Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 2017 991.2 for $88k, giving RL/991 members first dibs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017 | 11:21 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by bmedude
I personally would've jumped on a car this color given the right options
It's a beautiful color - stunning in person.
Old 05-04-2017 | 11:24 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I agree. I know some people on here love it but I just can't understand why. I guess everyone's taste is different.
Porsche has been known since the beginning to offer some pretty flamboyant colors going way back to the early 356s, 911s, and 914s. And while today's conservative tastes have made black, silver, gray, and white the most common colors, there is always demand for such flamboyant colors, especially those that are nostalgic and exude classic Porsche style. Miami blue is certainly one of those and it does look amazing in person. There will always be demand for colors such as this. They are polarizing but those that love them are drawn to them.
Old 05-04-2017 | 12:08 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

I'm in!

I love bright colors on P cars (obviously), and this is a nice, basic build with good mods. Who knows where it will wind up, but I believe "Meister" STG is close to reality.
Old 05-04-2017 | 12:11 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Many of the unusual colors look much better in person
Old 05-04-2017 | 01:17 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cug
good deal if in cali, only 14k more.

at the time i searched cars/ebay/autotrader and there were 5 miami blues.. the cheapest 119.9 and most was 134.. bases and S.

Originally Posted by bmedude
I personally would've jumped on a car this color given the right options
the problem is the "right options" are different to everyone, i've ordered quite a few 911's and personally don't enjoy them any more with 30k in options on top... i've bought some severely optioned out used cars and order based on what i NEED now, a lot of people will say they "need" the 18 way seats but i personally adjust my seat once and dislike when someone (valet/dealer) fiddles with the buttons and i must spend another 15 mins getting it right. the 4 ways help deter random fiddling for me and fit most all passengers perfect.

Last edited by rijowysock; 05-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-04-2017 | 01:23 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by STG
$96,575.00 - 5% discount ($4,828.00) = $91,747.00 NEW.

Pick whatever color. Even Miami Blue. It's a standard offering. Nothing rare about it.

It's a stripper Base Carrera with almost zero options. Oh .... did you ever flash it??

Base stereo, 4 ways, and zero performance options. Go order a new one for $3,700.00 more the way you like it.

Didn't think Riley would ever buy a Carrera after he bashed them left and right after trying to sell a previous car here. Remember the white Carrera S?? Try and call him to negotiate and he'll go ballistic on you. Car also had some undisclosed cosmetic damage.

Thought it was Lambo or die Riley?? How did you stoop so low into Carrera territory again??

But as they say on RL, GLWS

if people want to special order and receive their car AFTER summer and pay a little extra to drive a 4 month newer car, that is fully their prerogative.. not sure about your dealer but finding a dealer WITH a soon allocation AND will give 5% off to still pay more is obviously a win/win in this situation.

vehicle WILL sell, obviously not to you but i appreciate your insight.... and encourage anyone with the same mindset to go order their own vehicle now to enjoy in the Fall. or buy this car for 14k more (goodluck on getting 5% off at Carlsen, 1-650-701-9200 )
https://carlsen.porschedealer.com/in...mi+Blue+977581

Last edited by rijowysock; 05-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2017 | 01:49 PM
verstraete
Rennlist Member

A similar new car ordered now for fall delivery would be a 2018 model with a full four-year warranty. Worth considerably more on trade or resale within any reasonable time frame, say less than four years.
cug
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
good deal if in cali, only 14k more.
Options cleaned it's probably about 6k more which you can likely haggle the dealer down to near your price, even in the crazy rich environment of the SF Bay Area.

The problem with a car like this, or like your car is, that the manual transmission limits the customer base to around 15 to 20% of possibles already, a "to taste color" even more so and with the very light option package it doesn't really make it easier.

I'm not criticizing your ask, if you don't ask, you'll never get, so ask however much you want. My initial post referred only to the 120k that I quoted.

Personally, I know that I would take a massive hit if I sold the car I special ordered for my own taste: a base model without any performance options, manual transmission, but with a very nice (and unfortunately expensive) array of comfort options.

Personally, I think asking for 8% below MSRP for a used car is bold, but that's up to the market to decide. I wish you good luck with the sale!
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I agree. I know some people on here love it but I just can't understand why. I guess everyone's taste is different.
Personally, I would never own another boring color Porsche like black, grey, silver, and white. Miami blue is beautiful in person, this photo was taken when I was invited to drive the new 991.2.

Old 05-04-2017 | 01:53 PM
cug
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ynot
Personally, I would never own another boring color Porsche like black, grey, silver, and white. Miami blue is beautiful in person, this photo was taken when I was invited to drive the new 991.2.
All a matter of taste. I find Miami blue one of the ugliest colors a car can have. But does my (or your) opinion on colors matter to anyone else? I certainly hope not.
Old 05-04-2017 | 01:55 PM
rellim
Advanced

Name:  IMG_2036.png
Views: 719
Size:  1.66 MB

I thin i been to that place
lots of low mileage cars show up there, some with only 99 miles on them
some buy them just to add to their collections for awhile, look at them
buy the newest and sell them, buy the newest and sell etc.

Last edited by rellim; 05-04-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2017 | 02:10 PM
rebelceb
Intermediate

I still don't see where the $15k down payment went, unless you were $10k upside down in your previous car.
Old 05-04-2017 | 02:19 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Originally Posted by STG
$96,575.00 - 5% discount ($4,828.00) = $91,747.00 NEW.

Pick whatever color. Even Miami Blue. It's a standard offering. Nothing rare about it.

It's a stripper Base Carrera with almost zero options. Oh .... did you ever flash it??

Base stereo, 4 ways, and zero performance options. Go order a new one for $3,700.00 more the way you like it.

Didn't think Riley would ever buy a Carrera after he bashed them left and right after trying to sell a previous car here. Remember the white Carrera S?? Try and call him to negotiate and he'll go ballistic on you. Car also had some undisclosed cosmetic damage.

Thought it was Lambo or die Riley?? How did you stoop so low into Carrera territory again??

But as they say on RL, GLWS
Savage!!

Wow! The only thing you left out was saying something bad about his momma! lol
Old 05-04-2017 | 02:22 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ynot

I'd tend to agree. I absolutely love that color and the wow factor. I know.. I know.. flamboyant colors should be reserved for GT cars. But who cares about rules when you spending six figures on a car. Get the car that YOU want, because YOU are the only person paying for it.
Old 05-04-2017 | 03:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by rebelceb
I still don't see where the $15k down payment went, unless you were $10k upside down in your previous car.
Riley has a history on Rennlist with bad math and MSRP's, especially when skewed in his favor.

Oh .... Riley, what was your "break in" procedure? "Drive it like you stole it" since day one? You fit the mold. This car probably has more over-revs than groupies outside an NBA players hotel lobby.

I DARE anyone to call him and start negotiating on this car. You'll get where I'm coming from.

Last edited by STG; 05-04-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2017 991.2 for $88k, giving RL/991 members first dibs.