Sponsored by:

How to keep Bluetooth as selected source

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM
ejlif
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to keep Bluetooth as selected source

I am not able to figure this out by reading the manual so maybe someone on here might know. Each time I get into the car the stereo reverts to FM radio, so each time I have to wait about 20 or so seconds for the bluetooth to connect from my phone then select it as the input and then I can play music from my phone. Is there a way to make it permanently so that you don't have to go and select Bluetooth every time? I have the Bose Stereo system.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:04 PM
ejlif
Track Day

bump. Anyone?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:38 PM
alainpp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same complaint and to be honest this is not the main problem with the Bluetooth audio. In order to be able to stream audio through the Bluetooth, you must open the music app first on your phone, if not, the Bluetooth option may not even show up on your car.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:45 PM
ejlif
Track Day

With my iPhone 7 when I start the car it reverts to FM stereo then after about 10 seconds I can select Bluetooth Audio, then at that point it will pick up where I left off playing and start playing automatically. So if I'm using the TIDAL app for music it will automatically start playing the song I left off on once I select bluetooth. My main complaint is just having to switch back from FM stereo every time I start the car.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:07 PM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

With Tidal I use a wired connection, I think bluetooth gives a quality loss.

But the same problem with wired. If the car is restarted after a few minutes, settings seem to be restored, but not overnight.

I would like to see PCM, AC/fan, and all button setting (Sport, PSM, etc) restored always. If PCM and/or fan was off, leave them off, if PCM dimmed, leave it dimmed, etc.

Last edited by asia; 07-25-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 AM
ejlif
Track Day

Originally Posted by asia
With Tidal I use a wired connection, I think bluetooth gives a quality loss.

But the same problem with wired. If the car is restarted after a few minutes, settings seem to be restored, but not overnight.

I would like to see PCM, AC/fan, and all button setting (Sport, PSM, etc) restored always. If PCM and/or fan was off, leave them off, if PCM dimmed, leave it dimmed, etc.
Yes I might just have to go to the wired connection. The Bose stereo system sounds so bad to me that I didn't care about a loss of quality via bluetooth but in general yes I do agree with you that wired connection is much nicer than bluetooth as far as the sound goes.

Quick Reply: How to keep Bluetooth as selected source