Sponsored by:

Newbie help in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Atlgator
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie help in Atlanta

Go easy on me----just joined up and already asking for help!

After a ton of research I have decided to start the search for the perfect "new to me" 991.1 cab. Based on a lot of info from this forum, I have a pretty good idea of what I think I want but I need to spend time with a patient dealer to see/feel/drive in order to confirm what I am thinking.

So.....can anyone recommend a sales associate here in Atlanta (Hennessy or Perimeter) that will be OK investing some upfront time on education for what might be a longer term sale? (Sounds like I might have already missed the winter time discount on cabs and I image stock will be thin as soon as the weather turns)

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2017, 07:36 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 932 Likes on 535 Posts

May Neff at porsche perimeter
I bought few cars from
Old 03-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 612 Posts

Follow the Hot for Sale thread sticky. Lots of great info there.
Also Porsche's site has a (dealer) used car search engine.
Good luck.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:17 PM
GT3FZS
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 92 Posts

I can recommend Hayley Kerr at Hennessy as a great SA, and the entire sales/business/service team. I bought my 2013 Coupe in late February, and enjoyed working with Hayley. A true professional, and a real Porsche enthusiast!
PM me if you want to chat for more specifics.

Originally Posted by Atlgator
Go easy on me----just joined up and already asking for help!

After a ton of research I have decided to start the search for the perfect "new to me" 991.1 cab. Based on a lot of info from this forum, I have a pretty good idea of what I think I want but I need to spend time with a patient dealer to see/feel/drive in order to confirm what I am thinking.

So.....can anyone recommend a sales associate here in Atlanta (Hennessy or Perimeter) that will be OK investing some upfront time on education for what might be a longer term sale? (Sounds like I might have already missed the winter time discount on cabs and I image stock will be thin as soon as the weather turns)

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:52 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

If you're buying used I strongly recommend a nationwide search rather than limiting to a local dealer.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:16 AM
robert090
Intermediate

Searching online for your local dealer might help you. Just search for the local auto dealer in Atlanta and maybe you may find something helpful.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Atlgator
Track Day

Thanks guys, appreciate all of the input.

I should have elaborated a little more in my initial post. I am definitely searching nationwide and using all of the usual suspects (cars.com, carguru, autotrader, p site etc..) but need to actually see in person the additional equipment that I am searching for in order to confirm I am targeting the right equipment. IE: I think I can go without adaptive seats but want to sit in the different options or see firsthand the difference between standard and leather interior.

Everyone's time is valuable (especially a salesperson's) so just feel bad going to the local dealer for research knowing I might end up purchasing out of state.

I am going to reach out to the 2 local sales advisors that were suggested but open to suggestions if anyone has a better method for going about the in person research!

thanks again for all the feedback.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I've bought two cars from Scott Hamilton at Hennessy. He is the Internet sales manager for both new and used cars. I was able to get a great discount on my 2013 991 soon after the 991 models came out. He can probably get you a better deal on any of the pre-owned Porsches than the salespeople can. Nice guy and no-nonsense transactions.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:07 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

I was going to recommend the great guy at Hennessey I've bought from since 2002 (he was with Ellis back then), but since you're most likely not going to buy from the sales associate you work with, I'll not do him that disservice.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:06 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I enjoyed working with Zach at Perimeter.

Quick Reply: Newbie help in Atlanta