Sponsored by:

Having second thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 09:24 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Having second thoughts.

So my 2017 C4S is sched to arrive in about a month. It's been a "lifelong dream" similar to what others have posted, so I'm eagerly looking forward to collection day. But at the same time, the more I read about some of the problems (on this site and others) owners have had, I'm beginning to worry. Not re major issues, like the engine or transmission, but niggling things like the foam around the gas tank, PCM, cracking/delamination of the headlight coating, rattles/ creaks, etc. One reason I chose the 911 over a Vette GS was because I don't want to hear rattling, creaks, and squeaks while I'm driving- I just want to hear the sound of that lovely vacuum cleaner behind me! I wouldn't worry if these were rare, isolated problems, but I keep seeing the phrase "this is a known issue with the 991" and that does not fill me with confidence. To be clear, I don't expect Lexus reliability with a 911, but the prospect of making the 4 hr round trip to my P dealer to get a screw tightened is dimming my enthusiasm. Any owners out there able to allay my concerns?

Quick Reply: Having second thoughts.