Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did PTS and it took right at 6 months, relax a little as it will be worth the time invested.

What color did you get is the big question?
Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

6 weeks at Emden is a long time, but not unheard of. There are people here who've experienced the same. Delays due to transit damage is typically in the US Port, not Emden.

I'd bet the car will be leaving within the next week or two. Once it does so, you should have it within 7-14 days (depending on where you live).

It can drive you crazy knowing that the car is just sitting there. It will come. Don't let the delay ruin the experience.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:03 AM
911sTO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My C2S was completed April 28 and probably on the boat that yours should have been...was tentatively due at dealer June 2 (original date was June 17). Still not here yet.... not sure if my pain helps...
Old 06-10-2017, 10:10 AM
SEG
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry the screen capture is blurry - V200 was 3/19/17

I appreciate the support - I called Porsche NA last night and they opened a case and said they would have an answer about the delay by Monday or Tuesday - I will keep everyone appraised. They indicated that cars with the same production date have already been delivered to customers so the delay didn't make sense.

911sTO - Your pain doesn't help but it is nice to know others are in the same "boat" as I am.

The color is Yachting Blue Metallic - I had black on my old car - I really liked YBM since I saw it on the Panamera. I wanted a blue this time, as it would be easier to keep clean and that didn't look like black (so Night Blue Metallic was out). Miami Blue just isn't my thing and as much as I wanted to get there on Graphite Blue, I had trouble in certain lighting circumstances.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:23 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Porsche Norwell?

I can't give any additional advice, unfortunately...
Old 06-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Stanley Park
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SEG
Has anyone seen this happen before?
My recent experience for new C4S that was delivered last month. Elapsed time from order date to delivery date was 8.5 months. Four weeks elapsed between entry/exit Port of Emden and four weeks entry/exit port on North America side.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:52 AM
richardohtx
AutoX

Hmmm I ordered my gts at end of February and got it 5/31 even with dealer holding it fir a weekend to put tint and Xpel on it. Dealer issues?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:33 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't want to cause you unnecessary grief, but I had a similar experience with my Panamera 6 years ago. It seemed to be "stuck" at the port in Germany forever. Finally the dealer reached out to see what was going on and the answer back was "the car was irreparably damaged during shipping and a new car would have to be built from new". They did expedite the build, but my delivery got pushed from April to August as a result.

Here's to hoping your story is a much better one!
Old 06-11-2017, 11:39 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
I don't want to cause you unnecessary grief, but I had a similar experience with my Panamera 6 years ago. It seemed to be "stuck" at the port in Germany forever. Finally the dealer reached out to see what was going on and the answer back was "the car was irreparably damaged during shipping and a new car would have to be built from new". They did expedite the build, but my delivery got pushed from April to August as a result.
That sucks, but I have to say that a rebuild is the resolution I'd want and expect.
Paintwork of any kind on a brand new vehicle would be unacceptable to me.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:54 AM
SEG
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have much to say other than ugh but the thought of some severe damage has crossed my mind. Otherwise it doesn't really make any sense. Porsche wants my money - there is no reason it wouldn't just get loaded on a boat in some kind of order based on production date. I can't imagine they want me sitting on my hands upset thinking about alternatives. As I said in a prior post, Porsche NA confirmed cars with later production dates have already been delivered so something out of the ordinary must be going on. Hopefully the fires I lit at the dealership and with Porsche NA will yield some answers in the next day or two.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
That sucks, but I have to say that a rebuild is the resolution I'd want and expect.
Paintwork of any kind on a brand new vehicle would be unacceptable to me.
Yeah, I never heard what happened to the first car, but I envisioned it having fallen off the truck or something! "Don't worry....that will buff right out."
Old 06-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

whats the update?
Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 AM
FifthGear
Instructor

Originally Posted by SEG
Hopefully someone can talk me off a ledge. Has anyone seen this happen before? Any recourse here? Should I just sit patiently and wait to pick the car up whenever they get around to delivering it? Any way to contact Porsche North America to get my own answers as to what has happened? Anyone have a manual Cayman I can borrow for a month or two?
I'm in the North-East as well and ordered at exactly the same time you did back in January. My car was scheduled to arrive late May, which was perfect, but only the Carrera 4 GTS models did, not the Carrera GTS models (apparently). I understand your frustration as I missed out on the biggest car week of the year when the F1 weekend came and went...

I pick her up tomorrow. Hang in there.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:30 AM
Curt Wohlgemuth
Advanced

Please have patience. The used McLaren will be nothing compared to the one-of-a-kind PTS GTS, configured exactly as you ordered. And please keep us updated.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:42 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SEG
I don't have much to say other than ugh but the thought of some severe damage has crossed my mind. Otherwise it doesn't really make any sense. Porsche wants my money - there is no reason it wouldn't just get loaded on a boat in some kind of order based on production date. I can't imagine they want me sitting on my hands upset thinking about alternatives. As I said in a prior post, Porsche NA confirmed cars with later production dates have already been delivered so something out of the ordinary must be going on. Hopefully the fires I lit at the dealership and with Porsche NA will yield some answers in the next day or two.
If It's any consolation to you...I'm going through the exact same process on my PTS GTS!

Instead of the port of eden the car shows that it has arrived at the port of san diego (now 17 days ago); My SA is a very stand up guy and has sent out some feelers to the port to see what is going on. Unfortunately no real response. I was initially told that this is due to a recall...but doesn't seem likely to me now as other GTS' are being delivered with no issues.

If you are like me, you are just as frustrated with the process and lack of transparency as you are not having a car. There is also a fine line between being persistent and "a pain" when interacting wit the dealership...which in some instances is just as frustrated as we are.

In any event.....i hope your issue gets resolved quickly.

Quick Reply: Delivery Issues