Sponsored by:

Introducing our all new VTP 991 polyureathane rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Tek
We have more inventory coming in next week.
One of the concerns I have using any poly-engineered plastics is resistance to UV rays, which can and will make the piece turn chalky white with sun exposure. What additives (if any) have you put in the chemical composition to counter the UV effects, and if so, do you offer any kind of time warranty against discoloration over time?
Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 AM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our proprietary blend has a UV additive added however we recommend you remove the wax mold release to get rid of the shine and paint the diffuser with a satin finish paint that also has a UV additive giving you years of hassle free maintenance.
One of our former employees had us install our 993 RS rocker panels and small poly wing he did not paint them left them raw for more than 4 years and they never changed to that chalky color however we can not guarantee it will not happen so as I mentioned we recommend you have it painted.
We offer this option for only $60.00 more.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:58 PM
xwingtw
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Code, The diffuser looks great on your 991. Can you tell me if that was painted or was is just the raw polyurethane after clean up? I just ordered it last week, I would like to try and keep it the same grey/black as the OEM bumper skit. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Code;14034411]Just got back from GT3Tek. First off, great bunch of guys. Very friendly and professional. Great attention to detail and very knowledgeable about Porsche cars. Secondly, despite the size of the piece, it is very light weight! I'd guess maybe 2lbs at most. Overall I'm very satisfied with the quality and fitment of the piece. They also took a bunch of pictures, so they may post more here soon. :

Old 02-20-2018, 11:08 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 348 Posts

They need to sell a GT2RS wing to go along with that (and a triple front dive planes to balance it out!)

About the only thing I like about the vorsteiner that came on my car is the carbon fiber finish and visually the fins taper back don't extend vertically that far above the valence area so you don't notice it. I don't fool myself for a second thinking it's actually functional. It makes oil changes a pain in the *** and scrapes constantly. Maybe I'll take a sawzall to it and have the best of both worlds!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

I really like the look of this piece.. 2 questions:

Is it still the at the $425 introductory price ?
How does it hold up over time as far as the gap to the bumper and the doublesided tape ? I'd imagine that area gets filthy and dirt accumulates there over time...
also not sure how the tape holds up - does it come with or do you recommend a specific brand ? just wondering from buyers early in this thread, does it still hold up and look good now or did the car washing loosen it up?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Merfman
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear diffuser

Originally Posted by GT3 Tek
Hello happy Rennlisters.
We are proud to announce we have our new 991 and 991 GTS rear difusor made of 100% polyurethane with graet fitment and easy installation.
Our introductory price is ONLY $425.00! Regular price is $625.00
We ship worldwide and we are now offering FREE shipping in the continental USA (lower 48 states). With all the savings you are getting how could you not take advantage. Representatives are ready to take you order. And yes, these parts are made in the USA!
please PM me if still available

Quick Reply: Introducing our all new VTP 991 polyureathane rear diffuser