Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister Exhaust Review for 991 3.4L

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 AM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Any weight saving? Why the Fister exhaust in pic looks rusty? So this replaced the 2 side muffler and retained the center muffler?
Old 07-27-2021, 07:13 PM
tazmwl
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fister Install on 991.1 3.4L Base

I recently replaced my side mufflers with Fister mufflers from FD Motorsports. There was aa 6 week wait but easy install, except for moving the damping pieces and installing retaining bar from the original mufflers to the Fister. The damping pieces look like steel wool donuts, the difficult part for me was getting the retaining rod pushed thru the damping pieces. 2 mounts per muffler and one of the 4 kicked my ***. Fister mufflers were the only aftermarket exhaust that allowed me to retain the base model exhaust tips and didn't require some type of vacuum valve retrofit. Fister is not an aggressive sounding exhaust, deeper and more authoritative then stock, but not intrusive and no drone at highway speed.

Fister on the left, stock on the right

damping pieces and retaining rod being moved over

had trouble on one of the mufflers getting the retaining rod pressed through the damping pieces

some individuals replace the side mufflers without removing the bumper or the wheels, for me it was much better to remove both for ease of access

removing retaining pin and damping pieces from original muffler to put on the Fister muffler

Last edited by tazmwl; 07-27-2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: additional pictures
Old 07-27-2021, 07:58 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Very nice. Gopd job.
I just added a set of small resonators to my system.
So I now have AWE x-pipe with small resonators and fister mufflers.
Althought it took down the overall volume a touch, it did take out allot of raspiness. So I'm happy overall.

Quick Reply: Fister Exhaust Review for 991 3.4L