Sponsored by:

Check in if you have a 992 GT3/GT2 (variants) PTS and non-PTS on order

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 02:48 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts
Default Check in if you have a 992 GT3/GT2 (variants) PTS and non-PTS on order

I thought I would try have some more fun with the 992 GT3/GT2 (variants) and create a database of the cars. It was fun and interesting to see the results of the database I created for the 718 GT4/Spyder forum so I thought I would do the same for the 992 GT3/GT2 forum. Here are those links if you're interested. 718 GT4/Spyder non-PTS database and 718 GT4/Spyder PTS database
This time, I'm combining the PTS and non-PTS database into one vs separating them as I did in the 718 GT4/Spyder forum.

If you want to update the data, please let me know. If I missed your car or build, please let me know. As I mentioned, I combed through many threads and posts but didn't go through all of them and what is on the spreadsheet is either from people actually describing their build or information I gathered from their pictures so if something is wrong or missing, please let me know and I'll update.

Here is the link:GT3/GT2 (variants) PTS and non-PTS database

Here is the data I'm collecting. Feel free to post your information here and I'll update or send me a PM. Please understand that I'm not allowing editing access to the database because I did that for the PTS database I created for the GT4/Spyder and the data got deleted by someone. You can still access to view the database, just no editing. I've sorted the data first by color, then by model, and then by name from A to Z order.

1. screen name
2. GT3/Touring
3. color
4. color code

5. interior stitching/color
6. PCCB/standard brakes
7. caliper color
8. wheel color
9. LWBS/18/4 way seats
10. 6MT/PDK
11. allocation month
12. production month
13. delivery month
14. Dealer/Euro/PECLA/PECATL
15. V code

16. CXX options
17. build code
18. social media
19. link to pictures
20. link to pictures
21. link to pictures

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-08-2021 at 01:15 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
cosmos (12-18-2021), FLAT6DAVE (02-26-2022), fueledbymetal (08-23-2021), Mercuriell (12-28-2021), UncleDude (06-18-2021), User 81423 (07-04-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-18-2021, 08:08 AM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 244 Posts

Wow that’s quite the effort. To get more details, here is my complete build - PN8CBLJ8
The following 2 users liked this post by Captain P:
halfmonkey (08-11-2021), LonghornGT3 (04-15-2022)
Old 06-18-2021, 12:15 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Captain P
Wow that’s quite the effort. To get more details, here is my complete build - PN8CBLJ8
Thanks for sharing. I've updated the spreadsheet. Looks like Shark Blue is very popular so far, at least based on the limited spreadsheet data that's been collected.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:31 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 499 Likes on 301 Posts

Thank you for the effort. This deserves a bump, or even a sticky.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (08-11-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Hey @halfmonkey - why not use Google forms for your spreadsheet submissions? The output spreadsheet can be shared with everyone in Google Sheets, just as you are doing.

I created one today I can share with you. You don't have too many submissions yet so starting over this with wouldn't be hard. This can eventually turn into a registry for PTS.

Here's the link to the form I created- 992 GT3 PTS it outputs to a sheet as an option and users can edit their responses from the Email link sent. This way they can update as orders move through the system. It's a big effort to collect the data from each PM or post (look at the database in my link, that was fun but...), this way users will do most of the work. I don't want to duplicate your efforts here, actually it's nice someone else is doing it this time, but trying to help with my experience.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:40 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

1. screen name - L2_ONBOARD
2. GT3/Touring - GT3
3. color - Jet Black Metallic
4. color code - 2T

5. interior stitching/color - Shark Blue
6. PCCB/standard brakes - PCCB
7. caliper color - Black
8. wheel color - Satin Black
9. LWBS/18/4 way seats - LWBS
10. 6MT/PDK - 6MT
11. allocation month - March ‘21
12. production month -July ‘21
13. delivery month - Sept 7 ‘21
14. Euro/PECLA/PECATL - n/a
15. V code - v220

16. CXX options - not sure
17. build code - PN8YHS56
18. N/a
19. N/a
20. N/a
21. N/a
Old 07-04-2021, 08:34 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Hey @halfmonkey - why not use Google forms for your spreadsheet submissions? The output spreadsheet can be shared with everyone in Google Sheets, just as you are doing.

I created one today I can share with you. You don't have too many submissions yet so starting over this with wouldn't be hard. This can eventually turn into a registry for PTS.

Here's the link to the form I created- 992 GT3 PTS it outputs to a sheet as an option and users can edit their responses from the Email link sent. This way they can update as orders move through the system. It's a big effort to collect the data from each PM or post (look at the database in my link, that was fun but...), this way users will do most of the work. I don't want to duplicate your efforts here, actually it's nice someone else is doing it this time, but trying to help with my experience.
PTS only?
Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SBARacing
PTS only?
It’s halfmonkey’s list and he says both PTS and non PTS, but if left to me I would just track PTS. Collecting data on the entire build of this generation is best done using VIN registration data that can pull out colors and option %’s as you can find done with other generations and on other websites like Pors9. Detail data on the PTS colors is not available through VIN data so it’s nice to see how popular the PTS colors are by collecting lists like I have done for the 991.2, link in my signature.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:31 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
1. screen name - L2_ONBOARD
2. GT3/Touring - GT3
3. color - Jet Black Metallic
4. color code - 2T

5. interior stitching/color - Shark Blue
6. PCCB/standard brakes - PCCB
7. caliper color - Black
8. wheel color - Satin Black
9. LWBS/18/4 way seats - LWBS
10. 6MT/PDK - 6MT
11. allocation month - March ‘21
12. production month -July ‘21
13. delivery month - Sept 7 ‘21
14. Euro/PECLA/PECATL - n/a
15. V code - v220

16. CXX options - not sure
17. build code - PN8YHS56
18. N/a
19. N/a
20. N/a
21. N/a
Thanks for sharing. I've updated the database.

