Sponsored by:

House of Cards - 991 GTS Club Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
The producers of the show called PCA HQ looking for a late model 911 in dark blue. After we determined to what extent the car would be use. We started looking around to see who owned a late model 911. After a few minutes, we thought of the club coupe. Not dark blue but blue and with a cool story. We knew two owners that lived close by. One was in Europe, the other in town. So the guy in town was contacted and agreed right away. Turned out the owner was a big fan of House of Cards as well. They ended up shooting more scenes with the car than they thought they would originally. I know all of this because the club coupe owner was a friend of mine who showed me photos they allowed him to take and told me the story. I'm hoping PCA picks it up for an article in EBrake soon.
Very cool!!! Thanks for sharing this!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:11 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dmtsc
My VooDoo with Club Coupe.
all those bright , fun-blue cars in your showroom pic , kinda like my garage !
...btw , your pic shows the bit of " red " in the " Club Blau " ( the CC's unique one-off color ) paint formula vs Voodoo which shows as an interesting purplish blue in low angle evening sun !

this unedited shadowed pic best shows the 4-5 different hues Club Blau paint has in different light, the " red " adds a racy richness of depth and complexity not appreciated unless seen in person as you walk around between bright and dark side of car outside

Last edited by MKW; 06-06-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

love the voodoo that you do!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
The producers of the show called PCA HQ looking for a late model 911 in dark blue. After we determined to what extent the car would be use. We started looking around to see who owned a late model 911. After a few minutes, we thought of the club coupe. Not dark blue but blue and with a cool story. We knew two owners that lived close by. One was in Europe, the other in town. So the guy in town was contacted and agreed right away. Turned out the owner was a big fan of House of Cards as well. They ended up shooting more scenes with the car than they thought they would originally. I know all of this because the club coupe owner was a friend of mine who showed me photos they allowed him to take and told me the story. I'm hoping PCA picks it up for an article in EBrake soon.
This is why I love Porsche culture. Figured nobody would read this thread and here we are with the story behind how that car got in the show
What is "EBrake"?
****spoiler alert***
What kind of car was used in the last scene? Has 993 wheels but hard to tell if it's even a 911...

Last edited by Abe Froman; 06-06-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:59 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has commented on the crashed 996? Wheels gave it away.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by German_Saint
No one has commented on the crashed 996? Wheels gave it away.
That is the spoiler error any Porsche fan would notice. Not sure if it's even a 911...those looked like 993 Turbo wheels to me.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:49 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

adding to Manny Alban's explanation , the full story from today's PCA National newsletter :

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-06-06/...nd-house-cards
Old 06-06-2017, 09:56 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
love the voodoo that you do!
I love the VooDoo, looks great in person.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Finally got around to watching the episode in question.

The #1 thought it my mind wasn't "those are 996 wheels," it was "is it really plausible that a SUV manages to run a 991.1 GTS off the road?" Maybe if she was surprised, but there's no question she was aware something was going on, and she had a car that was dramatically superior in power, weight, and maneuverability.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad

The #1 thought it my mind wasn't "those are 996 wheels," it was "is it really plausible that a SUV manages to run a 991.1 GTS off the road?" Maybe if she was surprised, but there's no question she was aware something was going on, and she had a car that was dramatically superior in power, weight, and maneuverability.
there was a copy of that episode's script jammed under the accelerator...
Old 06-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Abe Froman
Pro

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad

That was my first thought...mainly because the scene with 996 wheels came later Yeah, no way in hell is an SUV catching a 991 GTS.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:31 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

I like Neve's character. Hope she 'survived' and comes back next season. I suspect she ended up like Zoe. Suppose it's a far more fitting ending going out in your Porsche than pushed in front of the Metro. LOL
Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 AM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

I just watched the last episode of this seasons house of cards, and I made the same comments to my wife that they punted a 996, you can tell by the wheels. Her comment was, "only you could tell something like that" I pointed her to a few Porsche articles related to the car to prove that I was not the only one to notice that.

Also there is no way in hell if Neve Campbell was getting chased down by some random SUV she wouldn't be able to ditch them in a GTS. One thing if she didn't realize they were coming, completely different in this case where she knew what was happening. Annoyed the writers presented it like that. At least if they hunted her down and she was driving a Ford Fiesta it would seem plausible. I know its not reality, its Hollywood etc. I guess to car people they would look at this scenario/scene, shake their head and think that a person who knows nothing about cars probably wrote it.

Also nice B7 S4 in Sprint Blue! I had a B6 in Nogaro and a B8 in Nogaro at one point in my life!
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 PM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

The wheels jumped out at me as well and I came across this thread doing some searching. I haven't re-watched the scene but I could have sworn the that door handle was the grab and pull style vs. the lift and pull that the 996 has.

Makes me think it wasn't a 996. Or possibly it was a 996 and someone had the attention to detail to swap out with a handle to match the newer cars... but if that were the case I doubt they'd have left the turbo twist wheels. I'm guessing it was a 997 and for some reason it had those wheels. I'd imagine it was a shell/roller or total loss and the previous owner swapped the wheels out because they had some value.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by daberlin
I like Neve's character. Hope she 'survived' and comes back next season. I suspect she ended up like Zoe. Suppose it's a far more fitting ending going out in your Porsche than pushed in front of the Metro. LOL
Is there going to be a "next season"? I was watching a segment on CNBC a couple weeks ago on Netflix stock and they said this was the last season for House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, and they were wondering what the impact might be to Netflix since both those shows were very popular. I still have a few episodes to watch, so I don't know how it ends this season, but just curious if it ends in a way that would allow for a new season in future.

Quick Reply: House of Cards - 991 GTS Club Coupe