Sponsored by:

Car Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 02:36 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nevets49
I bought this covercraft and am very happy with quality, fit etc. Of course it will never see outside elements so may not be for your circumstance. Only downside is lint transferring from underside of cover to cab top. I fixed that with a $28 piece of fabric.
There is insufficient clutter in your garage!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Cover Craft on mine...... Recommended by a friend who stores cars for a living...... it fits perfect
Old 05-08-2017, 11:43 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Surprised about the Carnewal cover. Did you contact Gert? His covers fit like a glove.

I use the Porsche indoor cover for winter hibernation. Very paint safe. Tip- never cover a dirty car.
I've got the same cover and its perfect.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

We're resolving the issue .

Note that this concerns an outdoor cover.
Not an indoor.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:07 PM
997GT700
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is the downside to using an Outdoor cover, indoors? I have the Porsche Indoor Cover for my car, however I was thinking that I might purchase an outdoor cover for future road trips. My car currently is a garage queen (Never goes out unless the sun is shining). However, I plan to take her to the Treffen event in Asheville in September. If I have a new outdoor cover, is there any reason not to use it in the garage vs the indoor cover?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:27 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian E
I like the material better on the Coverking Satin Stretch. I think the material that contacts the paint feels softer. I also think the Coverking fits better. I have the Aerokit Cup option and the Coverking fits so much better than the the Porsche cover. Throw in the fact that you have color options for the Coverking and it was an easy decision for me.
Plus 1! I love my Coverking Satin Stretch! Excellent Fit.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

This cover by Porsche bought from Suncoast works for me. Lots of stuff like sap falling out of the trees at the mountain vacay home. It goes on and off easily and seems to stay on. Would probably tie down if high wind forecast. Seems somehow breathable in that the moisture does not stay trapped underneath. Scrunts up to take up only part of the frunk.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:02 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
This cover by Porsche bought from Suncoast works for me. Lots of stuff like sap falling out of the trees at the mountain vacay home. It goes on and off easily and seems to stay on. Would probably tie down if high wind forecast. Seems somehow breathable in that the moisture does not stay trapped underneath. Scrunts up to take up only part of the frunk.
In my humble opinion that cover is not well suited for your car. Not a good fit at all. A cover shouldn't be able to flap around in the wind! That just scuffs up your paint. I got the "official" Porsche cover for my 991 and it fits like a glove, almost too tight. Are you sure you got the right cover?
Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
In my humble opinion that cover is not well suited for your car. Not a good fit at all. A cover shouldn't be able to flap around in the wind! That just scuffs up your paint. I got the "official" Porsche cover for my 991 and it fits like a glove, almost too tight. Are you sure you got the right cover?
This is an official Porsche cover, does not flap in the wind and the car is full front PPF and two coats ceramic over entire car. From the feel and texture of the material I do not see how it would scratch paint anyway. Also not sure Porsche would put their name and reputation on material that would.

For unprotected paint I think I would be more concerned with using the typical grit filled wash mitt on your paint trying to get off what your cover caught instead.

Last edited by Gary JR; 05-30-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:58 AM
MeshGearFox
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 35 Posts

Got mine from the dealer when I bought the car. Indoor Porsche cover. Fits like a glove, soft like a microfiber on the inside, stretchy on the outside. Frankly, could've done with no (or a much smaller) logo. But otherwise IMHO completely worth it.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:35 PM
mrpatrick
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much did you pay for it and where?
Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 PM
mrpatrick
3rd Gear

anyone tried www.carcover.com ? im looking for a car cover for my 911 turbo s 2011
Old 09-17-2018, 08:06 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Dumb question concerning indoor covers. Other than looks, why would you want a cover that fits tightly? I would rather something that is loose and easy to take on and off with out having to stretch it over any part of the car. The tighter the fit the more likely you are to eventually scratch up those tight fitting areas. Just thought.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 AM
mrpatrick
3rd Gear

its not just tight or loose... its also the thickness that i think it is important.. those satin custom fit car covers offers no protection... probably just protect you again dust... what if a kid pass with his bike... or something in the garage fall on the car...

you should get a ticker car covers.. probably with cotton lining inside to really protect the car.. not just to fit nicely.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:59 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a 991 Premium Outdoor Car Cover F/S. New condition.

"Custom-fit outdoor vehicle cover made of water-repellent material with a colored Porsche Crest and „PORSCHE“ logo. Anti-theft protection included."

Porsche Part number: 991 044 000 01

Find on Porsche website: http://content2.us.porsche.com/…/t…/TeqFinder.nsf/TeqFinder…

I used it one time before installing a TechArt Wing II.

It fits all 911's without a wing, including GT3 Touring.

$225.00 includes shipping to USA 48.

Send message.

Quick Reply: Car Cover?