Help me choose a color!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:55 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle_sun
Yellow.
I have had a black Carrera, white GT3, Silver Turbo, Silver Ferrari, and a black Aston. Lately, I have been attracted to the not so common colors...
The same thing is happening to me. I'm being drawn to the wilder colors. Current 911 is sliver, white GT3, green GT3RS (should have never sold it) and all my Ferraris have been red or silver family. My wife wanted me to order a PTS on our current 911. I regret not doing it.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

I looooove the wild colors, particularly some of the awesome blues...on someone else's car. Couldn't live with it day to day myself, but color is personal, of course. And I don't care what anyone else says, you don't spell Lemon, R-a-c-i-n-g.

Love white, but only if the other styling treatments on the car, particularly the wheels, lean to the aggressive/sporty side. Otherwise, white makes the car look like a luxo cruiser or a rental. IMO, white needs an aggressive 5 spoke wheel on a street car.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine

Lava Orange. Sure you pay a premium, but they'll retire it and then you'll have to pay PTS prices for it.
This would look great next to my Racing Yellow!!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carmine Red (take it with a little grain of bias)

Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Carmine Red (take it with a little grain of bias)

Dammit this one is nice too!!

I think the GTS looks nice in all colors, those hips don't lie and can make Shakira jealous
Old 11-22-2016, 08:07 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never thought this thread would get so many replies - and that opinions would be so equally split Yeah, carmine red looks sweet, and so does lava orange, however I can't justify their $3k price tag. Now here is a fun question: How about white, with green 911R stripes?
Old 11-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by gregv8
I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on a new 991.2 order.
It will be a modest build, a base Carrera with only the essentials. Luckily, my favorite colors happen to be the $0 colors: white, yellow and red. In that order of preference. (That, and maybe metallic white.)
But that's where I'm stuck. I can't make up my mind. First world problem, I know.
I keep flip flopping between yellow and white constantly, and then every now and then cool myself off with the idea of the red.
I like yellow because it's flashy, it stands out, and is unlike every other Porsche on the road. But I also think this is its drawback. I worry that the novelty eventually wears off and it won't age gracefully.
White is very universal, it can be either classic or modern, anything you want it to be. It probably ages better too. Not sure it can develop a real patina but certainly better chance than yellow. The downside of white is that every other car is white. (That's how I consider metallic white too, it's the white-car look without looking cheap.)

What do you all think?
I am having the same dilemma as you are. I am having a lot of difficulty deciding between Carrara white and Carmine red. After seeing all the posted pics I must admit that the yellow with black accents looks great. I don't think I could pull it off though given I tend to be a little more conservative with colors (my first 911 was black on black). My vote for the colors you have listed would be white, yellow, then GR.

For the last 2 months I have been set on Carrara white with black rims/black LEDs but more recently I have started to seriously consider Carmine red (I have 3 weeks before I have to finalize my order). It is a beautiful red that is a little less flashy than GR. The posted pics have been great to help me decide on White vs Carmine red. If anyone has more pics of a White or Carmine red 911 with black rims I would love to see the pics. Thanks to all for posting these great pics....
Old 11-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bemo
Dammit this one is nice too!!

I think the GTS looks nice in all colors, those hips don't lie and can make Shakira jealous

Thanks! I like the GTS too. Mine is a TTS though...
Old 11-22-2016, 09:24 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Thanks! I like the GTS too. Mine is a TTS though...
Apparently that was too obvious for me to notice as, in my mind, I was stuck on images of recent GTSs. Sweet TTS!!
Old 11-22-2016, 10:14 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Yogi's Carmine is stunning.

I would have chosen Carmine if they had it available on the .1 TT at the time. They didn't so my 2nd choice was CWM. In my case, the interior dictated the exterior colour. Black/Garnet was a must for me.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:38 PM
fq
Instructor

I went with a loud color (for me) this time and took Euro delivery 10 days ago in Leipzig. Miami Blue TTS 991.2.

Last edited by fq; 11-23-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 11-22-2016, 11:48 PM
hepmonk
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yellow
Old 11-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Northern 911
I am having the same dilemma as you are. I am having a lot of difficulty deciding between Carrara white and Carmine red. After seeing all the posted pics I must admit that the yellow with black accents looks great. I don't think I could pull it off though given I tend to be a little more conservative with colors (my first 911 was black on black). My vote for the colors you have listed would be white, yellow, then GR.

For the last 2 months I have been set on Carrara white with black rims/black LEDs but more recently I have started to seriously consider Carmine red (I have 3 weeks before I have to finalize my order). It is a beautiful red that is a little less flashy than GR. The posted pics have been great to help me decide on White vs Carmine red. If anyone has more pics of a White or Carmine red 911 with black rims I would love to see the pics. Thanks to all for posting these great pics....
Here's a link to a Carmine Red with black wheels:

CR with black wheels
Old 11-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by eddtiff
Yogi's Carmine is stunning.

I would have chosen Carmine if they had it available on the .1 TT at the time. They didn't so my 2nd choice was CWM. In my case, the interior dictated the exterior colour. Black/Garnet was a must for me.
Thank you! I took delivery last Tuesday, my detailer picked it up for PPF and other goodies on Wednesday and hope to get it back this Friday. It's been brutal. The delivery was a tease!
Old 11-23-2016, 12:15 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

1) Racing Yellow (with black contrasting colours e.g. wheels and lights)
2) Guards Red (with black contrasting colours e.g. wheels and lights)
.3) White far to many on the road but still looks great with.......black contrasting colours

Quick Reply: Help me choose a color!