Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS --- New SportDesign rear, go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 04:43 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Well as usual I am an odd man out. I actually like that abbreviated little wing? lip? tail? Whatever we are going to call it. I like it a lot. I obviously haven't seen it in person but I've liked it in all the photos I've seen.

Part of what I like is that it is not "in your face" noticeable and actually takes a second look to realize it is there. To me it looks like it would be at least if not more functional at speed with the tail up than the fixed duck tail. Completely subjective I know.

If I order a GTS I will for sure check this box.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
What was the option code for "full leather"? On the new cars (and old, iirc), you had a series of checkboxes for each part of the interior in leather. Did you just say "full leather" to your dealer and s/he configured it for you?
Ever since at least the 986 roll-out certain colors could only be had as Full Leather, and other colors could be had either way. Full means dash, door panels, front and rear seats, side panels in rear, and maybe a few more; I've had Full Leather on every water-cooled Porsche I've owned but it's because I've always gotten a color that only came that way, i.e. Boxster Red, Cocoa, Natural Grey, Espresso, Garnet Red/Black. You can also get Black and the standard beige color (Savannah, Sand, etc, depending on what's current at the time) in Full Leather if you so order.

Then you can add all sorts of other leathe doodads to Full Leather. I had a 2002 Turbo that had Natural Grey Full Leather, and then an additional $14,000 worth of leather upgrades! (Got it second-hand so I didn't pay much for all the leather.) That included things like steering column, speaker covers, vent slats, overhead light console, "horseshoe" (which was the normally plastic part that surrounds the stereo and HVAC), full console (all the way to the back), seat backs, door sills, fuel release lever and so forth. All of these were specified on the build sheet.

But with my current 991 I didn't add any leather -- just ordered Garnet/Black and that caused it to be leather dash, doors, seats, etc.

Quick Reply: GTS --- New SportDesign rear, go?