Sponsored by:

NAV-tv backup camera image reversed

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Maxr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV-tv backup camera image reversed

Noticed something odd yesterday with my camera. The i image is backwards. Basically what's on my left, on the screen shows is on my right. Throws me off when reversing. I don't remember this being an issue before, but I did have the dealership install the IPD plenum so they had to remove the bumper. However, the plug only goes together one way.
Any clues as to what caused it and how to fix it?
Old 02-08-2017, 01:28 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Most cameras have a wire loop on the camera end that you cut to flip the image. That way it can be used as a front camera. It seems odd that it would have been cut accidentally, but stranger things have happened.

Are you using the NavTV CAM6?
Old 02-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Yes, that's the one I'm using. I was told that the white and green or the wires you cut to have the grid lines. I've had them cut and the gridlines appeared. Now I can't get them to go away and there's no other loop for the image to be flipped.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Ok I finally figured it out. The white loop need to be connected to the ground (bare wire) in order to flip the image. If its cut the image is flipped for a front facing camera.
The green is the grid lines. I reconnected that to the ground as well and the grid lines went away. I never liked the lines because they don't move like the ones from the factory do when you turn the wheel.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:24 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxr
Ok I finally figured it out. The white loop need to be connected to the ground (bare wire) in order to flip the image. If its cut the image is flipped for a front facing camera.
The green is the grid lines. I reconnected that to the ground as well and the grid lines went away. I never liked the lines because they don't move like the ones from the factory do when you turn the wheel.
i am facing your same issue. Left is right and right is left. Did you need to open the rear bumper and do the cutting disconnecting of the wires at the end of the camera or can it be done at the CAN interface right under the steering wheel?
Old 02-12-2023, 12:33 AM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
i am facing your same issue. Left is right and right is left. Did you need to open the rear bumper and do the cutting disconnecting of the wires at the end of the camera or can it be done at the CAN interface right under the steering wheel?
Well let me know if you also figure it out.

Quick Reply: NAV-tv backup camera image reversed