Sponsored by:

Wife discovered the perils of buying large plants with the 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:16 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Wife discovered the perils of buying large plants with the 991

Needed a convertible on Sunday. So I had to make a quick run to Lowes to pick up a new GFCI outlet (side note, F Leviton, I've had 2 GFCI's of theirs, less then 6 mos old fail and get stuck with a red flashing light) Either way, wife asks if she can join, so we get in the car and cruise over to Lowes.

She went into the garden section and I went over to electrical. I buy the GFCI and then go over to the garden section to find my wife. She is mid check out with these huge *** plants with bamboo stakes helping prop up the plants.

First thing she says, these will fit right? I look at it for a second and think, okay may need to open the sunroof.

Well they were just a bit too tall to fit in the back seats. I tell her she needs to sit in the back (thankfully she is 5'3" on a good day). So she gets in the back, I move the front seat up. I put a few towels down that I had in the frunk and put the two potted plants into the front.

Drive home was great, we provided some amusement to several motorists behind us who realized there was a person riding in the back with plants riding in the front.

Another day in paradise.

Name:  IMG_2403.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  326.2 KB
Old 04-25-2017, 09:30 PM
96Tiger
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You're braver than me. Walmart and Lowes are two places my p-car never go - truck only for those trips. Partially because of situations like you describe, but mostly due to the parking lot chaos.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,235 Likes on 747 Posts

I am a little shocked that no one parked right next to you in that big empty lot.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Similar, but different... Bought son some hockey gear while out... Almost didn't make it home.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:33 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 561 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911
Similar, but different... Bought son some hockey gear while out... Almost didn't make it home.
A wheelie bag? Is he a goalie? If not get a regular bag and make him carry it, it may fit better. Where I come from wheelie bags are seen with derision.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
A wheelie bag? Is he a goalie? If not get a regular bag and make him carry it, it may fit better. Where I come from wheelie bags are seen with derision.
Where are you from? We have the largest hockey league in the country out here and at least half of the players, from kids through adult, use a wheeled bag. I don't use one because I like a small bag, but I've never once heard anyone make a comment about a wheeled bag and I've been playing for decades. You see more carry bags in the high school league where they're all trying to look cool, but it's still over half wheeling.

Impossible to use a wheeled bag with a Porsche coupe though. Even with my small bag, I have to take my pants out to get everything to fit in the car.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Double_J
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my 911 to hockey once. No convertible so bag sat in the front seat. It blocked my shifts to fifth and sixth a number of times. Not to mention how gross hockey bags/equipment can smell. Never again.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:36 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 561 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Where are you from? We have the largest hockey league in the country out here and at least half of the players, from kids through adult, use a wheeled bag. I don't use one because I like a small bag, but I've never once heard anyone make a comment about a wheeled bag and I've been playing for decades. You see more carry bags in the high school league where they're all trying to look cool, but it's still over half wheeling.

Impossible to use a wheeled bag with a Porsche coupe though. Even with my small bag, I have to take my pants out to get everything to fit in the car.
I was only joking, I'm from Toronto, and I think we have the largest hockey league in the world. I got harassed the first time I brought a wheelie bag to my beer league game. Wheelie bags do tend to be a lot heavier, though, so not easier to carry or move around. My twin boys who are 10 carry their own regular bags. Three kids who play hockey is the reason I had to get a Toyota Sienna minivan. A bus rear-ended me a while back, and when the Police came to check everyone's insurance, they got a kick out of the fact that I had a Toyota Sienna and a Ferrari 458 listed on my insurance card. Practicality trumps all. Palm trees and hockey, though, that's got to be nice.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts

I will have to do the hockey bag test. Been away from the rink since college. I do have a wheeled bag but I bought that as luggage for international travel. (hard bag to lose and strong as hell)

My normal hockey bag lacks wheels and any sort of internal frame. I doubt it will fit in the frunk but I am sure it will fit across the back seats.

Yes Toronto does have the largest hockey leagues in the world.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Was it a mandevilla vine she stuck in there?
Old 04-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 546 Posts

Check all the outlets in the circuit. I would bet you have a loose ground.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:48 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 237 Posts

What is this hockey thing?
Old 04-28-2017, 01:40 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
What is this hockey thing?
Seems to be a form of fighting with sticks on frozen ponds.

Quick Reply: Wife discovered the perils of buying large plants with the 991