Sponsored by:

Ceramic Pro Cost

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by leanofpeak
Who in the Bay Area (South Bay, Mountain View/Palo Alto area) does the best work? Want paint correction, ceramic coat, front end wrap...
Keith and Cullen at Diamond Car Care Systems did my cars. Very good work, pretty expensive, especially for paint correction - Cullen is a bit of a perfectionist. Bit eccentric though, so I don't know if I'd recommend them at this point. Constantly calls me to try to sell me more work.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:01 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
One more suggestion where I have had phenomenal personal experience for PPF and ceramic coatings at is OmegaWerks in Pleasanton. They are very highly rated and book appointments far out, so give them a call just so you have more options.

They have plenty of experience with Porsches and high end exotics.
I did plenty of research into BA installers before choosing Vincent at OmegaWerks. Just got my car back from them and it's great. No seams to see and Great customer service. He sent me pics and was in constant communication during the entire process.

Whoever you choose, make sure they aren't using pre cut pieces. That is an indication of visible seams. I also choose Omega because they use suntek w a 10 year warranty.

Didn't find Premier to be as customer service focused as I would like during my discussions with them.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:06 PM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Carbonite Detailing, Burlingame for excellent paint correction and coating work.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:49 AM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like we have plenty of options. Thanks for all the referrals. Time to go quote shopping...
Old 07-05-2017, 04:36 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by leanofpeak
Seems like we have plenty of options. Thanks for all the referrals. Time to go quote shopping...
If you have some time, I'd suggest first call the shops and ask about their work what each entails etc. you'll get a feel for them and then physically bring your vehicle in to the shops that you like the most.

Personally, and through many many similar experiences with friends and family Vincent at Omegawerks will take care of you with outstanding work, prices, and a long standing commitment to customer service long after he finishes the job so if you can take your car there and have them look at it and provide you a quote.

Feel free to pm me if you need details (no affiliation , just a super happy customer btw)
Old 07-05-2017, 05:38 AM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@vg247 - Thank you for that. I will be sure to contact Vincent.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 PM
JLG
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Seems like just another profit center for car industry since people are too lazy to paste wax their cars any more. Agree with the film to protect against chips though. Nothing like a good hand paste wax to get to know your car and notice issues. The wax makes it much easier to wash your car and only needs to be redone twice a year to keep it nice. I can do a lot of hand waxes for $1200.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:28 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 711 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
Seems like just another profit center for car industry since people are too lazy to paste wax their cars any more. Agree with the film to protect against chips though. Nothing like a good hand paste wax to get to know your car and notice issues. The wax makes it much easier to wash your car and only needs to be redone twice a year to keep it nice. I can do a lot of hand waxes for $1200.
Not really a profit center...just an evolution of car wax. Think of it as a computer vs. typewriter. The latter can be great and nostalgic, but won't do you any good in modern age where you need to email or fax things.

Paints aren't the same as they were 10-20 years ago. I've been a zymol fan since the time I started detailing back in 1995...garage queens or museum pieces can benefit from the deep color and soft glow of a high-end carnauba wax. But daily drivers or car driven a few times a month requiring washing, paint is too soft to deal with now days.

Nano products that are of quality and vetted, will out perform carnauba by a land slide as it relates to durability, scratch resistance, stain resistance, clarity, etc.

You don't need to spend arm/leg to get a proper nano technology product...CarPro Reload is a simple nano spray sealant any DIYer can apply for less than $30 /bottle...just make sure your prep work is done properly.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:44 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
what kind of wax are you using that lasts 6 months?
Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
Or think they (especially those who put value on their time) have better things to do like, oh I don't know, drive it?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

^ some of us just really enjoy spending time washing and waxing our cars. Not sure how any coating can make washing a car any easier....I only use weight of wash mitt to clean mine....wheels and all. I do use spray waxes between full Carnuba treatments. I did recently cave and wrap (Expel Ultimate) my hood and bumper. Good news is it is swirl proof and helps with sandblasting and rock chips and it shines pretty well . I can see it but have to look hard. Have NO idea how a coating can do anything to protect like PPF.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:50 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 711 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
^ some of us just really enjoy spending time washing and waxing our cars. Not sure how any coating can make washing a car any easier....I only use weight of wash mitt to clean mine....wheels and all. I do use spray waxes between full Carnuba treatments. I did recently cave and wrap (Expel Ultimate) my hood and bumper. Good news is it is swirl proof and helps with sandblasting and rock chips and it shines pretty well . I can see it but have to look hard. Have NO idea how a coating can do anything to protect like PPF.
Great point...best I can explain it is, coatings, when applied correctly, becomes the sacrificial layer, much more robust than traditional carnauba and sealants, that the dirt is sitting on.

Imagine how you car rinses off after that first carnauba treatment...it's amazing and dirt just rolls right off. Now imagine that effect for a few years...not a few months.

When you can flush most of the dirt off the paint, say 70-80%, just with initial pressure washer rinse, you're cleaning only 20-30% of the dirt when using soap and wash mitt. Hence, less dirt, less scratches and possible swirls.

Hope that helps.

Again, not the only option out there that fits EVERYONE, but definitely an advancement in the car care that makes maintenance easier
Old 10-25-2017, 03:39 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
I really enjoy washing (min once/week) and waxing so I don't think this stuff is for me.

Have to say I'm in this camp also. Car gets stripped and clayed twice a year with two coats of Zaino every quarter (and sometimes more). Use Adam's glaze after every car wash to refresh. No swirls, coatings or paint correction needed.

Yeah it takes a little time, something I like to do though....
Old 10-28-2017, 06:39 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
I've been waxing my cars close to 50 years. I agree. You feel every inch of the body and it is a moving projectile so things happen.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
I've been waxing my cars close to 50 years. I agree. You feel every inch of the body and it is a moving projectile so things happen.
Welcome to this century!

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro Cost