actually happened? Most definitely. All said, I count myself fortunate to have actually gotten one of these beautiful cars and plan on get the most enjoyment I can out of it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dannebrog53:
CPL55 (04-09-2022), Zero757 (04-09-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:46 PM
FLAT6DAVE
AutoX

Yes we kept it and our SA/dealer soften the "shock" with throwing a few things we originally planned to purchase for the car. The logic in keeping it is; the car looks even better than we'd hoped with the orange interior stitching and full carbon fiber trim, who knows when or if we'd be able to get another one with what's going on right now and even though the manual is more engaging to drive the PDK is faster on the track and easier to live with and in northern CA traffic is almost always an issue. No the SA didn't give us that spiel that's my observation based on our 2014 GT3 with PDK. Disappointed? Yes. Would I like to know what actually happened? Most definitely. All said, I count myself fortunate to have actually gotten one of these beautiful cars and plan on get the most enjoyment I can out of it.
Great spec, I love that orange. Great way to look at it and move on with a great car. I am glad the dealer did their part in giving you some stuff to help soften the blow. Drive the crap out of it.
Dannebrog53 (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:47 PM
CPS992
Racer

Received 362 Likes on 152 Posts

Great attitude - hope I'd react the same way, hope I never have to find out.
Dannebrog53 (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:53 PM
Bucketlistx911
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Two days port to dealer

Guards red totally Porsche!
Baltimore to VB, a supply chain success. Keep the faith. I am grateful, thank you Porsche!
TripleL (04-11-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:56 PM
CPS992
Racer

Received 362 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucketlistx911
Baltimore to VB, a supply chain success. Keep the faith. I am grateful, thank you Porsche!
Beauty. Hoping my Guards Red is leaving Baltimore soon too. Great looking spec, would love to see the interior.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:03 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Did the dealer ever send you a copy of the build sheet for the 6MT order? They should still be able to pull up the order in their system and see what was actually placed. I highly doubt Porsche built anything different than what was actually input by the dealer...
Old 04-08-2022, 08:04 PM
Bucketlistx911
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 115 Posts

interior is black leather with red deviated stitch. Buckets, leather wheel. I will post photos next week. Headed to Augusta for a non Porsche diversion. The guards red with the black parts is very cool. Total spec looks great, hot!
The following 2 users liked this post by Bucketlistx911:
CPS992 (04-08-2022), TripleL (04-11-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 08:42 PM
Dannebrog53
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mech33
Did the dealer ever send you a copy of the build sheet for the 6MT order? They should still be able to pull up the order in their system and see what was actually placed. I highly doubt Porsche built anything different than what was actually input by the dealer...
None of the paperwork from Porsche all the way back to the initial order placed April7, 2021 references what transmission the car was spec'd with. I know it originally was spec'd with the manual because Porsche sent me an email stating they'd changed it to a PDK due to the noise limits in CA.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:51 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

None of the paperwork from Porsche all the way back to the initial order placed April7, 2021 references what transmission the car was spec'd with. I know it originally was spec'd with the manual because Porsche sent me an email stating they'd changed it to a PDK due to the noise limits in CA.
Sorry to hear your unfortunate turn of events. Sounds like they kept you in the dark the entire time.

edit: just realized the build sheet & TYD overview says nothing about transmission. 😳

Last edited by smiles11; 04-08-2022 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:30 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucketlistx911

Wow that was quick! Congrats

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA