Walk me through leasing a 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by NNN Investment
I think the big negative using penfed versus a lease, you have to pay all sales tax upfront. That's what I'm struggling with.
Be glad you're not leasing in TX. You have to pay the sales tax on the whole price of the car, not just the portion you lease. Then when the next guy registers it, he pays sales tax on FMV of the car at that time. Total double dipping.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:39 AM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's disgusting. Guess at that point financing is better.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
I can live with the amortization schedule. I took the three year deal. How can you turn down 1.74%? If for some unexpected reason the car needs to go, I may be several thousand out of pocket. Much better than a lease. By the way, I'm approved already.

A bit of drama though, I'm not convinced the dealer secured the car. I'll know tomorrow.
Geez, I hope they've got it for you! Good luck!!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:55 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Be glad you're not leasing in TX. You have to pay the sales tax on the whole price of the car, not just the portion you lease. Then when the next guy registers it, he pays sales tax on FMV of the car at that time. Total double dipping.
You'd think with all that oil coming out of the ground in TX and the taxes they collect, you could get a break on sales tax. If Connecticut had oil, there wouldn't be any taxes...
Old 03-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

You'd think with all that oil coming out of the ground in TX and the taxes they collect, you could get a break on sales tax. If Connecticut had oil, there wouldn't be any taxes...
No state income tax. But high property taxes. No personal property taxes, though.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:41 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cayman7
Geez, I hope they've got it for you! Good luck!!
I just heard today the car will be at the dealership this Thursday. The dealer who had the car was pretty sluggish in responding, but he finally got all the info. My dealer had to trade a C4S Cab coming off the water for my car. I guess I'm lucky I bought two Audi Cabriolets from his Audi store next door and my Cayenne Diesel. It is so hard to find a decent build in a base car in the NY tri-state area. Manuals don't seem to sit around for long at all. My car has a few options I didn't think of, like the black/chrome sport exhaust (not PSE), painted PORSCHE logo, and platinum satin painted wheels. They serve to set the car off from a more ordinary build. All other options like Bose, prem pkg, ventilated seats and heated steering wheel are must haves. I'd be pretty annoyed if I settled without those options. Delivery should be this weekend.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I just heard today the car will be at the dealership this Thursday. The dealer who had the car was pretty sluggish in responding, but he finally got all the info. My dealer had to trade a C4S Cab coming off the water for my car. I guess I'm lucky I bought two Audi Cabriolets from his Audi store next door and my Cayenne Diesel. It is so hard to find a decent build in a base car in the NY tri-state area. Manuals don't seem to sit around for long at all. My car has a few options I didn't think of, like the black/chrome sport exhaust (not PSE), painted PORSCHE logo, and platinum satin painted wheels. They serve to set the car off from a more ordinary build. All other options like Bose, prem pkg, ventilated seats and heated steering wheel are must haves. I'd be pretty annoyed if I settled without those options. Delivery should be this weekend.
Awesome, glad to hear it! I'm actually waiting to test drive a base, manual and my local dealer has none. Considering trading my 981 Cayman S if I'm impressed enough with the 991.2

Happy for you - share some pictures after you pick 'er up!

-Randy
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Thanks Randy. I've been working with another dealer who told me today he had "no manuals on the horizon". My dealer closer to my home couldn't even get me an allocation...what the hell? I almost pulled the trigger on a very basic build with manual at a dealer close to home, that was my "settle" choice. Just aren't that many out there, unless I've been looking in all the wrong places.

Loved how the 991.2 drove in manual and PDK.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks Randy. I've been working with another dealer who told me today he had "no manuals on the horizon". My dealer closer to my home couldn't even get me an allocation...what the hell? I almost pulled the trigger on a very basic build with manual at a dealer close to home, that was my "settle" choice. Just aren't that many out there, unless I've been looking in all the wrong places.

Loved how the 991.2 drove in manual and PDK.
Don't settle, especially if you're buying it. Be patient, one will come along. Try to speak to a higher volume dealership.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:00 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmedude
Don't settle, especially if you're buying it. Be patient, one will come along. Try to speak to a higher volume dealership.
I found a car last weekend!! 991.2 C2: 7MT
GT Silver
Carrera S painted in platinum satin
Bose
Prem Pkg
LCA
Ventilated seats
Heated multi-function steering wheel
Sunroof in glass
Sport tail pipes in black
Painted PORSCHE Logo

It's just what I wanted at the right price for me. At some point you just have to say, enough is enough on the options list. I haven't rowed my own gears since 1993, when I sold my Honda Prelude Si. Our Cayenne Diesel is going to have a garage mate. I should have it this weekend. My head is spinning.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

I found a car last weekend!! 991.2 C2: 7MT
GT Silver
Carrera S painted in platinum satin
Bose
Prem Pkg
LCA
Ventilated seats
Heated multi-function steering wheel
Sunroof in glass
Sport tail pipes in black
Painted PORSCHE Logo

It's just what I wanted at the right price for me. At some point you just have to say, enough is enough on the options list. I haven't rowed my own gears since 1993, when I sold my Honda Prelude Si. Our Cayenne Diesel is going to have a garage mate. I should have it this weekend. My head is spinning.
What color is the Porsche logo painted? Sounds like a sweet spec!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

In GT Silver. I think "911" is painted too. The dealer who had the car took awful pictures of it, not a good rear view. It's being transported to my dealer tomorrow. I noted the first dealer took the car down from his website today. Yes, really nice spec. Really like the black tail pipes, and think the painted wheels will set the car off from ordinary.
Silver is a great color for me. I've had so many black cars and just can't deal with the heartbreak of seeing every little imperfection.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

What spec is your car? I can't see your wheels very well from your avatar.
I was tempted to get white.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
mwjackson92
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

One of my buddies got quoted 1899 for 10K/36 months on a manual c4S with a sticker around 125K. 4000 due up front

It's crazy to me that a lease on a car is equal to a mortgage in most of the US (not here in San Diego, but still). I hope I have that much disposable income one day...

Quick Reply: Walk me through leasing a 991.2