Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb Wheel question - verification

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017 | 05:56 PM
GregD
Racer

Default Newb Wheel question - verification

When I got my 991, my master plan included a duck and fuchs... Then I saw the price of both (unexpected wiring of duck and $$$ of fuchs), I sat the fuchs down (ha, sorry), and decided to repaint my other car instead for the money ;-)

So the 20" sport classic that look like Fuchs and came with the anniversary model are my goal but $8000+. I can't fathom spending that for wheels...
I saw the 19" are $4000 and look almost the same. Was wondering about sending those (used at that, I'm not paying $4K either ;-) to Harvey weidman, restorer of "real" fuchs and have him finish just the petal to a frosted gray RSR color like on my older 911 (see profile pic). The 19" are apparently 997 wheels with slightly different offsets, but close enough to work as evidenced by some board member cars that have them...

Just wanted to confirm that was all doable, and that I wasn;t missing anyting. I'm good with 19s...

Last edited by GregD; 02-03-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2017 | 06:15 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

I can attest that Harvey's RSR finish looks the business, but then you already know that. Sounds like a great project. I will say that 991s don't tend to look as good to me with the fuchs-style wheels as smaller 911s wearing smaller Fuchs (17" or smaller) look. But they still look very good. If 19s will fit I think they will look even better than the same wheel in 20.

Keep us updated on your project!

Quick Reply: Newb Wheel question - verification