Graphite Blue/Chalk interior - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Graphite Blue/Chalk interior

Old 03-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
TJ911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Graphite Blue/Chalk interior

Anybody have this interior and if so do you have any regrets?

Saw it on a Night Blue cab yesterday and thought it looked great, but the car was brand new. I wonder how it would look a couple of years down the road.

Currently have a Night Blue Targa 4S on order and had been considering Espresso, but the Chalk looks so much brighter and sportier.
TJ911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Curt Wohlgemuth
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ911 View Post
Anybody have this interior and if so do you have any regrets?

Saw it on a Night Blue cab yesterday and thought it looked great, but the car was brand new. I wonder how it would look a couple of years down the road.
A previous post about car seats included some responses about chalk seats -- some have see issues wearing jeans, others not.

I have a 718 on order with chalk seats, so I'm hoping it'll be "not" for me.
Curt Wohlgemuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
Needsdecaf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will require more maintenance, but it's not impossible to do. Unless you wear designer jeans every time.
Needsdecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
mac10
User

I have the Graphite Blue Metallic on Gray Chalk interior. The interior is just amazing, hands down the most handsome interior I have ever had. No issues with seat staining etc and I wear blue jeans 90% of the time. As an avid auto detailer, any seat staining i've dealt with in the past(light color seats) was easily cleaned with any reputable leather cleaner. It's really not as big of a deal as some folks make it out to be.
mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
seattle_sun
User

This is in my Cayenne with graphite grey interior. The seat stain was caused by a leather jacket and nothing (including professional detail) can take it off. Also the jeans I wear typically will release a lot of denim and in my grey/blue interior M3, the stain never came fully out. However, most jeans will not cause a significant stain.

Of course having light colored seats isn't a big deal, but for sure it's more work keeping it clean.
seattle_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
mac10
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_sun View Post

This is in my Cayenne with graphite grey interior. The seat stain was caused by a leather jacket and nothing (including professional detail) can take it off. Also the jeans I wear typically will release a lot of denim and in my grey/blue interior M3, the stain never came fully out. However, most jeans will not cause a significant stain.

Of course having light colored seats isn't a big deal, but for sure it's more work keeping it clean.
I typically use a product called 'Gliptone Leather Cleaner'. Try working it into the stained part of the seat with a small amount of warm water using a detailers brush until it foams, wait a couple of minutes and then wipe it with a clean towel. Repeat this process a second time but instead of using the clean towel alone-wrap it around the head of a steamer(I steal my wife's portable clothing steamer) and that should get the rest of it. You need to open the pores of the leather to deep clean. Sometimes stains that have been there for a while will need a third go-round.
mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
TJ911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Going for it...

Thanks for your advice. Order is in and locked. Hurrying up and waiting...
Attached Images

TJ911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
911boy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10 View Post
I have the Graphite Blue Metallic on Gray Chalk interior. The interior is just amazing, hands down the most handsome interior I have ever had. No issues with seat staining etc and I wear blue jeans 90% of the time. As an avid auto detailer, any seat staining i've dealt with in the past(light color seats) was easily cleaned with any reputable leather cleaner. It's really not as big of a deal as some folks make it out to be.
Agree 100%. Looks great and can always be cleaned fairly easily.
911boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
911boy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ911 View Post
Thanks for your advice. Order is in and locked. Hurrying up and waiting...
Spectacular! Congratulations.
911boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
py0413
User

I have the graphite blue/chalk interior now for 7400km after 6 months, no issues and the maintenance has been quite minimum too. Last week my car was in the shop for window tints and there were several marks left on the seats/armrest, wiped them off easily with leather master cleaning. It's now as new as before again.

Congratulations on the Targa, that's a beautiful build indeed.
py0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #11
PantsFire
Addict
Rennlist Member

You could treat the leather before it gets dirty, there's a variety of coatings including ceramic stuff like Nanoshine that can protect it.
PantsFire is offline   Reply With Quote