Sponsored by:

Reallocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 10:07 PM
Neuro
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Reallocation

I have a close friend who has a guaranteed allocation that he is willing to transfer to me. Can he just transfer his spec to me or does he have to buy the car and then sell to me. Not sure how this would works. I know people sell their spots but this is not the case. Thank you.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:44 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there sales tax in your state? It would be best for you to pay the dealer to build a relationship with them.

Last edited by silverrules; 04-02-2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:15 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Neuro
I have a close friend who has a guaranteed allocation that he is willing to transfer to me. Can he just transfer his spec to me or does he have to buy the car and then sell to me. Not sure how this would works. I know people sell their spots but this is not the case. Thank you.
This can get tricky.

If your Friend has a very good relation with his Dealer and he can just introduce you to them and they are willing to give you his allocation than that is a Grand Slam.

Now- if he is going to build it and buy it then sell it to you I am assuming there will be tax implications. I am sure you will need to cover his taxes and then depending on your State the taxes again on your purchase.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Neuro
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

There is sales tax. Can the dealers just transfer the allocation spot to a friend of a customer or are they obligated to go down the list. I guess that is my main question. What happens in these situations where people sell their spot in line?
Old 04-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Neuro
There is sales tax. Can the dealers just transfer the allocation spot to a friend of a customer or are they obligated to go down the list. I guess that is my main question. What happens in these situations where people sell their spot in line?
Comes down to relationship and Dealer.-they both play a part in this scenario.

List???? Funny- some have lists but they rarely follow a list despite claiming this BS

Glad I have no skin in this game. The 992 will be fun to watch and hear all the crap surrounding this.

I love the "GT" experience and the cars are great values but it is still a another car. There are other great cars out there. I get the 'Manual" thing and agree that a 500 hp-9000 rpm / NA/ Manual tranny is close to a rarity but after a year or two it is like every other shiny new toy.

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 04-03-2021 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RUF RS (04-03-2021)

Quick Reply: Reallocation