Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 165 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Suncoast's Top 10 991 Upgrades!

As the Holiday Season is right around the corner we figured we would put out a list of our Top 10 Products for each model range. The following items are some of our favorites, best selling, and all around cool items we have available. All Genuine Porsche at discounted prices. Give us a call or shoot us a PM if you have any questions.

In no particular order, click the links for more info:

Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman Clear LED Side Markers

Hands down, our most popular accessory for a Porsche. Even if you don't "care" about upgrading or personalizing your car, this upgrade is worth considering. Orange doesn't match, it's completely out of place. You have such a nice car, don't burden it with orange. You can easily convert to the European clear versions for a cleaner look. This is a new upgrade from Porsche. Replaces your standard orange side marker with a factory LED version.

Porsche 991 Clear LED Tail Lights

Factory optional clear tail lights for 2013-2016 Carrera models (991 generation). Replaces the stock tail lights with Genuine Porsche clear LED lights. Transforms the look of the rear of the car, a dramatic and modern look. A plug and play installation, no modifications necessary. Comes with the driver and passenger side light.

Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman Factory Short Shift Kit

Reduced shift lever height and spring loaded lever makes for snappier and more precise gear changes. Comes with an entirely new shift console with upgraded internal components. A direct replacement, comes with shift alignment tool for easy installation.

Porsche 991 Sport Spoiler Lip

Sport spoiler lip for Carrera models. A direct fit for the front bumper, and replaces the subtle "horns" with a more aggressive chin spoiler. An aerodynamically adapted front spoiler lip. Comes standard on some models. Standard on cars with Sport PASM suspension. Not compatible with Aerokit bumper.

Porsche 991 "GTS" Sport Exhaust Tips in Black

You can switch the chrome tips with this factory black anodized tips from the GTS models. Comes with the left and right tip, a bolt-on installation.
Fits 2013-2016 Carrera/S/4/4S models WITH SPORT EXHAUST. Only compatible with cars with Sport Exhaust System.

Porsche 991 Interior LED Lighting Kit

New from Suncoast! After months of testing on our own cars, we're pleased to offer this new plug and play package. The LED interior lighting package consists of 6 LED lights, which add a brighter and more prestigious look to the interior. This kit is specifically made for the new 2012.5 or newer Carrera (991) models. Replaces all cargo, glove box, lower door panel, and footwell lights with brighter and more energy efficient lights.

Porsche 991 Sport Design Mirror Package

Sport design mirrors add a more aggressive look to 911 models. This complete kit comes with many pieces which are required for the conversion, for both the left and right side mirrors.

Porsche 991 Leather Extended Height Console Lid with Crest

Replaces the standard arm rest assembly with a taller version with logo. A direct replacement with no modifications, and genuine Porsche parts. Adds more storage capacity to the center console and taller design allows for resting the elbow at a more comfortable height. Aside from fixing these common gripes, the lid comes with an embossed Porsche Crest emblem and double stitching. The fit and finish is fantastic, art for your center console.

Highlights include:
-Increased center console storage. Extra 1/2 inch of interior storage height in some spots, and side to side room increases from 2.5 inches to almost 5 inches.
-Raised height - almost 1 inch taller. More ergonomic and comfortable for most drivers.
-Gorgeous embossed Porsche crest emblem.
-Premium stitching.

Porsche 991 Front Trunk Liner

High-density black polymer luggage compartment liner is tough, waterproof, and washable - perfect for protecting front luggage compartments against dirt and debris. Cleverly equipped with handles, making it suitable for transporting cargo to and from your Porsche. Very durable, very tough. Ready for all of your cargo, dirt, and spills!

Porsche 991 Premium Indoor Car Cover

Genuine Porsche Tequipment accessory. Storage bag included. Fits the '991 generation' 2012-2016 Carrera (including cabrio, coupe, & targa models).
New options added - If your car has upgraded Aerokit or Sport Design package, then the standard cover won't be compatible with the larger fixed-wing spoilers. We now offer covers designed specifically for cars with upgraded rear spoilers and bumpers.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 11-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you confirm if the short shifter upgrade applies to both 911.1 and .2? Thank you.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:38 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

You know you're spending too much money on upgrades to your Porsche when you already own 7 out of the 10 after only three months of 991 ownership.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:43 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes the transmission is the same for .1 and .2 cars. Works like a dream!

Originally Posted by Jenner
Can you confirm if the short shifter upgrade applies to both 911.1 and .2? Thank you.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:45 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guilty!

Originally Posted by daberlin
You know you're spending too much money on upgrades to your Porsche when you already own 7 out of the 10 after only three months of 991 ownership.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:06 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Can we expect any holiday discounts? A little incentive goes a long way!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:10 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Guilty!
Is there much more involved to the side mirror swap than simply having them painted? I've heard you have to swap parts over from the existing mirrors, but I havent seen any detailed write up/install guide.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daberlin
Ditto, Or worse you could do that and even then replace some of them at 4 months in with new stuff like me. Bought the front lip for my regular S bumper, put it on and a month later put on a sport design bumper and duck. Buy magnetic black fender protectors and a month later go ahead and buy black film ones.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:09 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! Great post.... have a few, don't need a few. On the fence w armrest!
Old 11-03-2016, 12:11 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 don't need any of the top 10, but I'm a sucker for a discount.

Originally Posted by BradB
Old 11-03-2016, 01:37 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Does the console lid work for the .2?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Regarding the "
Porsche 991 Leather Extended Height Console Lid with Crest"

That looks pretty good. I just took delivery of my new 4S and noticed that my arm rest is quite a bit lower than my arm would normally rest.

What is the price of this accessory?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just click the link in the post....takes you right to their site and shows the price.

Also they don't list Bordeaux so I don't think it's an option for you anyways.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by Jenner

Just click the link in the post....takes you right to their site and shows the price.

Also they don't list Bordeaux so I don't think it's an option for you anyways.
My mistake, I see the link now.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BradB
We have some really cool stuff in the works for the Holidays and Black Friday. If you're not on our email list be sure to sign up for that. We send those out first.

Join Our Suncoast Parts Newsletter!

Originally Posted by gbree
Is there much more involved to the side mirror swap than simply having them painted? I've heard you have to swap parts over from the existing mirrors, but I havent seen any detailed write up/install guide.
The mirror kits come from Porsche disassembled. They need to be put together and painted prior to installation on the car, the programmed at a dealer. There's over 30 separate part numbers for the kit with everything needed to do a direct swap. According to Porsche there shouldn't be any parts used from the old mirrors.

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
Does the console lid work for the .2?
Yes it does and it's a great upgrade

Quick Reply: Suncoast's Top 10 991 Upgrades!