Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'17 Fashion Grey C2S beauty for sale, great dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016 | 05:01 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Not a perfect build but gotta love Fashion Grey! Would be tempting. If you could splash a little Pepita in there, done deal!
Yes, believe that would've thrown me over the top! Maybe with some carbon fiber or brushed aluminum trim. What I really want is rear-wheel drive with the wider back-end of the GTS. Aesthetically, I love the subtle changes on .2 like the 3D lights and refined look of connecting brakelight.
Old 11-19-2016 | 05:07 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Agree, odd to spec a car that way and then not check SPASM. Beautiful car though.

Was just reading the latest sales figures in Panorama and 911 sales are just falling off of the end of the earth. Actually, sales are down on almost every model and Porsche would be on the fast train to the morgue without the Macan right now. I'm wondering how much of the 911 decline is due to Porsche simply deciding to build less/offer fewer allocations. My SA has said to me a couple of times that PCNA told them early this year to expect fewer sports cars and more SUVs. Scary what would/will happen if/when Macan sales flatten out.
Old 11-20-2016 | 02:47 PM
Geiss
Instructor

While we're on the topic of fashion gey, Is this color fashion grey?

Old 11-20-2016 | 03:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Looks like it to me.
Old 11-21-2016 | 04:47 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Minus PCCB add SPASM.

GORGEOUS though.
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:06 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Minus CCB, add PDK, add SPASM, add sunroof and it would be gone... Fashion grey is a sweet color.
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Agree, odd to spec a car that way and then not check SPASM. Beautiful car though.

Was just reading the latest sales figures in Panorama and 911 sales are just falling off of the end of the earth. Actually, sales are down on almost every model and Porsche would be on the fast train to the morgue without the Macan right now. I'm wondering how much of the 911 decline is due to Porsche simply deciding to build less/offer fewer allocations. My SA has said to me a couple of times that PCNA told them early this year to expect fewer sports cars and more SUVs. Scary what would/will happen if/when Macan sales flatten out.
They are making enough 991.2's to satisfy demand. What they are doing is not flooding the market and want to have a tight supply to keep prices high.

.2 sales projections are way under what they were estimating and quickly adjusted #'s.

Yes, the Macan is saving the day for now ...
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Geiss
While we're on the topic of fashion gey, Is this color fashion grey?

Yes. It's a non-metallic color as well.

I love the Porsche Sport Classic Grey. That's a beauty.
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:33 PM
Geiss
Instructor

^^^ is that Porsche sport classic grey or fashion grey? It seems like fashion grey.
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Geiss
^^^ is that Porsche sport classic grey or fashion grey? It seems like fashion grey.
It's Fashion. They haven't released Sport Classic as a paint to sample option.
Old 11-21-2016 | 05:52 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG
They are making enough 991.2's to satisfy demand. What they are doing is not flooding the market and want to have a tight supply to keep prices high.

.2 sales projections are way under what they were estimating and quickly adjusted #'s.
Not what my SA is telling me. He indicated that PCNA told them very early in the year that they should expect a lot more Macans and fewer sports car allocations in 2016 due to a conscious decision by Porsche to chase the Macan demand in the US and use dealer resources that way. There was no indication that the .2 was going to sell poorly and in fact my SA says they are selling reasonably well, but the challenge is getting allocations, not orders. He also indicated that, by not being able to floor as many sports cars, they're losing some walk in sales and the entire profile of the dealership is changing a bit. He also indicated that the salesman are not happy, as the Macan commissions are lower and the typical buyer is much more price sensitive and is cross shopping a cheaper vehicle. Which is putting a squeeze on his commissions.

He did indicate that demand for the 718 appears slower than the 981, but that the 981 was already slipping, so it's not all that surprising.
Old 11-21-2016 | 08:07 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

There's a lot of construction at the Stuttgart works for building and outfitting factory capacity for the coming Mission-e sedan. This may be having an effect on plant capacity to build more 911's until the construction is completed. There are NO Euro Deliveries in Stuttgart until summer at the earliest. The delivery center has been affected by the construction mess. My June 911 delivery will have to happen at Leipzig.
Old 11-21-2016 | 08:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not what my SA is telling me. He indicated that PCNA told them very early in the year that they should expect a lot more Macans and fewer sports car allocations in 2016 due to a conscious decision by Porsche to chase the Macan demand in the US and use dealer resources that way. There was no indication that the .2 was going to sell poorly and in fact my SA says they are selling reasonably well, but the challenge is getting allocations, not orders. He also indicated that, by not being able to floor as many sports cars, they're losing some walk in sales and the entire profile of the dealership is changing a bit. He also indicated that the salesman are not happy, as the Macan commissions are lower and the typical buyer is much more price sensitive and is cross shopping a cheaper vehicle. Which is putting a squeeze on his commissions.

He did indicate that demand for the 718 appears slower than the 981, but that the 981 was already slipping, so it's not all that surprising.
Don't totally agree with the allocation game, and 911 sales are slightly down over 2015.

For whatever reason they have tightened.

You bring up some GREAT points though about not having as many sports cars on the floor and them pushing the non-sports cars hard with unhappy sales people on lower commissions.

I think broadening their market too much might bite them in the *** at the expense of the niche enthusiast market. Becoming another Audi might not work. One thing is for sure, they have big plans in mind and gone is the Porsche of yesterday. They have always been a step above MB, BMW, and Audi. They are definitely drifting downmarket with much higher prices where competition is fierce and not sure they can win with that formula with much more price sensitive shoppers. As they get bigger, they risk losing the higher income buyers who may want more exclusivity than what the future holds.
Old 11-21-2016 | 08:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
There's a lot of construction at the Stuttgart works for building and outfitting factory capacity for the coming Mission-e sedan. This may be having an effect on plant capacity to build more 911's until the construction is completed. There are NO Euro Deliveries in Stuttgart until summer at the earliest. The delivery center has been affected by the construction mess. My June 911 delivery will have to happen at Leipzig.

Is there a chance this whole electric vehicle thing may be a blip in history and eventually flop? Abundant oil at low prices will make it a tough sale to the consumer regardless what the Euro politicians say. The politicians seem to be dictating what the consumers should have. Dangerous formula.

Porsche is betting the farm on it. Will be interesting .....

Quick Reply: '17 Fashion Grey C2S beauty for sale, great dealer experience