Sponsored by:

Cars and Kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 AM
RS911
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

Torque Chap,

it is still the same car, but it has been a year.

The exterior is Paint to Sample and is called "Grigio Granito Metallic".

The interior color is natural leather in "Garnet Red".

Thank you again for the kind words.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:17 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks to TorqueChap for the seat recommendation
Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2017, 08:30 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911
Torque Chap, it is still the same car, but it has been a year. The exterior is Paint to Sample and is called "Grigio Granito Metallic". The interior color is natural leather in "Garnet Red". Thank you again for the kind words.
RS911, that's an insanely beautiful color combo. Google's showing me that it was originally a Maserati color. Way cool.

Originally Posted by parabola19
My pleasure, Parabola19. Great photo. We've got to get together one of these days.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:22 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
In case you missed it, there is a good car-seat thread for when you need to upgrade:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9398...16-models.html
Old 02-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
indeed. But what I have been struggling with is how to communicate the rather subtle and complex balance he will need to learn between the enjoyment of a secular existence and the responsibilities of a moral and caring citizen.

i fear this one is out of my philosophical and intellectual pay-grade.
I think it's a balance between humility and enjoying life. I've had these same discussions, some of the things kids get confused by is the "worship" of material items. It's one thing to enjoy nice things and another to put those things before anything else.

Wait til he gets older. The father of my 15 year old daughter's boyfriend doesn't like her because I drive a Porsche! How ridiculous is that one?

Also, try driving your Porsche to the fire station to work! Nobody notices I don't have the fancy pickup, motorcycle, boat and rv!

Anyway... par for the course it seems
Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude174
I think it's a balance between humility and enjoying life. I've had these same discussions, some of the things kids get confused by is the "worship" of material items. It's one thing to enjoy nice things and another to put those things before anything else.
Very well said. That is the approach I take with my kids.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:19 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

You'll all think I'm crazy but I don't like to post pictures of my kids on the internet (not that I say its wrong for others to do so).

Having said that, this is the picture that proved to my wife (who wouldn't set foot in the Porsche dealership) that our son - age 6 last summer, would fit easily into back of a 911. Note that he is is just tall enough for his knees to make the bend at the end of the seat allowing his feet to hang 90 degrees to touch the floor. Lots of headroom too. And the bonus is, I don't really have to move my seat forward much to accommodate his as I'm 5'8". My daughter is almost 10 and is a few inches taller than my son. She will sit in the rear passenger position.

It seems my kids are at a perfect age (and size) for a 911. It almost looks roomy back there.

Happy Days!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cars and Kids