Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on driving through ex-Soviet Block countries in a 911.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:51 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Give us the trip report driving through Wilmington. That would be the scariest part. Lol.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Dennis W
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going thru the Mont Blanc pass Chamonix on the French side is a beautiful small town to stay at. Hosted an Olympics at one time and there's a beautiful gondola ride to the mountain top.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:33 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis W
If you're going thru the Mont Blanc pass Chamonix on the French side is a beautiful small town to stay at. Hosted an Olympics at one time and there's a beautiful gondola ride to the mountain top.
Yep. Did that and the cable car ride to the top. (I finished my trip last July). We stayed at the Hotel Mont Blanc. The cable car was scary as hell but I am afraid of heights - It went nearly staright up a cliff wall to 12k feet. This was my wife's payback for scaring the hell out of her on the Transfagarasan highway.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Randall 991.2
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Heights

Originally Posted by subshooter
Yep. Did that and the cable car ride to the top. (I finished my trip last July). We stayed at the Hotel Mont Blanc. The cable car was scary as hell but I am afraid of heights - It went nearly staright up a cliff wall to 12k feet. This was my wife's payback for scaring the hell out of her on the Transfagarasan highway.
Unfortunately for me my anxiety regarding heights spills over into steep mountain passes, which obviously don't bother you. =) YouTube vlogger Sophia Calate is also afraid of heights, but like you she doesn't mind high mountain passes.

I'd give anything to not pucker on those beautiful drives!

r

Quick Reply: Advice on driving through ex-Soviet Block countries in a 911.