Sponsored by:

The 992 GT3 Stripes & Vinyl Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 02:18 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts
Lightbulb The 992 GT3 Stripes & Vinyl Thread

As with the 991, I'm sure the level of personalization with the 992 GT3 will be very high both from the factory and the aftermarket, with Porsche now even offering factory installed stripes for the GT3.

You may remember us as NS2 Media from the 991 GT3 forum; we enjoyed working with a bunch of you guys speccing cars and collaborating on stripe/vinyl ideas for much of the 991 generation. This year we have rebranded as Carrara Design and are focusing on specs/designs primarily for newer Porsches. We are super excited for this new GT3 and future 992 GT cars A new chassis means new design and personalization potential.

I think the car looks phenomenal as is, but couldn't help but to play around with a few stripe ideas for some unique spec ideas right off the bat:

With deliveries still a few months out it will be a bit until we start seeing what people do vinyl wise to personalize their GT3's, but for now we can play around in Photoshop and start imaging what sort of combinations will work best for the new GT3.

How will/would you spec yours?

Last edited by Carrara Design; 04-16-2021 at 02:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
motorwerksgroup (02-17-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 02:54 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I like them all. I am a fan.
The following users liked this post:
evanescent03 (02-18-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 03:22 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,088 Likes on 585 Posts

My only problem with this car is it looks amazing with so many different color/stipe combinations.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:47 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Wouldn’t the stripes be a problem if you’re planning PPF for the whole car? I suppose you can apply them on top of PPF?
Old 02-17-2021, 02:14 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Love the stripes. Can’t wait. I’m a big fan of them!
Old 02-17-2021, 03:22 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Carrara design like in the Italian marble quarry ?

Old 02-17-2021, 03:28 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrara Design
As with the 991, I'm sure the level of personalization with the 992 GT3 will be very high both from the factory and the aftermarket, with Porsche now even offering factory installed stripes for the GT3.

You may remember us as NS2 Media from the 991 GT3 forum; we enjoyed working with a bunch of you guys speccing cars and collaborating on stripe/vinyl ideas for much of the 991 generation. This year we have rebranded as Carrara Design and are focusing on specs/designs primarily for newer Porsches. We are super excited for this new GT3 and future 992 GT cars A new chassis means new design and personalization potential.

I think the car looks phenomenal as is, but couldn't help but to play around with a few stripe ideas for some unique spec ideas right off the bat:

With deliveries still a few months out it will be a bit until we start seeing what people do vinyl wise to personalize their GT3's, but for now we can play around in Photoshop and start imaging what sort of combinations will work best for the new GT3.

How will/would you spec yours?
So what exactly do you guys do as a service and what do you be charge? Curious more than anything and really enjoyed your renderings.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:35 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
Wouldn’t the stripes be a problem if you’re planning PPF for the whole car? I suppose you can apply them on top of PPF?
Yep, stripes are best typically applied on top of PPF and before ceramic coating.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Carrara design like in the Italian marble quarry ?

Well that is the original root of the word I suppose!

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
So what exactly do you guys do as a service and what do you be charge? Curious more than anything and really enjoyed your renderings.
Basically we are an "aftermarket" Porsche configurator; we can help render PTS, LTS, and CXX options in addition to a custom stripe design if desired (which can then be cut and delivered to your installer) to help create a cohesive spec visualized virtually first. We can also do vector artwork for the personalized door sill option Porsche offers, livery designs (where we send the print files to your installer), and general automotive graphic design type stuff, but generally our specialty is Porsche GT cars.

Cost is very project-dependent as some projects may just be changing the wheels and exterior color, some may include 50 iterations of painted headlight washer nozzles to see how they match one of 7 different deviated stitching options.

Quick Reply: The 992 GT3 Stripes & Vinyl Thread