Sponsored by:

New to forum, opinion on this GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 05:40 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I would recommend not adding the lift. The GTS cab is not that low.
Personally, I would keep the rear deck lid slats black. One of the defining characteristics of the GTS model is the black contrast pieces of the car.
+1 on this unless the $ don't bother you. My salesman advised against the lift and so far he's been proven right with my GTS.

And I've seen this red in person, it's a true, deep red. I love it.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:14 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

Go with xenon headlights. You won't care what you have after you get the car. It's a forgettable upgrade. I searched for my perfect GTS that had LEDs and couldn't find any. Went with xenon now I'm glad I didn't pay the xtra $$. Remove all the painted interior. Too much red and keep the seat belts in red. Don't paint the rear grille. The black grille will look great with the black roof, badge and wheels.

Go with 18 ways to be safe or get to the dealer and test out both options.

Will the seats have red leather in the middle like the picture or black all around like the configuration online? If it's red that's more reason to not do painted console etc. besides if you want to sell the car down the road you will narrow the number of buyers and won't recoup the costs.

Awesome car. Love my GTS Cab. Will keep it for a very long time.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Carmine Red is a very nice choice, but I'd be hesitant using Bordeaux elements in the interior; think it would clash. When I was in your position about a year ago, building my Turbo, I considered the lift, as the entry to my driveway resembles a curb. Spoke to some of my neighbors who have 911's, and no one had an issue, so I skipped that option -- no problems to date. I do approach my driveway at 45 degrees, and ensure the front rubber spoiler is retracted.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

Left it out, but I agree you could skip the interior painted bits. The carbon fiber or brushed aluminium look better, IMHO. Racing Yellow is the only color of the painted interior bits that looks great to me.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Too much red. Do something else inside. Black is hot with top down. Espresso cognac interior. Did you get ventilated seats?

Stick with the Carrera S rims. In black, the effect of the Turbo S wheels are lost plus they're a PIA to clean.

Get the cab 4. Big hips = big +

Nice color.

Last edited by fuddman; 07-03-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:41 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 553 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Too much red. Do something else inside. Black is hot with top down. Espresso cognac interior. Did you get ventilated seats?

Stick with the Carrera S rims. In black, the effect of the Turbo S wheels are lost plus they're a PIA to clean.

Get the cab 4. Big hips = big +

Nice color.
All GTS have the "big hips" and Turbo centre locks are "free."
Old 07-04-2017, 03:02 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KenTO
All GTS have the "big hips" and Turbo centre locks are "free."
OOOPS
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2017, 03:05 PM
yocubed
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I think I'd have to go with the lift unfortunately. My driveway goes from the first level down to the basement garage and I'm not really able to hit it at enough of an angle to get down without scraping unless the GTS is no lower than my M3 is now.
I appreciate the feedback on the painted interior, I think maybe carbon fiber is the way to go. I do still really want black interior and thought the red would help tie in the outside a little bit but I guess I have to see carmine/bordeaux in person to truly see the difference in tones. Here's another option with a beige/black interior that to me echoes the classic Ferrari interiors. How about this?

Old 07-04-2017, 04:36 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Too much going on there for me. I think Porsches look the best when they do classic color combos but done fully/well. I'd go all black or stick with the black and red. BUTTTT that's me!
Old 07-04-2017, 06:09 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yocubed
I think I'd have to go with the lift...... My driveway .....
I can relate.

So wish I'd have sprung for the lift. Now I have to cringe every time I back out of my garage at an angle, waiting for that gentle, but, inevitable, scrape. Every driveway is a thrill, actually.

Interior is better, IMO.

Last edited by fuddman; 07-04-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 07-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Fred V
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would strongly advise on painting your side skirts, they look cheap in my opinion when they're standard flat black, and they make the car look lower when painted. It's a no brainer.

As far as your interior goes, if the ventilated seats aren't a must for you, the standard GTS interior in alcantara with the red stitching looks amazing, especially with a carmine red paint
Old 07-05-2017, 12:08 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

The Red folks would look great in that GTS too.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:36 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred V
I would strongly advise on painting your side skirts, they look cheap in my opinion when they're standard flat black, and they make the car look lower when painted. It's a no brainer.

As far as your interior goes, if the ventilated seats aren't a must for you, the standard GTS interior in alcantara with the red stitching looks amazing, especially with a carmine red paint
I actually don't think it's a "no brainer". The GTS has many contrasting black pieces and I think the black side skirts complement the GTS well. I've had a few cars with and without the painted side skirts. On less "sporty" Porsches they look great painted. However, I would strongly consider putting paint protection film on the side skirts if you paint them. They get pretty pitted and chipped. You don't have to worry about this with the black side skirt. If it was me I would stay black on a GTS, GT3 and RS.

As for the interior, I agree that the GTS alcantara interior goes best with a carmine red exterior. I would not do any Bordeaux red on a Carmine red exterior.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:23 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
You have good taste. Pic looks like 18 ways but 14 ways listed. Have you tried sitting in 14 and 18 ways? If not do so. Lots of discussion on this forum about this topic. I had 14 ways in my .1 c2s and did not like them.
I on the other hand, I do not like the 18 way seats. You have to climb in and out of them which is great if you use your car mainly for tracking. Daily driving highly recommend 14 ways. Much better and have that classic 911 look which for your car is also better given cabrio
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Awesome spec. Since you are asking for input try this but you cannot really do wrong here - such a personal process. I simplified and softened the car up a bit. I think the turbo wheels are super but perhaps on a cabrio this looks nice. The only way to see the interior detail on deviated stitching I spec'd is to view the car 360 3D.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJZ3UD36

Quick Reply: New to forum, opinion on this GTS build