Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 431 Likes on 235 Posts
Talking White Knight!! 991.2 C2S with TechArt and BBS goods!! TAG Motorsports

Another 991.2 has emerged from the TAG workshop. We sat down with our client and addressed this particular project with a clean, simple approach using some classic brands.

First we addressed styling with some key TechArt components. TechArt Front lip spoiler, side skirt set, rear diffusor for the PSE, and Type II rear spoiler were added to give this Porsche a little more assertiveness in the aero department.

To finish off the looks, and address the footprint the C2s was fitted with BBS CH-R wheels in 20x8.5 x 20x11.5 form. We made sure to wrap them in Pirelli Pzero Tires so our client would have the upmost confidence on the street.

We like how this 991.2 came out, and we are happy to share it with the Rennlist family.

2017 991.2 C2s

-TechArt Front Lip Spoiler
-TechArt Side Skirt Set
-TechArt Rear Diffusor
-TechArt Type II Rear Spoiler
-20x8.5 & 20x11.5 BBS CH-R Wheels
-245/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli PZero Tires

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 06-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Very nice! and I cant get enough of that TA Type II rear wing. Gotta get myself one here soon.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:32 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Code
Very nice! and I cant get enough of that TA Type II rear wing. Gotta get myself one here soon.
It really does look cool!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

TechArt makes the best aftermarket wings....IMO car doesn't look right without a wing.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 PM
PJA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wing honestly looks way better than the 991.1 type 2 wing.

Any idea if it would retrofit to a 991.1?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:56 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 126 Posts

Love the color and style of the BBS selection. It gives you the same feel as the OEM CLs on the last GTS, but with 14 spokes instead of the 20 on the CLs. Big difference in the cleaning department!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:09 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PJA
That wing honestly looks way better than the 991.1 type 2 wing.

Any idea if it would retrofit to a 991.1?
Unfortunately it wont retrofit to the .1

The reason it is like this is because the air intake duct is functional and it wont work with the .1 style.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:14 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Absolutely love it! I am getting a white 991.2 in two weeks and really wanted the aerokit but it is not offered on the 991.2 from PAG. Couple questions and a comment:

Questions:
1. How much does it cost for just the rear wing installed?
2. Did your organization do any analysis on the impact of airflow to the turbo engine as a result of adding the rear wing? My understanding is that insufficient air flow is the reason why the aerokit is not offered on the 991.2.
3. Does this install of the rear wing include removing the button on the center console for the spoiler up/down position?

Comment:
1. The model designation was obviously removed and the Porsche emblem left uncentered. This looks tacky.

I love the look of the car overall. Fantastic.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

+1 on the spoiler. Can we get mote info in terms of functionally? It looks like a nice ramair type intake. Any pictures underneath to see the venting setup?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:24 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by subshooter
Absolutely love it! I am getting a white 991.2 in two weeks and really wanted the aerokit but it is not offered on the 991.2 from PAG. Couple questions and a comment:

Questions:
1. How much does it cost for just the rear wing installed?
2. Did your organization do any analysis on the impact of airflow to the turbo engine as a result of adding the rear wing? My understanding is that insufficient air flow is the reason why the aerokit is not offered on the 991.2.
3. Does this install of the rear wing include removing the button on the center console for the spoiler up/down position?

Comment:
1. The model designation was obviously removed and the Porsche emblem left uncentered. This looks tacky.

I love the look of the car overall. Fantastic.
To answer your questions

1) The rear wing can be found on our web site by clicking THIS LINK. Installation of the spoiler is done in about 4 hours or so. Once that is completed, we then go through the PWIS system and let the vehicle know that the car is fitted without an active spoiler. That way you dont have any lights on the dash.

2) Regarding the air flow - what ends up happening is that the new intake has air ducts that go right into the airbox and the engine bay offering sufficient air flow. You can see that in this photo below.

3) The button is just disabled. It is physically there however it is not functional

Regarding your comment about the PORSCHE emblem - that was something that was not touched and came from the factory that way. The badge is not removed as this was a car spec'd with the deletion of Model Designation. That being said - with a straight on rear view, it is perfectly center.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions! We're here to help further in any way possible.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Paulnet
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TechArt Type II Rear Spoiler is sick... I'd been looking at it for a while
I wonder why it isn't suitable for 991.2 GTS, according to your website...
Also if I just install the spoiler, how does that affect the aerodynamic for the car?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paulnet
TechArt Type II Rear Spoiler is sick... I'd been looking at it for a while
I wonder why it isn't suitable for 991.2 GTS, according to your website...
Also if I just install the spoiler, how does that affect the aerodynamic for the car?
Our apologies - it is available for the GTS - we have updated it

Regarding the aerodynamics - it is recommended to add a front spoiler (if you dont have sport design) but being that you do have sport design on the GTS, it works with the aero according to TechArt.

Quick Reply: White Knight!! 991.2 C2S with TechArt and BBS goods!! TAG Motorsports