Sponsored by:

Bad Tires - Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:26 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts
Default Bad Tires - Vibration

I recently started driving on some Michelin Pilot Super Sports I bought last year and noticed I had a wheel vibration that was just annoying and it made the front end fell floaty.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I got a nail through the side wall of one of the rears and had that one replaced they also looked at the front tires and rebalanced them. Didn't fix the vibration....back again....looked at the tires more closely said they could not find any problems..... checked for balance and off I went..... still getting the hand massage.

So they finally replaced both fronts and wallah no more vibration.

I'm surprised I had this happen with MPSS but has anyone else had a set of bad tires that just needed to be replaced to get rid of the vibration without any oblivious defects?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:37 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Unfortunately I have had that happen before. Not on the 911. But on an Audi and another car I don't recall. Just worn unevenly and causing vibration. Expensive and frustrating. By the way, pardon the correction. But wallah is not a word. You mean voila.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:50 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
Unfortunately I have had that happen before. Not on the 911. But on an Audi and another car I don't recall. Just worn unevenly and causing vibration. Expensive and frustrating. By the way, pardon the correction. But wallah is not a word. You mean voila.
Wallah is actually a word but not one I was going after ... true I was going after "voila"

Quick Reply: Bad Tires - Vibration