Sponsored by:

At freeze point and need help on order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
I don't get the whole crest on the headrests thing. I think the car says Porsche in enough places. I never forget I'm in a Porsche even without the headrest reminder.
And not as if you can actually see it except potentially for 2 seconds as you step in to the car each time ....(but when was the last time you actually looked at the headrests in your car?)
Old 02-24-2017, 07:00 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
And not as if you can actually see it except potentially for 2 seconds as you step in to the car each time ....(but when was the last time you actually looked at the headrests in your car?)
I think you see em every time you walk up to the car to sit down. I know its just me, but its a bit too much bling.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

I actually wish I got it on my car - kinda cheap at $250 and I think it looks cool.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:42 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
There should be a "don't forget these options" thread with all the common ordering mistakes like not changing the tach if you get custom dial colors, forgetting to put the crest on the seats, leaving the ugly black wheels on the GTS, forgetting sunroof delete, leaving out SPASM, etc.
So basically a "Rennlist" edition/trim, yes? A single box to check!
Old 02-25-2017, 12:50 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

I agree you want to double check with your SA in writing and get a response in writing. That way if you don't get what you want, you can have a discussion about it. As to voice control, I read about that issue on this forum and checked with my SA (in writing) 3 times asking him to confirm that my car will have the "option". He says it is not an option on NA cars (Canada, anyway) and my car will have it without him needing to tick any special boxes. That is not what has been reported by one person contributing on this forum. I feel lie I've gone as far as I can go with my SA on the point though. Its not like I couldn't live without it though. You might not feel the same about incorrect stitching though.

On the US dealer configurator, voice control is an option. I saw it.

Canada may very well be different. The option was not hidden. It's right there. So I'm inclined to say don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I actually wish I got it on my car - kinda cheap at $250 and I think it looks cool.
I got the crest on headrest AND model logo on the center console. I think it looks cool too.

My interior is black with carbon fiber, so things like deviated stitching and these logos/crests are a nice way to make the interior pop.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:24 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Freeze point check list:

1.MAKE SURE ALL YOUR DIALS MATCH, including sport chrono clock.
2. If you're getting an S model get the black RPM dial, it's FREE.
3. Get the smoking package for the extra cigarette lighter and cover
4. Get the free cargo net
5. Get premium package plus. The few extra dollars gets you so much more depending o your configuration.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmedude
Freeze point check list:

1.MAKE SURE ALL YOUR DIALS MATCH, including sport chrono clock.
2. If you're getting an S model get the black RPM dial, it's FREE.
3. Get the smoking package for the extra cigarette lighter and cover
4. Get the free cargo net
5. Get premium package plus. The few extra dollars gets you so much more depending o your configuration.
Good list but I disagree with #4

Cargo net is relatively useless and doesn't look great.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:15 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
Good list but I disagree with #4

Cargo net is relatively useless and doesn't look great.
Here is the reason why I like the free cargo net.

There is a cigarette lighter plug beneath the dash on the passenger side. I plug in my cell phone charger here and I put my cell phone in the cargo net! Any excess cable gets tucked in to this net as well .
Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

As to voice control, I read about that issue on this forum and checked with my SA (in writing) 3 times asking him to confirm that my car will have the "option". He says it is not an option on NA cars (Canada, anyway) and my car will have it without him needing to tick any special boxes.
I was at the dealer last weekend going over my order and I asked that exact question, "Do I need to select the Voice Control QH1" and he said its included automatically." Hmm, not sure about that

I still have some time before its locked, but I might have to ask again...
Old 02-25-2017, 03:38 PM
onedae
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 46 Posts
Default voice control

not correct. you need to select voice control in your build or it will not be included.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:20 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by quattroboy
I was at the dealer last weekend going over my order and I asked that exact question, "Do I need to select the Voice Control QH1" and he said its included automatically." Hmm, not sure about that

Maybe it's like the free cargo net. Many times people don't choose the option but end up with it anyway, by default. I'm guessing it's the same with voice control.

That said - yes it's an option that is selectable on their configurator.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:30 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

I have a 991.2 and I do NOT have voice control in my car. I see the button and it definitely does not work.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:04 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by bmedude
I have a 991.2 and I do NOT have voice control in my car. I see the button and it definitely does not work.
I have voice control and compared to my previous CLS 63 it's awful, very slow and makes many mistakes.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:18 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
My previous CLS 63, its awful, very slow and makes many mistakes.
Fixed, sorry to hear that

My C2S came with voice control - I didn't have to order it - but please note it is an Australian build and the standard spec may be different. Also voice control works fine - short press for Porsche - press and hold for Siri. I also found out that my steering wheel is heated
Old 02-26-2017, 06:20 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroboy

I have 3 emails with the SA about voice control and met with the sales manager. In Canada (at least) it is standard equipment. Maybe it has to do with our more restrictive "distracted driving" laws. Not much I can do about it if the car comes without. I only use voice control in our current cars to dial numbers so if the dealership was wrong, its not like I'd walk from the car. I'll certainly report back when it shows up though.

Quick Reply: At freeze point and need help on order!