Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RWS in action

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017 | 12:02 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Default RWS in action

Took my C2S to dealer today after noticing stains on my garage floor. Long story short, no leaks but described as rust from rotors from driving in the rain and parking. Yes, I do drive in the rain!

While it was on the rack, the tech demonstrated the RWS and how it operates at low speed (under 50mph). It turns opposite from front wheels and at higher speeds turns in same direction.

You Tube Video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKM...ature=youtu.be
The following users liked this post:
OMTarga4S (04-14-2022)
Old 06-15-2017 | 12:25 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

That's pretty cool! Do you know if the rear wheels turn while the car is stationary and the front wheels are turned? I parked my Turbo S in my garage with the front wheels turned to test this and it looked like the rear wheels were still straight.
Old 06-15-2017 | 01:46 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

I may be wrong but I believe the car has to be in gear and moving for it to work.
Old 06-15-2017 | 04:56 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
That's pretty cool! Do you know if the rear wheels turn while the car is stationary and the front wheels are turned? I parked my Turbo S in my garage with the front wheels turned to test this and it looked like the rear wheels were still straight.
Originally Posted by AlBinVA
I may be wrong but I believe the car has to be in gear and moving for it to work.
While backing up last night, I had the wheel turned full lock. I noticed the back tire turned in my side mirror.

I watched it as I straightened wheel while stopped and observed it straighten.

I thought it was pretty neat, amazing technology.

I have aftermarket HRE wheels with a very aggressive stance (almost flush with side fenders), so if you don't see this from inside of car it could be due to wheels.
Old 06-15-2017 | 04:57 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Originally Posted by AlBinVA
While backing up last night, I had the wheel turned full lock. I noticed the back tire turned in my side mirror.

I watched it as I straightened wheel while stopped and observed it straighten.

I thought it was pretty neat, amazing technology.

I have aftermarket HRE wheels with a very aggressive stance (almost flush with side fenders), so if you don't see this from inside of car it could be due to wheels.
Old 06-16-2017 | 01:55 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

I love the rear wheel steering, I get a tiny little turning radius at low speed - and at high speed it seems as if the car can sort of slide sideways a little without needing to pivot (not drifting, but you know).

Here's a time where I had to either brake hard or change lanes... I chose to glance quickly to the left and then just dart sideways to avoid an SUV.

Old 06-16-2017 | 03:49 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Originally Posted by digits
I love the rear wheel steering, I get a tiny little turning radius at low speed - and at high speed it seems as if the car can sort of slide sideways a little without needing to pivot (not drifting, but you know).

Here's a time where I had to either brake hard or change lanes... I chose to glance quickly to the left and then just dart sideways to avoid an SUV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvy97STYPmc
****, that video was extrem

i almost **** my pants

Quick Reply: RWS in action