Sponsored by:

Tire wheel warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire wheel warranty?

Hi all. I almost always take the tire/wheel warranty for BMW’s with runflats but didn’t take it for my wife’s prior 911 or mine. The porsche branded warranty is about $1470 for 3 years butnhas a $50 deductible per, I think. I’m offered a “first mile” branded (i think that’s the name) from another local porsche dealer which I’ve bought before but never used. $879 for tires, $399 for wheels. Wheel protection is ANY DAMAGE from any cause, they will refinish them.

Question is how suspectible are these oem porsche tires (pirelli) to nail, flats etc? Maybe we’ve been lucky- no prior wheel or tire damage with the Pcars. The new N1 for 2027 also have an extended rubber piece protruding around the rim for a little extra protection.

UPDATE: dealer just let me know that Porsche doesn’t allow tires to be repaired and therefore even a small nail in middle of tread will have tire replaced. Might be worth it?

Thanks and let let me know.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:13 PM
droidfan
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@wassy, I would just recommend to get the "tire certificate" from America's Tire. This is a pretty good deal and I am doing it on all my cars. Does not matter where your tires are coming from ;-)

Roughly $50 per tire.

They will try to repair or if not possible give you a brand new tire. Their 911 tires are cheap too and their service is awesome.

I would not sweat for what Porsche is saying. If you have a lease, then your tires need to be kinda in good shape and not punctured when you only return the car. If you dont have a lease then it is even easier: do whatever you want and repair them if possible for small punctures. Of course, if you track your car, then your tires need to be top-notch.

Enjoy,

====

"CERTIFICATE FOR REPAIR, REFUND OR REPLACEMENT

For a fee collected at the time of the original tire purchase or for a fee collected to subject other tires to the terms of this certificate, America’s Tire stores will refund the purchase price and the sales tax, if any, on any tire covered in the event of a failure due to workmanship and materials or a non-repairable road hazard for the service of the original tread down to 3/32 inch remaining, or 3 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. Upon refund or credit of sales tax, customer hereby acknowledges by actual signature or electronic signature capture such credit or refund. This additional acknowledgement satisfies a technical requirement in the sales tax statutes and/or regulations for many jurisdictions that a signed receipt must be obtained upon the refund or credit of sales taxes. At the election of the purchaser, we will sell a replacement tire to the purchaser at the original price paid for the damaged tire, plus the required sales tax. In the event the covered tire is discontinued or unavailable, a tire of similar value will be substituted.
If in our opinion, the tire can be safely repaired, we will do so free of charge. The cost of this certificate is set forth on the receipt issued for the purchase of tire(s).
This certificate will be honored at any America’s Tire stores. This certificate does not cover damage caused by collision, vandalism, chain damage, mechanical defects of the vehicle or willful abuse. No other property damage or consequential damage of any kind is covered by this certificate.
There will be additional charges to purchase a new certificate for a replacement tire and to balance a replacement tire.

By redeeming this certificate, the customer relinquishes the right to any manufacturer’s warranty that may apply, and America’s Tire may claim for its own benefit any such manufacturer’s warranty."
Old 07-08-2017, 02:25 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by droidfan
@wassy, I would just recommend to get the "tire certificate" from America's Tire. This is a pretty good deal and I am doing it on all my cars. Does not matter where your tires are coming from ;-)

Roughly $50 per tire.

They will try to repair or if not possible give you a brand new tire. Their 911 tires are cheap too and their service is awesome.

Enjoy,

====

"CERTIFICATE FOR REPAIR, REFUND OR REPLACEMENT

For a fee collected at the time of the original tire purchase or for a fee collected to subject other tires to the terms of this certificate, America’s Tire stores will refund the purchase price and the sales tax, if any, on any tire covered in the event of a failure due to workmanship and materials or a non-repairable road hazard for the service of the original tread down to 3/32 inch remaining, or 3 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. Upon refund or credit of sales tax, customer hereby acknowledges by actual signature or electronic signature capture such credit or refund. This additional acknowledgement satisfies a technical requirement in the sales tax statutes and/or regulations for many jurisdictions that a signed receipt must be obtained upon the refund or credit of sales taxes. At the election of the purchaser, we will sell a replacement tire to the purchaser at the original price paid for the damaged tire, plus the required sales tax. In the event the covered tire is discontinued or unavailable, a tire of similar value will be substituted.
If in our opinion, the tire can be safely repaired, we will do so free of charge. The cost of this certificate is set forth on the receipt issued for the purchase of tire(s).
This certificate will be honored at any America’s Tire stores. This certificate does not cover damage caused by collision, vandalism, chain damage, mechanical defects of the vehicle or willful abuse. No other property damage or consequential damage of any kind is covered by this certificate.
There will be additional charges to purchase a new certificate for a replacement tire and to balance a replacement tire.

By redeeming this certificate, the customer relinquishes the right to any manufacturer’s warranty that may apply, and America’s Tire may claim for its own benefit any such manufacturer’s warranty."
We don’t have an America’s tire near us. Plus they repair where Porsche doesn’t allow repair. Rather get new tires. Might be worth it.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:39 PM
droidfan
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As I said previously, it depends mostly if you lease the car or not and for a lease you can even just return the car with no puncture tires...
Old 07-08-2017, 03:27 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Thx
Old 07-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the Porsche Tire and Wheel on both my current 911 and my previous 911. The rear tires on these things are like nail magnets. My previous 911 I had for a year and I replaced 3 rear tires. one on the right and two on the left. Never charged me a penny. It was well worth it.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:00 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I have an amg GT S, two nails in 15 months, should've bought the tire package in hindsight.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 50 Posts

Agree that our tires are nail and screw magnets. I purchased tire protection ($1,100) when I bought my car and it has paid for itself in 4 years.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:29 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Ok. Settle. Getting tire and wheel warranty. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Tire wheel warranty?