Shawn C
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that I have them in FL I don't think I could live without them lol
Old 03-06-2017, 02:11 PM
DY369
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if all the seats are the same (all 991's) or if they changed something in the 991.2's, but it seems hard to understand the comments about them being comfortable.
Mine are hard as a rock. I don't notice the back rest as much, but the seat base is really hard. I just came from a 2016 Cayman GTS with sports seats plus and I loved the seats. Never even thought about them. In fact I have never thought about seats....you just sit in them. Never experienced discomfort or had to try so many combinations of tilt to get it almost just right.

In this car, my butt is numb in about 15 minutes.

I'm starting to think it is the leather. The perforated cover is so stiff that I don't think it allows one to get into the cushion much. The Cayman had really soft leather. Sat in an Alcantara car at the dealer last week and it actually felt bouncy and squishy. It seems to allow you to sink into the surface better. I'm waiting for my leather to stretch a bit. No luck so far.

I thought that the ventilation was only in the back rest, but judging from that photo above it looks like a vent or tube is right where one sits. (maybe makes it harder, stiffer?)
I don’t know if ventilation is to blame. Maybe my seat would be softer if I had not checked the ventilation box? No one seems to know at my dealer.
Otherwise loving the car.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:44 PM
GTW4CG
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2015 C4 with 14-way ventilated seats. After 15,000 miles, the are finally starting to break in a little. They were hard as a rock at first. I guess the solution is to just drive the car more!

Quick Reply: Ventilated seats less comfortable ?