Sponsored by:

991.2 S is Fast!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts
Default 991.2 S is Fast!

Quick post from PSDS Masters - you guys with the 991.2 have a fast car (but you know that). I'm amazed at how quick the car feels at Barber. I'm by no means a highly skilled driver but I can tell the car is quick. I've done a good number of laps at Barber in my GT4 and my GT3 and the 991.2 S is a solid performer. Nice machine.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:31 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes I have been very happy with my 991.2 S after almost a year of ownership. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a 911, I wanted it to be pretty fast, and the car ticked that box no problem. Have not had the car on the track, but backroads handling is impressive too.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:27 PM
PreethMMC
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the S surprised me the most. It is brilliant.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:16 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Quick post from PSDS Masters - you guys with the 991.2 have a fast car (but you know that). I'm amazed at how quick the car feels at Barber. I'm by no means a highly skilled driver but I can tell the car is quick. I've done a good number of laps at Barber in my GT4 and my GT3 and the 991.2 S is a solid performer. Nice machine.
What do you recon was the lap time difference between C2S vs your cars? I am familiar with Skip Barber track, used to race motorbikes there.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:51 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by JawJuh
What do you recon was the lap time difference between C2S vs your cars? I am familiar with Skip Barber track, used to race motorbikes there.
Not sure - PSDS doesn't allow electronic devices but they do provide a video capture that I will look at when I'm back home. If there's anything interesting from a timing perspective, I'll post it. They let us drive C2S, TTS and GT3RS. They all felt fast to me. I couldn't get used to the PCCB in the RS in the short time I was in it.

Side note - Barber MSP isn't related to Skip Barber. Built by George Barber of the Barber dairy empire.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:37 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep its a surprisingly serious piece of gear - I took my own personal 991.2 C2S for its first full "tuner" track day a few days ago - after the first session I was running with the "log book" cars (basically fully approved race cars).

Basically, if its specced with RAS its on pace with a .1 GT3. RAS is the key game changer plus the improved suspension with helper springs. Its a very dialled in car. Thoroughly enjoyed it at full pace, great brakes, well tyred, loads of feedback including noise

This is a very, very enjoyable car
Old 04-08-2017, 10:27 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Agreed, it is a very fast car

I call it quietly fast. Not meant as an exhaust reference for the .1 readers of this thread I previously owned a C6 Z06 which was also a very fast car but the power delivery seems different in .2S. The power delivery in 1st and 2nd gears is a bit raw but in 3rd and 4th it is smooth and deliberate and seems never ending. As has been noted, the "pancake" shaped torque curve certainly helps with fast feeling but the HP curve up to 7k is quite impressive in its own right. I did my first DE with the car last weekend and was certainly impressed with the .2S capabilities which are much better than mine.

All this said, just yesterday I drove my buddy's .2 T with PDK. The PDK is an amazing transmission when wringing the car out. All I can say is WOW! I never thought I would say this, but it is too much power for the streets. Fixed objects pass by very quickly.

Quick Reply: 991.2 S is Fast!