Sponsored by:

SAT Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 PM
dds007
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default SAT Radio Issues

I have a 991.1 TT with the crappy bose system and have issues with the SAT radio intermittently going out on me pretty frequently. It will play something and then cut out to white noise for a few seconds every so often.

I have brought it to Porsche once and they claimed to have done an antennae replacement. That did not solve the issue, so I'm wondering if it is common with the rest of you? Or if anyone knows what the true fix is?

Background:
> Live in Houston, where yeah, its cloudy some of the time but it also happens on sunny days.
> I'm not typically around tall buildings or covered areas. This happens on highways/interstates.
> Have had no issues in any of my other cars on the same drives.
> FM frequency is fine, its just the Satellite radio that has issues.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Only time mine cuts out is when I'm under heavy tree canopies.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by dds007
I have a 991.1 TT with the crappy bose system and have issues with the SAT radio intermittently going out on me pretty frequently. It will play something and then cut out to white noise for a few seconds every so often.

I have brought it to Porsche once and they claimed to have done an antennae replacement. That did not solve the issue, so I'm wondering if it is common with the rest of you? Or if anyone knows what the true fix is?

Background:
> Live in Houston, where yeah, its cloudy some of the time but it also happens on sunny days.
> I'm not typically around tall buildings or covered areas. This happens on highways/interstates.
> Have had no issues in any of my other cars on the same drives.
> FM frequency is fine, its just the Satellite radio that has issues.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Does it happen in the same spots. Mine goes out but if its in the same spots then you are losing the signal because the signal is being blocked over head. If it happens randomly then u may have a problem with radio or antenna etc...
Old 06-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Guzzgreg
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Mine goes out in the same three spots every day for about a second or 2 right by tall buildings on my way to work. Also if it rains heavy for some reason under tree canopies. It is only usually a few seconds and it comes right back. If it's going out for longer than that sounds like a problem with the radio.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 AM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Loss of signal (blockage by buildings or trees etc) in my experience causes silence until the car is moved away from whatever is blocking the signal.
The signal cutting out and being replaced by bursts of white noise probably indicates another problem. My guess is a replacement radio might be necessary.

Quick Reply: SAT Radio Issues