Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Recall

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017 | 03:06 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Default Windshield Recall

Anyone held up by this? At Davisville waiting for a replacement of the windshield on GTS...
Old 05-23-2017 | 03:32 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Anyone held up by this? At Davisville waiting for a replacement of the windshield on GTS...
Not a GTS but I'll indulge myself if you permit.

The rubber seal at the top edge of my windshield and rear window started to break-down late last year on my 50th. I called PCNA and spoke with their rep and was informed they've had several complaints, but no recalls. I was advised to take it to my local dealer for inspection. The dealer replaced the windshield, rear window, rubber seals at no cost and a free loaner.
Old 05-23-2017 | 03:36 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Originally Posted by Sidvicious7
Not a GTS but I'll indulge myself if you permit.

The rubber seal at the top edge of my windshield and rear window started to break-down late last year on my 50th. I called PCNA and spoke with their rep and was informed they've had several complaints, but no recalls. I was advised to take it to my local dealer for inspection. The dealer replaced the windshield, rear window, rubber seals at no cost and a free loaner.
Ahh thanks. I found the recall. http://www.recallmasters.com/porsche...hield-bonding/
Old 05-23-2017 | 04:26 PM
caritch
Instructor

Was your car on Viking Bravery? My GTS was unloaded yesterday and released for transport today.

Last edited by caritch; 05-23-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2017 | 06:02 PM
bwiele
Pro

My Targa GTS was unloaded at Davisville last Monday and arrived at the dealer yesterday, so does not seem to have been held up by this.
Old 05-23-2017 | 07:14 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Originally Posted by caritch
Was your car on Viking Bravery? My GTS was unloaded yesterday and released for transport today.
Originally Posted by bwiele
My Targa GTS was unloaded at Davisville last Monday and arrived at the dealer yesterday, so does not seem to have been held up by this.
Interesting. I was on the Adriatic Highway and landed last Monday in davisville..

Quick Reply: Windshield Recall