Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Ordered Signature Wheels - 991 GTS - Now I Wait

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016 | 03:35 AM
Sayyaaf
Advanced

Hi Jimmy,

Lovely wheel. I saw your instagram account by accident. Aren't you working for Signature Wheels ?

https://www.instagram.com/jn991gts/
Old 11-04-2016 | 12:44 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Sayyaaf
Hi Jimmy,

Lovely wheel. I saw your instagram account by accident. Aren't you working for Signature Wheels ?

https://www.instagram.com/jn991gts/
Thank you . I know the founder of Signature for a long time and done business with him in the past since the car world is very small. He stands behind his product and talked me into buying a set of Signature. I did shop with other brands, but they were all priced above my budget unless I wanted rotary forged wheels which I don't. I do know that I wanted full forged wheels that are JWL/VIA certified with fast delivery.

I received a discount for my set for being one of the first 991 GTS owners. The CEO approached me to ask me to lead their sales initiatives due to my sales management background, I accepted that offer last month. A month ago, I had no idea I would be involved at least to this level. But it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I'm already talking to Daniel Spitzer at Rennlist (website marketing) and creating a commercial account once a photoshoot of my wheels are done. These wheels are now popular in the BMW/Audi community, Porsche is the next chapter.

I'm technical by nature and gets very hands on with my cars (posting DIY, etc). I'd post what I'm putting on my car which are always quality stuff, example my MSI studs thread which we all know Tarett do not discount those. I've been a value added member on Bimmerpost for over 6yrs and continue to be one here. If I don't believe in the product such as MSI wheel studs and Signature, I would never install them on my car especially these will be used for the track as well.

If you have any technical questions about wheels and tire fitment even if it's not related to Signature, that is my specialty. Feel free to DM me for those types of questions.

Last edited by Jnosol; 11-04-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2016 | 05:57 AM
koister2001
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Brand Recognition and Manufacturing Cost.

Brand goes a long way, HRE/BBS have been around for a long time, well respected, and sponsored many race cars. A new brand can't price it at the same price level nor are they bold enough to make customers wait 12 weeks for a set of wheels. So a new company must price low and delivers fast.

Both wheels are JWL tested and VIA certified. (never buy a forged wheels without these certifications so I've learned)

Like Apple iPhone: Signature wheels are designed in California and manufactured in Taiwan (as shown on their website), where the price of 6061-T6 aluminum are priced competitively. Before you reach a conclusion don't confuse Taiwan with China, Taiwanese culture values high quality precision and it's very modern equivalent of Japan. Even iphones are made in Taiwan by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) and Xintec.

Some US wheel companies source their aluminum from overseas and most wheel CNC machines are about the same, just boils down to engineering, design, and testing which sets the wheels apart. (assuming both forged wheels are machined from highly pressed and heat treated aluminum)
I live in the city where Signature wheels is addressed at - according to the website. I am in the market for a set of forged wheels and would love to check out their design studio or speak with their designer if they are indeed "designed" and/or "engineered" in California.
Old 11-05-2016 | 09:46 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by koister2001
I live in the city where Signature wheels is addressed at - according to the website. I am in the market for a set of forged wheels and would love to check out their design studio or speak with their designer if they are indeed "designed" and/or "engineered" in California.
Please DM me your phone number and best time to reach you. Designing process and 3-D rendering starts in CA, the 3D modeling, manufacturing, and JWL/VIA certification is done in Taiwan.

Please don't be offended, just taking precaution measures. Signature is being very disruptive to the custom forged wheel industry. The price is reasonable, the product is high quality/high precision, and the customer service/delivery ETA is beyond customer's expectation. So it's natural for established wheels companies that charges double to send out trolls and find ways to poke holes into this business model. So it's best for me to discuss with you on the phone, you'll then understand why these are top notch wheels backed by a reputable forged manufacturer. This is not your average "startup" company.

Last edited by Jnosol; 11-05-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2016 | 09:48 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Getting these SV102 mounted today. Order placed 10/10, ETA was 11/10, actual arrival was 11/4. I'm super OCD about finish as I was a auto painter in high school for a body shop that only touches European cars. I inspected every inch, not one bit of finish imperfection. See for yourself.

P.S. Do not DM me for pricing. Signature official start date on Rennlist is 11/18.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jnosol; 11-05-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2016 | 10:51 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Prepping for photoshoot.. 20x9 ET45 and 20x12 ET45 is perfect for the GTS.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jnosol; 11-05-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2016 | 12:43 PM
Jnosol
Pro

So it's very disappointing to discover that the 991.1 GTS 5-Lugs uses wheels from a Carrera 4S. That means it's not as wide nor as aggressive as the CL GTS, which is why it needs 5mm spacers.

Here's the specs of the OEM GTS 5-Lug wheels:

20x8.5 ET51 (ET46 with 5mm spacers)
20x11 ET52 (ET47 with 5mm spacers)

Signature Fully Forged Monoblock SV102 specs:

20x9 ET45
20x12 ET45

***Signature Commercial account on Rennlist coming soon. Do not PM me for pricing.***
Attached Images   

Last edited by Jnosol; 11-13-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered Signature Wheels - 991 GTS - Now I Wait