Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot cars and Sad garages

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Jvmorrow
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While looking for my new house, I am renting a place with NO garage. So I bought this "pop up garage" and its surprisingly very sturdy and works great. Still it is very sad, what do I win?

Old 12-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Jvmorrow
While looking for my new house, I am renting a place with NO garage. So I bought this "pop up garage" and its surprisingly very sturdy and works great. Still it is very sad, what do I win?
That is Sad...but its clutter free!!!

When you posted a closer up pic in the other thread....I thought you were in a paint booth.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

My garage isn't sad because of it's mess or dirt, it's just sad because it's so boring and plain...and small!

Old 12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Jvmorrow
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fasttr
That is Sad...but its clutter free!!!

When you posted a closer up pic in the other thread....I thought you were in a paint booth.
Haha, that is how sad it is.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:15 AM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

print a porsche logo on it and it is a sunroom for your car. Very fancy!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 AM
pvr
Instructor

The line in the middle looks like one of those "left side done with wax type 1, and the right side with wax type 2
Old 12-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Benson Lamb
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha, I try not to hit the wall. I back in to within a foot or so, put it in Neutral , then get out and push it to within an inch of the wall.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

How do we setup voting within an existing thread? Help, as this one might be in the top 3!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:40 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
My garage isn't sad because of it's mess or dirt, it's just sad because it's so boring and plain...and small!

Dunno.. Looks like if you had max-jacks, you could pivot a third car sideways in the back. Say a 356 or early 911 ! it's almost a 3 car garage ;-)
Old 12-09-2016, 04:06 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 302 Likes on 178 Posts

That might be a little too nice for this post.... seriously who here has brick pavers on the floor of their garage?
Old 12-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

My garage is actually pretty nice. It's nothing spectacular, but it's certainly not sad.

This photo is sad because it shows my Porsche as the fourth car in what is technically a three car garage. We had my parents staying with us while my father was dealing with some significant health problems. Our HOA doesn't allow for cars to be parked in the driveway for an extended period of time, so we put my parents' car in the third garage bay where my Porsche normally parks. It's a very tight squeeze, but I can get the Porsche in the the space between the wall by the stairs into the house, and the support column in the garage. It's sad because it takes a real effort to get the car in or out; it's not available for a spontaneous drive.

Fortunately, my father's health has improved and they have moved into their own place again. I have my garage back as of last Wednesday.
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Ok, here's mine without the wife's suv. Basically, just a mess that with a little work, could be cleaned up and properly organized. It actually looks worse in person than in the photo. But a lot of boxes (some not visible) full of stuff that I actually still use like yard tools and cleaning supplies. Bunch of boxes in the left corner that are to be recycled. There's a fat bike in front of the 911 and I have 2 other bikes in the basement, a full susp. mtn bike and Trek P1 cycle (with custom green camo paint). The snow blower and lawn mower are due for a paint correction and protective film. The Duc is a 2006 999R that I've had for over 8 years now, longest vehicle I've ever owned.

Name:  cd066d74-1ee6-4ab2-990e-ae9e018899ba.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  406.7 KB
Old 12-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Ok, here's mine without the wife's suv. Basically, just a mess that with a little work, could be cleaned up and properly organized. It actually looks worse in person than in the photo. But a lot of boxes (some not visible) full of stuff that I actually still use like yard tools and cleaning supplies. Bunch of boxes in the left corner that are to be recycled. There's a fat bike in front of the 911 and I have 2 other bikes in the basement, a full susp. mtn bike and Trek P1 cycle (with custom green camo paint). The snow blower and lawn mower are due for a paint correction and protective film. The Duc is a 2006 999R that I've had for over 8 years now, longest vehicle I've ever owned.
Those of us a short ferry ride across the river from you, expect more from folks from the 'bury!!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13

Finally a worthy mess that makes me feel better about my space. Get the X51 power kit for the mower and blower!

The Ducatti is HOTTT
Old 12-09-2016, 05:56 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

My garage is my gym now. I'm actually adding onto the house so I can relocate all the gym stuff (I have a lot of equipment - Nordic Track, multi-station system with center weight stack, sit up board, exercise bike, mat thing, etc) and thus open up the garage for the car. Pics to follow when the garage goes back to being a garage.

Quick Reply: Hot cars and Sad garages