Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HRE Wheels | Your best guess. What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

It's an espresso machine. no no it's a snow cone maker.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:07 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

To all of this. You guys are good. Keep it coming.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

All your former workers are looking at the new "wheel making robots" that just put them out of work. Mic drop.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Environmental testing?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

It's a machine that assembles the new Slap Chop and Sticky Buddy 2.0

(Must watch video to appreciate)

Old 02-09-2017, 07:42 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

It's a new carbon fiber wheel manufacturering machine.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Cell system. Cosmo.

Please tell me I win a set of wheels!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,331 Likes on 751 Posts

Found it. It's not wheels its headlights.
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Line to your restrooms?
Old 02-09-2017, 10:14 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
It's an espresso machine. no no it's a snow cone maker.
True Lies! Love it.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:33 AM
Thinker23
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Pallet rack for a horizontal CNC milling center
Old 02-17-2017, 10:33 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Analysis so far (slow morning)....

There is clearly an emergency cutoff on the end so it contains machinery that can be shut down in case of emergency.

Near that is an industrial machinery warning label that is fuzzy when zoomed, but appears to show a danger of a person being rammed by... well... a ram or outward jutting arm of some sort (there appears to be the feet of a person below a structure coming out with motion shown by an arrow).

The interior space is not heavily occupied since you can see through it but there seems to be a table or something inside (supports below but not much above in the center area). I don't think this could be a milling center as it would occupy the space more fully.

The glass and open top indicates that finishes are not being applied (like a paint booth). Therefore, the walls are there to largely to keep people out but allow them to look in. There is little danger of anything substantial being thrown off of the contained machinery or there wouldn't just glass there or a open top.

The space contained is about three times as long as it is wide. Whatever work the machine is doing largely occurs in the center of the space.

The glass may be tinted darker, or it may just be dark inside, which at first made me consider a laser, but I don't think there is laser involved since they are no laser warnings on the outside.

So at the moment, due to having a large open working volume on the inside but clearly containing some machinery that can move... maybe it is a very large 3D printer... something like a fused deposition printer? I don't think that technique is strong enough to make wheels yet, but maybe it could be used for molds or shapes for casts?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:17 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by StormRune
Analysis so far (slow morning)....

There is clearly an emergency cutoff on the end so it contains machinery that can be shut down in case of emergency.

Near that is an industrial machinery warning label that is fuzzy when zoomed, but appears to show a danger of a person being rammed by... well... a ram or outward jutting arm of some sort (there appears to be the feet of a person below a structure coming out with motion shown by an arrow).

The interior space is not heavily occupied since you can see through it but there seems to be a table or something inside (supports below but not much above in the center area). I don't think this could be a milling center as it would occupy the space more fully.

The glass and open top indicates that finishes are not being applied (like a paint booth). Therefore, the walls are there to largely to keep people out but allow them to look in. There is little danger of anything substantial being thrown off of the contained machinery or there wouldn't just glass there or a open top.

The space contained is about three times as long as it is wide. Whatever work the machine is doing largely occurs in the center of the space.

The glass may be tinted darker, or it may just be dark inside, which at first made me consider a laser, but I don't think there is laser involved since they are no laser warnings on the outside.

So at the moment, due to having a large open working volume on the inside but clearly containing some machinery that can move... maybe it is a very large 3D printer... something like a fused deposition printer? I don't think that technique is strong enough to make wheels yet, but maybe it could be used for molds or shapes for casts?
Great analysis, but no, not a printer of any sort. Big hint here, this machine actually doesn't MAKE anything (aka not another 4-axis), rather a process in making the wheels.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:44 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Great analysis, but no, not a printer of any sort. Big hint here, this machine actually doesn't MAKE anything (aka not another 4-axis), rather a process in making the wheels.
I don't think it is any sort of oven since I don't see any ventilation... also... why would anyone stand around and watch an oven?

You didn't disagree with my not-a-painting device statement so that still stands... I'll dismiss powder coating and the baking of that as well.

So hows this: It's a polishing robot? That seems like a labor intensive process that I think you've been doing by hand over the years.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:48 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by StormRune
I don't think it is any sort of oven since I don't see any ventilation... also... why would anyone stand around and watch an oven?

You didn't disagree with my not-a-painting device statement so that still stands... I'll dismiss powder coating and the baking of that as well.

So hows this: It's a polishing robot? That seems like a labor intensive process that I think you've been doing by hand over the years.
Nope, not powdercoating either. Our powdercoating booth is on the other side of the building in this photo. Not a polishing robot either.

Quick Reply: HRE Wheels | Your best guess. What is this?