Buyer Beware- Porsche Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Buyer Beware- Porsche Exchange

Will update with resolution.

Last edited by Buteo; 05-17-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Will update with resoluation
Old 05-17-2017, 01:49 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I'd be hiring a lawyer today.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'd be hiring a lawyer today.
Have one that has already reviewed documents/messages.

I'm giving Porsche North America (The Exchange/Michael) the opportunity to do the right thing. If Porsche North America does not resolve then we proceed to the next step.

Last edited by Buteo; 05-17-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:58 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I always paint meter a used car.

However, if there's no body work done and only a re-spray of the bumper, I wouldn't be too stressed (but I would still be pissed).
Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle_sun

However, if there's no body work done and only a re-spray of the bumper, I wouldn't be too stressed (but I would still be pissed).
If you look at the first picture, it seems that there is more damage than a bumper respray, so I can see why the OP is upset.

I'm not sure the OP talking about it on an open forum is helpful though. After the dealer gets a letter from the OPs lawyer, they might decide it isn't worth the cost of a law suit and the bad publicity that comes with it and would just agree to buy the car back.

After they have been openly accused of fraud on a forum, I wonder what the dealership has left to lose (other than court costs) to let it play out.

I understand the OP's frustration though.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by seattle_sun

Body work was done (mud). There are multiple pieces of metal buckled. The sport design spoiler does not fit without proper repair and replacement at 3500 low estimate to much more for proper replacement and repair.

This was not a gentle bump or so in a driveway.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kayjh
If you look at the first picture, it seems that there is more damage than a bumper respray, so I can see why the OP is upset.

I'm not sure the OP talking about it on an open forum is helpful though. After the dealer gets a letter from the OPs lawyer, they might decide it isn't worth the cost of a law suit and the bad publicity that comes with it and would just agree to buy the car back.

After they have been openly accused of fraud on a forum, I wonder what the dealership has left to lose (other than court costs) to let it play out.

I understand the OP's frustration though.
Dealer stopped communicating with me after discussion of buy back and repair not being done.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:11 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Buteo - This sucks and I am sorry you are going through this, but I think with the evidence you have provided you should be made whole..eventually. Either by the seller, PCNA, or through your attorney.

If you haven't already I would put the car back to stock the way you got it... Maybe even get a signed statement from the shop that discovered the damage.

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

Was a carfax provided?

Wonder if the accident would show up.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Buteo - This sucks and I am sorry you are going through this, but I think with the evidence you have provided you should be made whole..eventually. Either by the seller, PCNA, or through your attorney.

If you haven't already I would put the car back to stock the way you got it... Maybe even get a signed statement from the shop that discovered the damage.

Good luck.
Thank you. Yes, so very frustrating. The Porsche Approved shop here in town is very meticulous. Pictures were taken of all panels when the car was brought in with time stamps ect. I only posted a few images from the shop here but have many many more showing damage that I am not posting at this time.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Was a carfax provided?

Wonder if the accident would show up.
Carfax was clear with no accidents reported.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 PM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

A car salesman lie? A total surprise. Man, car dealers are just such pieces of she-ite.

The salesman knew (or should have known) exactly what was going on with this car as did the used car manager (and his paint meter).

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope the problem is resolved to your satisfaction.

Eddie
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
erdrff
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an S5 from Audi Exchange about 9 years ago and was lied to as they said the car was never in an accident and no repairs were done to the car. They told me it was spotless and without flaw but only noticed they lied after having a mild fender bender myself years later and the shop telling me about more damage than could have occurred from my accident. I have never been to an Exchange dealership since then.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:06 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

I just called them to tell them I heard about this and I would be spreading the word. I can't stand a cheater, liar or stealer. These guys have done all 3. This is why you can't trust stealerships in general. There are ok folks out there but they are few.

Sorry my my friend good luck
Old 05-17-2017, 03:06 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's always possible that the selling dealer had no idea of the previous undisclosed damage and represented the car to the best of their ability.

OK, OK, stop laughing! It could happen. Remember when we thought we had nine planets in the solar system? Now we have eight. What's up with that?

Unfortunately, buying long distance (which I have done numerous times) has its risks. IMHO, only if the selling dealer said, in writing, that the car had no accident damage or repaint, does he have a case. You can see the qualification in the text message, when asked if it had paint work, "I don't think so" which seems to me, in hindsight, to be a big loophole.

This really sucks. I hope it all works out OK. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware- Porsche Exchange