It’s halfmonkey’s list and he says both PTS and non PTS, but if left to me I would just track PTS. Collecting data on the entire build of this generation is best done using VIN registration data that can pull out colors and option %’s as you can find done with other generations and on other websites like Pors9. Detail data on the PTS colors is not available through VIN data so it’s nice to see how popular the PTS colors are by collecting lists like I have done for the 991.2, link in my signature.
Thanks for the suggestion. I created two separate databases in the 718 GT4/Spyder forum and it just started as a curiosity for myself and then turned into a "task." I actually don't mind doing it again because it's really nice to see people's build. I see the benefit of doing it your way but most of the data entry from my two other spreadsheets is actually from me reading threads and collecting data as I read about someone's build. In reality, it was only a small percentage that provided me the build data.

I decided to just combine PTS and non-PTS this time around for the 992 GT cars. Once people start taking delivery, I think the database will have more entries.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:20 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I thought I would try have some more fun with the 992 GT3/GT2 (variants) and create a database of the cars. It was fun and interesting to see the results of the database I created for the 718 GT4/Spyder forum so I thought I would do the same for the 992 GT3/GT2 forum. Here are those links if you're interested. 718 GT4/Spyder non-PTS database and 718 GT4/Spyder PTS database
This time, I'm combining the PTS and non-PTS database into one vs separating them as I did in the 718 GT4/Spyder forum.

If you want to update the data, please let me know. If I missed your car or build, please let me know. As I mentioned, I combed through many threads and posts but didn't go through all of them and what is on the spreadsheet is either from people actually describing their build or information I gathered from their pictures so if something is wrong or missing, please let me know and I'll update.

Here is the link:GT3/GT2 (variants) PTS and non-PTS database

Here is the data I'm collecting. Feel free to post your information here and I'll update or send me a PM. Please understand that I'm not allowing editing access to the database because I did that for the PTS database I created for the GT4/Spyder and the data got deleted by someone. You can still access to view the database, just no editing. I've sorted the data first by color, then by model, and then by name from A to Z order.

1. screen name
2. GT3/Touring
3. color
4. color code

5. interior stitching/color
6. PCCB/standard brakes
7. caliper color
8. wheel color
9. LWBS/18/4 way seats
10. 6MT/PDK
11. allocation month
12. production month
13. delivery month
14. Euro/PECLA/PECATL
15. V code

16. CXX options
17. build code
18. social media
19. link to pictures
20. link to pictures
21. link to pictures
you forgot blood type…
Old 07-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

1. Yippiekiaye
2. GT3
3. Signal Yellow
4. No clue

5. Black with Speed Yellow Contrast Stitching
6. PCCB
7. Black Calipers
8. Black
9. 18 ways
10. 6MT
11. November I think- its a moving target
12. Not sure
13. Not sure
14. regular delivery
15. Not sure

16. Trying to get them but no one seems to have a clue as to what is possible and how much it costs so probably none
17. Not sure as spec has changed multiple times from Touring, to Winged and now Winged PTS - have to dig up final build code
18. social media- none
19. link to pictures - none
20. link to pictures
21. link to pictures
motorwerksgroup (08-10-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 10:51 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Love this, some more details about my build: Black PCCB, Creme White wheels, LWBS, 6MT. Will add CXX later when it gets approved.
The following 2 users liked this post by skafia:
Alpenwood (07-05-2021), halfmonkey (08-11-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 12:08 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Thanks for the suggestion. I created two separate databases in the 718 GT4/Spyder forum and it just started as a curiosity for myself and then turned into a "task." I actually don't mind doing it again because it's really nice to see people's build. I see the benefit of doing it your way but most of the data entry from my two other spreadsheets is actually from me reading threads and collecting data as I read about someone's build. In reality, it was only a small percentage that provided me the build data.

I decided to just combine PTS and non-PTS this time around for the 992 GT cars. Once people start taking delivery, I think the database will have more entries.
OK, no problem. Good luck with the list!
halfmonkey (08-11-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 11:34 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
Love this, some more details about my build: Black PCCB, Creme White wheels, LWBS, 6MT. Will add CXX later when it gets approved.
Thanks for sharing. I've updated the list. Are the creme white wheels Exclusive options or CXX options?
OK, no problem. Good luck with the list!
Thanks. I think I'm going to need it.
montoya (07-06-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 11:36 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
you forgot blood type…
I have that already.
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
1. Yippiekiaye
2. GT3
3. Signal Yellow
4. No clue

5. Black with Speed Yellow Contrast Stitching
6. PCCB
7. Black Calipers
8. Black
9. 18 ways
10. 6MT
11. November I think- its a moving target
12. Not sure
13. Not sure
14. regular delivery
15. Not sure

16. Trying to get them but no one seems to have a clue as to what is possible and how much it costs so probably none
17. Not sure as spec has changed multiple times from Touring, to Winged and now Winged PTS - have to dig up final build code
18. social media- none
19. link to pictures - none
20. link to pictures
21. link to pictures
Thanks for sharing. I've updated the list. Let me know when you get your estimated delivery date and I'll add that too.

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a 992 GT3/GT2 (variants) PTS and non-PTS on order