Sponsored by:

? for those that have done PEC, ATL

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:18 AM
okroger
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ? for those that have done PEC, ATL

What is the fastest a person can get in and out with their vehicle?

When I did PCD with BMW in Spartanburg, I arranged to have first module be the track, then delivery, then I was out the door. They literally couldn't give me the keys fast enough, as I lose interest in standing around staring at memorabilia, eating junkfood, etc etc. By 10am, was logging miles on the way to Road to Nowhere outside Bryson City.

Is it possible to arrange PEC in similar manner? Is their format like PCD where there's track time, lunch, delivery, off-road module, production plant tour, blah blah blah?

Thanks for any insight you can share.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Call and ask?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:26 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts

I really don't see your point.

If you don't want the guided tour and the white glove treatment, lets say, just pick up your car at your local dealer.

If you get there really early you can get your car directly off the truck.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/sout...edia/487985451
Old 02-01-2017, 12:38 PM
okroger
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the comments. I figured asking here might lend itself to more concrete guidance. Often times enthusiast forums know a thing or two the dealerships dont. Not always, but it happens.

the reason for not picking up locally is fairly common i imagine. I enjoy taking the time off work and driving back home, stopping by small towns to recharge my personal batteries. Theres immeasurable amounts of beauty jammed between georgia and boston, and god willing I'll be able to work my way through it every few years.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:31 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by okroger
Thanks for the comments. I figured asking here might lend itself to more concrete guidance. Often times enthusiast forums know a thing or two the dealerships dont. Not always, but it happens.

the reason for not picking up locally is fairly common i imagine. I enjoy taking the time off work and driving back home, stopping by small towns to recharge my personal batteries. Theres immeasurable amounts of beauty jammed between georgia and boston, and god willing I'll be able to work my way through it every few years.
Sounds lovely.

I doubt PEC can be tailored like that. They are backlogged about 2 months, last I heard, so they probably are not interested in changing the routine.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

you wont be getting any production plant tour. There isnt one. You have to have special permission to go in the garage. Theres not much to see beside looking thru the window. Youve got a whole lot more to worry about after you leave the property. Like a hour of traffic to get away from Atlanta.
For advice, go north into NC and go to Robbinsville, tail of the dragon, Cherokee, blue ridge pkw. Asheville
Hellacious roads. This is what your car was meant to do.

Quick Reply: ? for those that have done PEC, ATL