Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
Thanks! I'm still in a bit of shock

No pics.....still working up my spec, hence the losing sleep. LOL
Awesome! Grats! How much leeway do they give you with specing it out?
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I'm still in a bit of shock

No pics.....still working up my spec, hence the losing sleep. LOL
Awesome! Grats! How much leeway do they give you with specing it out?
Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks y'all! Like I said, it's shocking, to say the least. Just feel really, really excited, and EXTREMELY lucky!

Guys, I'm willing to share everything, but I'm not sure PCA wants that. So I'll answer generically, and fill in more later, if I can. Obviously, I don't want to cause problems for PCA

I've got a '94 968 Cab (see new avi). It's really a drivable/driven-while-being-restored restoration project. Engine, rubber, brakes, clutch, rear diff....its all been worked. Other than a constantly leaking power steering system, it's basically ready to be stripped and repainted. Except collecting new bodywork seals for a 968 is a challenge (not very many made, ZERO aftermarket support) Still don't have them all. When the paint happens, I'll send the interior out for refinish. I'm not capable of either of those tasks, a man has to know his limitations.

I also messed around with a '74 914 1.8 about 20 years ago. Let that go, and kick myself often over that when I see the prices they command now. I think I paid $1500 for it?

I've only been in PCA about 3 years--when I bought this 968. First raffle I was eligible for, I spent $250. Since then, $100 every time. So 2 tickets each raffle.

The basic deal: they have a "Grand Prize" spec. You can change or modify any of it, and the delta in price from the PCA spec comes out of your pocket. It's all based on/using retail prices.

What that means as I understand it: the retail value of your car gets calculated, they add the $25K to that number then withhold 25% for federal taxes. The 25K is meant to soften the tax hit....it doesn't absorb the entire tax load, there isn't any left to put towards adds/changes; and of course IT'S taxed as well. If you just deleted a bunch from their spec, it would simply drive your out of pocket cost downwards. I can't see it being eliminated completely because------->

The after tax balance gets applied towards the purchase per your spec, and you owe the rest out of pocket PLUS local sales tax, title, license and destination fee---all upon delivery.

I'm an engineer by education and a pilot by profession, so NOT a financial guy....but this is how I understand it to work after having it explained to me once. All in, I'm expecting between 15K and 25K out of pocket with the TX sales tax on cars being 6.25%.

Don't get me wrong, IMO, this is still a GREAT thing. I would probably never pull the trigger on this car out of pocket...it's simply beyond my realistic means...or at least seems so psychologically. So to get it for between 10-20% of retail price is a no brainer, and I'll deal with the tax implications as they hit. To include selling the 968 if I have to (another I'll kick myself over, as their value is rising now)

I'm still playing with my spec. It's very well equipped as they've set it up. But simply reading a few of the pages on this board makes it very clear that car configs are beyond extremely personal. I will be making changes to their set up.

And I'll probably post it here when it's finalized. Pretty steep learning curve for a first time 911 guy!

Thanks again for all the congrats! It really is a dream come true.

Last edited by JFerraro17; 08-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:18 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

IT looks like there are still looking for 1 more winner. Must be me!

How do I get rid of this "Related Thread" CRAP?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:40 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

You're right, there is one more winner not yet announced, but it isn't clear if that winner has been selected...

From the announcement page: (Note: One winner will remain unnannounced until a future date due to the home Region's plans for a raffle surprise. Stay tuned!)

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-07-31/...-raffle-closed

Maybe one of us is the lucky one... Maybe you! Maybe me!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
You're right, there is one more winner not yet announced, but it isn't clear if that winner has been selected...

From the announcement page: (Note: One winner will remain unnannounced until a future date due to the home Region's plans for a raffle surprise. Stay tuned!)

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-07-31/...-raffle-closed

Maybe one of us is the lucky one... Maybe you! Maybe me!
Sounds like it is going to be EPIC.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 167 Posts

Guys, I'm willing to share everything, but I'm not sure PCA wants that. So I'll answer generically, and fill in more later, if I can. Obviously, I don't want to cause problems for PCA
Thanks for sharing, and congrats!!

From everything you said, it sounds like it couldn't have gone to a more appreciative winner!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:18 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Sure seems like this is taking waaaaaaaay longer than I'd like, but I told y'all I'd come back and share this.

Still a bit until it locks, but I've settled in on this config. Only thing I'd really consider changing at this point is the interior color....Black vs. Agate Grey is proving to be way tougher than I thought it'd be.

Anyway...for your perusal:

Exterior Color
Sapphire Blue Metallic

Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black

Packages
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
-Porsche Entry & Drive
-Auto-Dimming Mirrors
-Light Design Package
-Seat Heating (Front)
-Seat Ventilation (Front)

Exterior
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
SportDesign Package Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Lower Rear Fascia Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Side Skirts Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Front Axle Lift System
Rear Axle Steering

Wheels
20" Carrera S Wheels

Interior
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Deletion of Alcantara®
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Interior Leather
Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Extended Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Crest on Headrests Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Steering Column Casing in Leather with Stitching in Deviated Thread Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Interior Aluminum
Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Audio and Communications
Voice Control
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Color Leather / Deviated Stitching
Color Selection for Stitching in Deviated Thread
BV - Pebble Grey

Old 11-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice, I love it! Congratulations! and thanks for posting. Although I did not win, I enjoy seeing those that did!

Quick Reply: PCA Members Raffle! .2 GTS + $$